Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

They'll be in trouble now...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Looks like Liverpool could be in a huge spot of bother, taken from BBC live text of FA cup game against Oldham

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

About time the FA stepped in big time. Liverpool have created a huge mess with their Suerez support.
[/quote]

Yes, Stamp it out right now and Ban Liverpool from the FA cup, reinstate Oldham to the next round, the FA have to come down and hard on the Scousers, that is the only punishment that will effect them, they are a rich club and will laugh away any fine that will be handed out so Kick them out of the cup

[/quote]

Come on now! A sense of proportion is needed!

Because a couple of mindless idiots behave in a disgusting manner that is no reason to make the millions, yes millions, of Liverpool followers all over the world suffer and be painted by the same brush.

Yes, come down hard on the incident but come down hard on the idiots who perpetrated the crime, not the quiet, law abiding majority.

To call all Liverpool fans racist, as a ban on the club would be, would be a ‘racist’ act towards Liverpool fans.

Make the guilty suffer, not the innocent.

[/quote]

A sense of proportion?   I''m sorry but the way the club - yes - the club - handled the suariez incident has been ridiculous to say the least.  It is almost certain that racist comments took place - yet the club, far from apologising and then moving on, actually deny it!   This has given  low life fans (there are some at every club) just the excuse they need.   This is why racism has to be stamped on. The message has to be clear.   Liverpool failed in this regard and look what happens!!    The club needs to sort itself out - or if they won''t  do it themselves - they need to be made an example of.   The poster is right - do something to the club that makes them think - a fine is no good.  Removing from a competetion or two might make them wake up!!

[/quote]

As for the Suarez affair, as I see it that has been dealt with by the authorities and I do not want to comment too much further on that.

I will, however, point out that because of the problems with our football and the seemingly ever increasing need to get players in our Premiership from every corner of the globe, there will certainly be other culture problems that will come to light.

We already have numerous players who cannot easily speak or understand our language and it now seems that as well as language lessons they also need lessons on the society that they are joining in what is acceptable and what is not as there seems to be some, at least, who do not know.

On the latest incident are you really saying that as 2 people out of a crowd of 44,556 made racist comments that they all should suffer? Are you really saying all Liverpool supporters are racist?

How many Liverpool followers and supporters do you know? Are they racist? Should they suffer?

Or should the authorities, both the club and the police, come down heavily on the perpetrators of the crime and let it be known that their behaviour is not acceptable and will be severely punished.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

Think some people need to calm down, calm down, (pun intended !!) a bit. I don''t have any particular liking for Liverpool but every football club has the odd racist fan. I know people are linking this incident with Liverpool''s defence of Suarez but that''s pretty irrelevant. Our club makes every effort to kick racism out and yet we will still have some racist fans amongst our crowd.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s irrelevant at all, I think it''s completely relevant.  When you defend a player who admits to calling another player "negro" seven or eight times, send your first team out in "Suarez" T-shirts and stand behind him, even contesting the FA decision re: eight match ban, you are sending a message to your own supporters that actually you don''t see using racial language as a problem.  In that context, a couple of pissed-up morons in Row A are going to have slightly looser tongues than they otherwise might.

[/quote]

It''s not enough of a message to change people''s long-held views. A racist football supporter will not have his/her opinions changed by actions or words from his club - it takes much more than that or you would find some clubs with absolutely no racist supporters at all, and frankly I don''t believe such a club exists.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Looks like Liverpool could be in a huge spot of bother, taken from BBC live text of FA cup game against Oldham2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.About time the FA stepped in big time. Liverpool have created a huge mess with their Suerez support.[/quote]

Yes, Stamp it out right now and Ban Liverpool from the FA cup, reinstate Oldham to the next round, the FA have to come down and hard on the Scousers, that is the only punishment that will effect them, they are a rich club and will laugh away any fine that will be handed out so Kick them out of the cup

[/quote]

Come on now! A sense of proportion is needed!

Because a couple of mindless idiots behave in a disgusting manner that is no reason to make the millions, yes millions, of Liverpool followers all over the world suffer and be painted by the same brush.

Yes, come down hard on the incident but come down hard on the idiots who perpetrated the crime, not the quiet, law abiding majority.

To call all Liverpool fans racist, as a ban on the club would be, would be a ‘racist’ act towards Liverpool fans.

Make the guilty suffer, not the innocent.

[/quote]

A sense of proportion?   I''m sorry but the way the club - yes - the club - handled the suariez incident has been ridiculous to say the least.  It is almost certain that racist comments took place - yet the club, far from apologising and then moving on, actually deny it!   This has given  low life fans (there are some at every club) just the excuse they need.   This is why racism has to be stamped on. The message has to be clear.   Liverpool failed in this regard and look what happens!!    The club needs to sort itself out - or if they won''t  do it themselves - they need to be made an example of.   The poster is right - do something to the club that makes them think - a fine is no good.  Removing from a competetion or two might make them wake up!!

[/quote]

As for the Suarez affair, as I see it that has been dealt with by the authorities and I do not want to comment too much further on that.

I will, however, point out that because of the problems with our football and the seemingly ever increasing need to get players in our Premiership from every corner of the globe, there will certainly be other culture problems that will come to light.

We already have numerous players who cannot easily speak or understand our language and it now seems that as well as language lessons they also need lessons on the society that they are joining in what is acceptable and what is not as there seems to be some, at least, who do not know.

