Sign in to follow this  
The Young One

Rumour re Lansbury and Brighton

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/arsenal-starlet-linked-with-permanent-summer-exit

Would hope we would be a better option for Lansbury if Arsenal do decide to sell.

[quote user="The Young One"]http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/arsenal-starlet-linked-with-permanent-summer-exit

Would hope we would be a better option for Lansbury if Arsenal do decide to sell.
[/quote]

LOL @ that knobhead in the comments section who thinks Lansbury would prefer them over us just because of their new stadium. If he is going to leave on a permanent deal it isn''t going to be to a Championship club.

Yeah, Brighton fans are a bit obsessed with their new stadium (not that they shouldn''t be after the joke that was their previous place). I recall lots of thier fans mentioning that Elliot Bennett wouldn''t want to leave because they have a new stadium.

If we get Johnson/Bennett would there be any place for HL except perhaps on bench with Dani perhaps?

Their new stadium does look bloody good I have to say & I''m due a guided tour of it by the end of the month so will know more, but, in all honesty, I can''t see players putting playing in a "nice new stadium" above the level of football they can play, and, lets be honest, the amount of money they can get for doing so!

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Brighton would be a good bet for Lansbury I think. He wasn''t a regular starter for us last year, and to be quite honest I found him a bit lazy at times![/quote]

He was a good impact player for us and handy to have on the bench for something different. He has at least one of the three key skills that are especially required for the step up to the PL (speed, physical strength and ability to unlock defences), plus let''s not forget he is still young and will develop considerably from where he is now. After all look at the difference in teh Jack Wilshere who played for Bolton last year and the England international this year.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Brighton would be a good bet for Lansbury I think. He wasn''t a regular starter for us last year, and to be quite honest I found him a bit lazy at times![/quote]

He was a good impact player for us and handy to have on the bench for something different. He has at least one of the three key skills that are especially required for the step up to the PL (speed, physical strength and ability to unlock defences), plus let''s not forget he is still young and will develop considerably from where he is now. After all look at the difference in teh Jack Wilshere who played for Bolton last year and the England international this year.

[/quote]

Yeah, that''s very true. I see him more of an impact player for us and like you say, he is still young. We does have bags of potential. The key for him is his ambition to succeed and not fall into the trap of feeling like you''ve already made (if you know what I mean)

Lansbury''s an excellent player with a great future in the game. He''d be a brilliant rotational player and impact sub for us in the Prem. He changed quite a few games for us after coming on as a sub. Would be pissed if he left on a perm and we weren''t in for him. He''s only going to go up in value.

Came on for the U-21''s last night. In his twenty minutes on the pitch he was amongst England''s best players. Storng, quick, determined always had with his head up trying to play that killer pass. He was a player that England severly needed last night and I''m suprised Stuart Pearce didn''t play him from the start. I''d have Lansbury back at Norwich in a heartbeat.

[quote user="Gareth"]Came on for the U-21''s last night. In his twenty minutes on the pitch he was amongst England''s best players. Storng, quick, determined always had his head up trying to play that killer pass. He was a player that England severly needed last night and I''m suprised Stuart Pearce didn''t play him from the start. I''d have Lansbury back at Norwich in a heartbeat.[/quote]

He was more than lazy at times, he is no where near as good as bentley was

[quote user="Gareth"]Came on for the U-21''s last night. In his twenty minutes on the pitch he was amongst England''s best players. Storng, quick, determined always had with his head up trying to play that killer pass. He was a player that England severly needed last night and I''m suprised Stuart Pearce didn''t play him from the start. I''d have Lansbury back at Norwich in a heartbeat.
[/quote]

Yeah, for some reason he stuck by Michael Mancienne despite his woeful performance against Spain - Pearce seems to try to accomodate him in the team even though there are better players available.

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="Yellow Submarine"]Brighton would be a good bet for Lansbury I think. He wasn''t a regular starter for us last year, and to be quite honest I found him a bit lazy at times![/quote]

He was more than lazy at times, he is no where near as good as bentley was[/quote]

Sorry but have to strongly disagree with this.

What some of you guys have to realise is that young players can be great, but what they tend to struggle for is consistency. That often comes with age. So they have to be managed more closely than a seasoned pro who should know how to get themselves prepared for games so that their minimum performance levels are good enough.

Lansbury had some outstanding games for us, both starting and off the bench. Yes he had some indifferent games, but you are talking about a 20 year old chap who hasn''t played a full season at one place to establish himself within a team under the management of one person.

What he does bring to a team no matter upon whether his performance is 5/10 or 10/10 is tempo. He looks to pass the ball and to keep it. Some of the passing movements he made with Hoolahan and Surman were sublime.

And more often than not he showed glimpses of genuine premiership if not international class.

Ofcourse if you want non stop running you need an Andy Hughes, or perhaps Paula Radcliffe?

Yep I agree with that as well.I do think he would be a terrific addition to our side, but I also feel he may have his sights a little higher and Arsenal do not need to sell.