Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Parma

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ve been saying it for months and i''ll say it again - Martin C is going to make the step up with ease. He feels it''s where he belongs, which is arrogant, but I fully expect him to prove it.[/quote]

I''m happy with that prediction[Y]

One thing i will say about Simeon.Do not give him time to think!! One touch-back of the net.Time to think-Row C,someones face!

I agree with Herman to a point.

I think Simeon has improved and I was never trying to say that he is rubbish or not up to it.

I just felt that on that performance C.Martin had far more impact on play than he did, and he was on the pitch for a shorter length of time.

I think some of it may also be confidence but also just that he lacks the strength to really hold off players sometimes.

Martin is a clever player, he is happy to play with his back to goal, or to be attacking a defence. He is happy with the ball in front of the defence or by making clever runs to get in behind the defence. He is also capable of providing the balls for others to do the same.

Oh, one question I want to ask Ricardo - if you had to pick one of Bennett of Pilkington to start on the opening day which would you take?

I was thinking this myself after the game because both can deliver a good cross, have pace and skill. Pilkington perhaps isn''t quite as fast but has two good feet, height and strength advantages.

Excellent report, Ricardos...

Some points I''d like to follow up on.

Chris Martin was outstanding when he came on, gave the Parma defence something else to think about, and his touch and vision was matched only by his improved physical presence.

Fox was my personal MOM, I don''t think a single pass of his went astray, and each and every single one kept things moving or set up an attack.  He oozes class and I''m fairly confident that come Saturday night Hansen et al will be remarking on his ''Manchester United Pedigree'' and purring over his passing.

Despite it being a friendly, a few of the morons were out in force.  One chap behind me in particular found time, after a goal and an assist, to remark that Holt was ''looking fat''.

The excitement for Saturday is now building nicely!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Despite it being a friendly, a few of the morons were out in force.  One chap behind me in particular found time, after a goal and an assist, to remark that Holt was ''looking fat''.

[/quote]

There were some crackers in the crowd on Saturday. One old boy near me spent most of the first half reading the Daily Mail, while two sages behind me were discussing how Kyle Naughton was a carbon copy of Paul McGrath. Difficult to disagree that our lightning fast, super fit fullback is the spitting image of a carthorse centre half with dodgy knees and a drink problem.....

I thought CMart looked pretty ripped last season before he got injured. He has real strength and presence that a lot of people don''t consider a particular strength. If people are saying that he looks even stronger now, then there is no doubt in my mind that he has a great chance of holding down the number 2 striker berth. Or even number 1.