On the latest incident are you really saying that as 2 people out of a crowd of 44,556 made racist comments that they all should suffer? Are you really saying all Liverpool supporters are racist?

How many Liverpool followers and supporters do you know? Are they racist? Should they suffer?

Or should the authorities, both the club and the police, come down heavily on the perpetrators of the crime and let it be known that their behaviour is not acceptable and will be severely punished.

[/quote]Here''s a problem.  I was of the view that if it was a couple of idiots out of 1000s then common sense says 99.9% aren''t that moronic.  I''ve just viewed the video on Youtube, and I''ve changed my mind, because when Tom is clearly upset and going mad the kop start singing a Suarez song to obviously bait him further.  ****s the lot of them

YW - the club is the club - it includes the fans.     The club have failed to deal with the Suarez incident properly - this has sent a message to their fans - whether it is 2 of them or 2 thousand of them that take it on further.    The club''s attitude is at least partially to blame - they are all in it together - you can''t separate the issues.    The club has to make a stand - but they have shown no signs of it yet.   

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

Think some people need to calm down, calm down, (pun intended !!) a bit. I don''t have any particular liking for Liverpool but every football club has the odd racist fan. I know people are linking this incident with Liverpool''s defence of Suarez but that''s pretty irrelevant. Our club makes every effort to kick racism out and yet we will still have some racist fans amongst our crowd.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s irrelevant at all, I think it''s completely relevant.  When you defend a player who admits to calling another player "negro" seven or eight times, send your first team out in "Suarez" T-shirts and stand behind him, even contesting the FA decision re: eight match ban, you are sending a message to your own supporters that actually you don''t see using racial language as a problem.  In that context, a couple of pissed-up morons in Row A are going to have slightly looser tongues than they otherwise might.[/quote]

It''s not enough of a message to change people''s long-held views. A racist football supporter will not have his/her opinions changed by actions or words from his club - it takes much more than that or you would find some clubs with absolutely no racist supporters at all, and frankly I don''t believe such a club exists.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

They might not have their views changed, but they might be less likely to use racist language inside the stadium.

Mr.Chops wrote:  "They might not have their views changed, but they might be less likely to use racist language inside the stadium"

You are spot on Mr.C.   This is the point.   It''s about sending out the right messages - something Liverpool have dismally failed to do. 

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

I don''t think it''s irrelevant at all, I think it''s completely relevant.  When you defend a player who admits to calling another player "negro" seven or eight times, send your first team out in "Suarez" T-shirts and stand behind him, even contesting the FA decision re: eight match ban, you are sending a message to your own supporters that actually you don''t see using racial language as a problem.  In that context, a couple of pissed-up morons in Row A are going to have slightly looser tongues than they otherwise might.

[/quote]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

They might not have their views changed, but they might be less likely to use racist language inside the stadium.

[/quote]

I''d have to disagree Mr Chops, these people''s beliefs are so ingrained that nothing will stop them spouting off in grounds other than for them to be banned - which obviously we hope they are.

Mark .Y.

Liverpool fans can say what they want but why did they boo young Adeyemi and then start singing about Saurez.

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

I''d have to disagree Mr Chops, these people''s beliefs are so ingrained that nothing will stop them spouting off in grounds other than for them to be banned - which obviously we hope they are.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

So what action are you proposing? Lethal injection? The minimum action acceptable from LFC is a lifetime ban for the perpetrators.

There doesn''t seem to be any reference to it on their offical website which is a big mistake IMHO. Their forum in general seems to be reasonable though. A few tw*ts, but a lot of comments along the line of this one:

"I sincerly hope nothing bad was said, but

could this be an opportunity for the club? Deal with the perpatrator in

the correct manner to show the world how seriously we do take racism."

"

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

So what action are you proposing? Lethal injection? The minimum action acceptable from LFC is a lifetime ban for the perpetrators.

There doesn''t seem to be any reference to it on their offical website which is a big mistake IMHO. Their forum in general seems to be reasonable though. A few tw*ts, but a lot of comments along the line of this one:

"I sincerly hope nothing bad was said, but could this be an opportunity for the club? Deal with the perpatrator in the correct manner to show the world how seriously we do take racism."

"

[/quote]

I have no time for Liverpool or its fans, and  I think the FA should ban Them from the FA cup and any other domestic cup for 3 years, Remember what their fans did for our chances of  Europian  football, make them pay heavy. 

[quote user="Beauseant"]

While every club will have idiots among their support (witness the Terry chants at QPR from some of ours on Monday) the key is how the club responds to them. As other posters have said, Liverpool have handled the Suarez issue appallingly and there has still been no proper apology from club or player. This incident gives them the chance to regain a little of the respect that they have undoubtedly lost, but only if they clearly and unequivocally condemn this incident and take firm action against the perpetrators. Wheeling out supporters to confirm that Tom misheard "Manc" as "black" will simply continue their journey towards pariah status.

[/quote]That''s totally the way I see it as well. Liverpool FC''s response to the situation has been utterly appalling and it''s come back to bite them. The FA need to throw the entire library at the dirty Scousers, let alone the book.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

"I sincerly hope nothing bad was said, but could this be an opportunity for the club? Deal with the perpatrator in the correct manner to show the world how seriously we do take racism."

"

[/quote]

I don''t know where the lethal injection comment comes from, no, lifetime ban is the correct answer. Will not cure them of their racism but will keep it away from football. Need to leave LFC to deal with it and if they do not do so correctly then tear into them, pretty much what PL is thinking from his comments.

Mark .Y.