Sign in to follow this  
JF

Goals here.

www.goal.mu/201110/england/video-norwich-city-v-blackburn-rovers-29-oct-2011.html

Looking at the penalty incident, I don''t know what Kean and Blackburn are complaining about, it''s a penalty for me. There''s no push whatsoever by Holt and Morison on Nzonzi and your always asking for trouble when you put your arms out and the ball hits you. Worst desicion you''ve ever seen Merson? I''m actually laughing at that comment now. As for Morison''s goal, pure quality.

[quote user="CityLegends04"]Looking at the penalty incident, I don''t know what Kean and Blackburn are complaining about, it''s a penalty for me. There''s no push whatsoever by Holt and Morison on Nzonzi and your always asking for trouble when you put your arms out and the ball hits you. Worst desicion you''ve ever seen Merson? I''m actually laughing at that comment now. As for Morison''s goal, pure quality.
[/quote]

Is this a wind up ? I should look again and then also listen to the guys who claim to have looked at it at every angle and are still mistified. Not that I am complaining but lets give a fair balanced assessment 

[quote user="CityLegends04"]Looking at the penalty incident, I don''t know what Kean and Blackburn are complaining about, it''s a penalty for me. There''s no push whatsoever by Holt and Morison on Nzonzi and your always asking for trouble when you put your arms out and the ball hits you. Worst desicion you''ve ever seen Merson? I''m actually laughing at that comment now. As for Morison''s goal, pure quality.
[/quote]

Its never a peno. If that had been giving against us there would be chaos on here!

Arms out and ball bounces away from the top of his left arm. That is 100% a pen folks- and no i wouldn`t be moaning if it`d been given against us. Learn the rules.

From a Balckburn perspective its unlucky, from our prespective its lucky! He didnt look as though he knew where the ball was and bet he is kicking himself for trying to appeal for a free kick which clearly didnt work in his favour!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Arms out and ball bounces away from the top of his left arm. That is 100% a pen folks- and no i wouldn`t be moaning if it`d been given against us. Learn the rules.[/quote] ...........just read the law on handball. law 12 states that a direct free kick/penalty shall be awarded for deliberate handling of the ball. so it seems mr carrow needs to "learn the rules"

Star- very few penalty area handballs are intentional. The usual rule of thumb is if the arm moves towards the ball it`s a pen. Refs have to be quite harsh on handballs or intentional ones would become far more frequent. If Nzonzi`s arms had stayed by his sides he would probably have got away with it. I`ve actually had a very similar one given against me when playing and frankly couldn`t complain. Arm to ball- it was a pen.

Simple fact of the matter is that the Blackburn player shouldn''t be appealing with his arms in the air when the ball is anywhere near him. He should be getting on with his job of clearing it and keeping his team in the lead.

N''Zonzi has no one to blame but himself.

Anybody thinking that should have been a penalty needs their heads testing!

Ball to hand??? The kid wasnt even looking at the ball.

Had that have been against City, there would be uproar on here!

It doesn`t matter where he was looking. If refs didn`t give those as handball, walls defending freekicks would jump with their arms up and claim it wasn`t deliberate if it hits their arm. I play as a defender and the first thing you learn is to keep your arms by your side. It was 100% a pen.

Instead of putting his arms in the air, he should have kept them by his side and cleared the ball, it''s always a risk when you do put your arms in the air and the ball hits you, it''s harsh but Nzonzi has only got himself to blame, seem to remember a similar one given against us at Reading when Fotheringham was pushed in the back and he went over with his arms flapping and the ball made contact with his arm. Didn''t have any complaints that day. And my head doesn''t need testing, it''s my own opinion.