Sign in to follow this  
Al Yellow

The Darkness are with us!

Now is the time to believe! The saviours of Rock n Roll and the silver cat suit business have put their backing behind the Canaries promotion bid. Reported in Tuesdays Metro (nasty free daily paper found on the tube) that the Darkness plan to record a song for Nortwich City FC.

Has anyone else heard any more about this?

That would be fantastic.
Seeing as The Binmen have that crappy boy band (with guitars) Busted
on their side.
How good would it be if The Darkness played at Carrow Rd?

Inside rumours say that there will be a Darkness gig at Carrow Road. If all goes to plan, it will go ahead at close of season before they start work on the new pitch! The only thing that has to be finalised is money. Wouldn''t it be great....while we''re singing; "I believe in a thing called HUCKS!" Elton will be singing; "PLEASE! Someone save my life tonight" at portman road

Ummmmm...Which would you rather?!?

This is Brilliant. When the best Band at the Brits want to sing a song for us, then life doesn''t get much better!!! Darkness (NCFC) Vs Busted (ITFC) - only one winner there I think.

This is what is written on page 9 of todays Metro:

"Brit favourites The Darkness want to make a record for their favourite team Norwich City. Singer Justin Hawkins said "It''s a question of finding time, but it''s something we will definately do"".

Can you imagine a Darkness version of "Who''d have thought those Country boys...."?!

i believe in a club called norwich
there''s a chance we could make it now
going into the premiership and make man united died
i believe in club called norrwicch
ohoohhoohohoh

Surely if The Darkness do a City song, it has to be.......

Get Your Hands Off Our Title Mutha F..... (you know the rest)

With dedications to Meggy, Colin, Ronnie More and that Joe bloke from Portaloo.

I appreciate the appeal of the Darkness but i think this whole rock revival thing will disappear as fast as it has taken off. The trouble with things like them is that they become staid and dated as fast as they become cool and funky. Making a record for a football club will only precipitate this unless it''s REALLY good and not just a gimmick. I like Nagus'' suggestion - it''ll have to be something like that!