Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Should we have gone back for Mackail-Smith?

Looked very dangerous tonight against Leeds. Do you think he would have been a better option than Morison or Vaughan?

He would offer us more ''legs'' than any of the strikers we have currently.

[:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(]

no. his workrate is second to none but not technically good enough compared to our other strikers. end of topic

Whilst watching the Brighton Leeds game tonight I was actually thinking thank god we didn''t sign him!  Apart from two good finishes he done little to impress me.  He''s like a poor man''s Grant Holt and we don''t need one of them at the moment.

Sorry but I watched the game and was also thinking wish we had signed him, could see him doing a great job upfront with Holt or Morrison

Well, it''s not just mixed opinions on this forum. Apparently, according to the commentator pre-match, based upon performances many Brighton fans have been questioning the decision for their club to acquire CMS. In today''s match it was really a game of two halves. In the first half CMS, although full of running, resembled a chicken with its head cut off. Chasing back and forth between players and even running hard at the goalkeeper from twenty or thirty yards out when it was clear the ball was into the possession of the goalkeeper. In the second half, apart from the goals, he was better at holding the ball up and making some things happen.

Of course, we don''t see him all his matches but, if the Brighton fans were so quick to become disillusioned, it must be noted that this is measuring his performance against Championship teams and when he is getting regular starts. I''m sure, with more Championship experience and good coaching he will  learn how best to utilise his energy so he can be more consistent. The Premiership may have been a step up too soon for him ( despite the fact he is not a youngster ). I''ve seen him play three times and, I have to say, if I were comparing his ability to Grant Holt in holding the ball up ( which would be a more demanding requirement in the higher division ) then Holty takes the honours hands down.

his first goal was incredible , if it was messi or ronaldo who did that , people would have been raving !!!!! definately should have bought him .

lowut?

We could have signed him though. Did we make the wrong decision? Not sure I''ve seen anything in Morison so far to prove me wrong.

It will be impossibly to judge if we should have signed him becuase a comparrison cant easily be made against him and our premier strikers. However I am happy with the strikers we have at present - we havent seen them at their best yet...

I was under the impression that we signed Vaughan in preference to CMS, but whatever, him scoring a in the Champs is no guide as to whether we should have bought him. I''m certainly happy enough with what we have.

Lamberts first choice was always Morrison, what alot of people forgett is that that was the case last January too its just Millwall didnt go public like Fry did. Would he have done a good job.. who knows? Would Snoddgrass have done a good job, would McNamme have set the premire league alight? Really no point playing the what if game, we''ve got what we''ve got and we have been playing well and won our first match so personally im just focused on who we have on the books.