Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

I Wonder!!

One of the many, many depressing things about the Premier League. This is first game where the opposition "fans" will suddenly appear all over the ground. By fans, I obviously means the ones who have never been anywhere near Highbury or the Emirates but love to watch "their team" in the McChampions League and a mate from work got them a ticket. The club should rigidly enforce the home fans only rule on the whole ground except for the designated away section. If anyone has red and white colours, the stewards/police should hoof them out and that includes little kiddiewinks - it will serve them right for not being brought up to support their local team.Mungo

[quote user="peter2704"]Why do people get hung up on where fans come from? Surely, the more the better for all sides??[/quote]

It''s not great for NCFC if loads of the Norfolk population are opting to support London Clubs over The Canaries. That said, there are often going to be genuine reasons for that (e.g. family ties, born in London but moved to Norfolk; that sort of thing) on top of the glory boys who support bigger teams who provide more gloating opportunities (which I suspect is what Zema is getting at).

Fair enough I guess. And also, I agree on the point that these fans should not be allowed into the home areas. Not only is it wrong, but it only causes issues during the game!

I absolutely agree with this Mungo.

I''m not so sure the club realise there is a potential big risk allowing anyone with Arsenal colours (or any of the so called bigger clubs) into home areas. More so when the ones with a big mouth start spouting.

We may have a reputation as a friendly family club but yellas don''t like intruders into our homes looking for trouble!!

tbf all arsenal away games are done on loyalty points so you only stand a chance of getting tickets if youre a season ticket holder and been to a fair few away games.

Bethnal - yes, there were plenty of the yel''army in the home sections for the 5-0 revenge-a-thon BUT the stewards and plod happily threw out anyone who didn''t sit on their hands. We should do exactly the same. We''ve got their money for the ticket - if they turn up with red and white colours, refuse entry and resell the seat. Make a peep during the game, lob ''em out!Mungo

I''m pretty sure there will be a large number of Arsenal fans from North London. Just walked past Morrisons and they were unloading extra supplies of organic Fairtrade hummus [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''m pretty sure there will be a large number of Arsenal fans from North London. Just walked past Morrisons and they were unloading extra supplies of organic Fairtrade hummus [;)][/quote]

I did''nt think their were any true londoners in North/East/West/South London left!!

I sat in a home section of the crowd of Chelsea v Norwich, and many times in home areas of Reading, Southampton and once at Brentford. Assuming you''re not in the hard core area of the ground in away teams colours i have never had a problem. always chatted to the people next to me or anyone who started a conversation with me about the game. Cheered when norwich scored (not very often in the away games i saw!) I''m usually with a fan of the home team which is how i got the tickets.

Shouldn''t really ever be a problem unless you''re a pr1ck. And if you are, you will be out or hurt. One or the other!

Don''t most Londoners live in Thetford now ? It will only get worse when they dual the last piece of the A11. Instead of dualling , they should put in a gate with passport control. First question should be " whats a bishy barny bee ? " if you don''t know the answer you don''t get in.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Don''t most Londoners live in Thetford now ? It will only get worse when they dual the last piece of the A11. Instead of dualling , they should put in a gate with passport control. First question should be " whats a bishy barny bee ? " if you don''t know the answer you don''t get in.[/quote]

Thetford was once a small little ole Norfolk Town, until the Local Council took most of the reject Londoners to help re-build the factories!! Bit like walking through any Norfolk/Suffolk City/Town/Village, mostly occupied by Londoners

With the majority of seats being taken by season ticket holders and the rest by super members the club should easily be able to trace where away fans in the home sections have got their tickets from, I would hope the club would then cancel the said season ticket holder/super members account with the club.

I know for a fact that Norwich fans are being offered a fair bit of money for the use of their season tickets for the Arsenal game, a mate of mine has been offered £500 for the use of his and his sons tickets in the Upper Barclay by a Gooner he works with, I believe the second word was off.