Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

New seats in front of the Barclay - ruining the view

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Oh dear, norfolkbroadslim, you''ve really got a bee in your bonnet about this fat thing... have we touched knees in the past?[/quote]LOL!  Hopefully not in the loo though.

Apparently there are concerns over the seats proposed for the Barclay as the seats are going to be too low for a good view. Hopefully the club will build a new tier on the City Stand instead of knocking it down.

Canaryfan25 look further down the page at a thread started by Whistleblower covering exactly the same subject.

I''m sure any new rows at the front of the Barclay will be at a similar level to the new ones put in front of the River End stand last summer!

How many complaints have their been about these new front rows in the River End?

Can anyone whos sat in these new rows give us an opinion on the views?

The City stand was built in the mid 80''s and was a smart stand with mod cons which was reflected in it being the most expensive of the ground!

Nowadays its still a more than decent stand but its now unjustifiable to charge more than other stands cause the facilities in the Barclay end in my opinion are better and less cramped than those in the City stand!

Therefore when the time comes to increase capacity and the City stand is the area of the ground chosen to do so, it will be be more effective to knock it down and build a much bigger version with better facilities!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Fat people ruin the view wherever in the ground they sit.[/quote]

How do they ruin the view? Are you so short you have to peer round people instead of looking over their heads like normal people?

Norwich City Football Club to investigate fattist remarks made on Pink Un web site, when asked to explain his remarks the protagonist could only "blubber".

It depends on what part of the Barclay you are in YB, I''m in the snakepit and from where I am it looks as if at least half the Lower Barclay sit for the majority of the game.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Norwich City Football Club to investigate fattist remarks made on Pink Un web site, when asked to explain his remarks the protagonist could only "blubber".[/quote]I''ll get your coat. [:P]

We sat in the second row of the N&P for one match last season, and the view was poor for me as I am short, 5ft 1. My eyes were level with the pitch and I didn''t like it! A child in front of me in the front row had to sit on his mum''s lap to see anything at all. If you are tall you''d probably be OK.

The front row is the place to be, yeah baby! Moved from City Stand Row A to the all new Row 1 last summer. Bit less leg room, but even closer to the lino for a bit of constructive criticism/help with those oh-so-tricky offside decisions. Plus get to hear PL''s in-match instructions to the players - no idea what he''s saying (not sure they do either).