silver fox

Team for West Ham game

To give some players a rest my team for the West Ham game would be:

Green

Helveg Doherty Shackell Drury

Jarvis Francis Bentley Brennan

Jonsson Crow

Subs  Gallagher, Edworthy, Charlton, Huckerby, McVeigh

I agree, with the swapping round bit. Was very impressed by Crow when he came on against the ''Pool. Jonsson I think is getting more impressive each time I see him, I think our scandinavian contingent are settling in quite nicely. Come on you yellows!

No, I would leave Jonson up front.

When he went up front against ''pool, it suddenly made sense. His directness was just what we needed - saw a pass and passed it, didn''t hold on to the ball for hours a la Hucks/Leon/Bentley. He and Crow really made sense.

Certainly Leon is not the answer with one up front.

I think Bentley is suspened for this game (he got his 5th yellow card yesterday - according to Norwegian Canal+). I''m not sure if this is correct.

What about this team:
Green - Eddy, Charlton, Shackell, Doc - Helveg, Francis, Brennan, Hucks - Crow, Jonson. Subs: Ward, Drury, Jarvis, Mulryne, McVeigh.

Brennan has only one foot, but I''m sure he can play better than Mulryne did yesterday. Jonson has played up front for Sweden, and looked sharp for the final 15 minutes vs. Liverpool. As I''ve said on a different thread, Fleming must have a break. I also believe Crow played better than Jarvis, although Jarvis scored a nice goal.

Bentley suspended for the Villa match ,and as for Mc.Veigh I don''t think we will ever see him in green &yellow again

NO LEGS, i''ve got a horrible feeling that you might just be right...

OK. Bentley wasn''t good vs. Liverpool, and Ward is of course injured. Here''s my revised team suggestion for the cup game:

Green - Eddy, Charlton, Shackell, Doc - Helveg, Francis, Brennan, Hucks - Crow, Jonson. Subs: Gallacher, Drury, Jarvis, Mulryne, Bentley.

[quote]NO LEGS, i''ve got a horrible feeling that you might just be right...[/quote]

Just a feeling that he''ll be changing his name to "Mc.Weight" in a transfer deal

my team would be

green

helveg    doc    charlton

jonson  francis   brennan    bentley

jarvis     leon      hucks

subs--ward  ,  fleming , crow  , blackburn , drury

My comment isn''t about our team - its about West Ham.

Interesting to see first hand how Harewood shapes up. And of course, Malky in his new club. Is he still as slow as we remember him - or is he an absolute brick outhouse that we can''t pass?

Personally, the one West Ham player I''d love us to sign is Etherington. Too good for Worst Ham - and we need another midfielder.

only because I don''t think Shackell will get a chance:

Green

Eddy             Helveg           Doc          Charlton

Jonsson         Francis          Mullers      Bentley

Jarvis            Crow   (wishful thinking probably though, sure Leon and Hux will be in)

stevenage fan!!!

I used to live in Chells manor. Now alas New York. were you the blue car we''d see bombing down the a505 on a saturday morning?? or down by sainsburys at coreys mill?

NYCanary

www.nycanaries.com