Sign in to follow this  
natncfc

Lets discuss CMS vs Shane Long

Some very interesting points on this thread. I have seen very little of CMS really, apart from the occasional highlight on the FLS. I have to say it would be Long for me everytime. You just can''t ignore the fact he is top goal scorer in the championship.CMS would be a gamble and Long wouldn''t, I think it is as easy as that.

[quote user="anonamoose"]Some very interesting points on this thread. I have seen very little of CMS really, apart from the occasional highlight on the FLS. I have to say it would be Long for me everytime. You just can''t ignore the fact he is top goal scorer in the championship.

CMS would be a gamble and Long wouldn''t, I think it is as easy as that.
[/quote]

Long would still be a gamble as he hasn''t proven himself in the Premier League, but not as much of a gamble as CMS.

I would be happy to have either one of them at Norwich. But like people have said CMS is the more realistic option.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I don''t really see a contest in this one

Long is 24, compared to CMS, who is 27. I suspect that CMS has peaked, whereas Long will continue to improve.

Long has Premiership experience and has been one of the outstanding Championship strikers this year. CMS was less than impressive in the Championship, although outstanding in League One

Long is not only a lethal finisher, but has the right combination of pace, power and heading ability to lead the line, whereas CMS is a secondary striker.

Long for me, all day and every day!

[/quote]

This^^^

I know this was talked about a lot last summer and ultimately proven wrong but a fair few of us doubted whether Holt would cut it in the Championship and I am having the same doubts again over whether Holt will be as effective in the Premier League and for me if we signed CMS then its like having two Holt''s and you don''t know at all whether they can cut it in the Premier League.  I also think Long is a much better player and would take him very single day of the week over CMS.

However I don''t think we stand much chance of getting Long because as he is quite young I suspect a bigger club could take a punt on him.  If that was the case then CMS wouldn''t be too far down the list of priority for me.

Also, just a quick question, is there any actuall believable rumours going around that we might sign Shane Long or is this just a case of pinkun poster''s dreaming?

Would love either of them to sign , but realistically I can''t see us getting Long. I think he is probably on the radar of clubs with deeper pockets if Reading don''t go up. Very impressed with him against Cardiff.

CMS however is much more likely to sign. I''m going to have a stab and say that we will sign him. If Twitter is anything to go by (puts on tin hat) he has dealt with all of the hype very well indeed, and also has opened up his "locked" tweets to several NCFC supporters, myself included.  I think he could do very well indeed for us in our system.

Of course, if we could sign Long AND CMS......[:P]

[quote user="natncfc"]Me too, reckon he was told to hang on, get us up if you can and then you can go. Fair play to him never chucked his toys out of his pram, just cracked on doing his job. Sign him up, could be signing of the season for me. I think once he gets a taste of playing at grounds like old trafford, he will want more of it.[/quote] i agree, he seems to be a team player which is definitely the lambert requirement, and he puts in a decent shift on the pitch, works very hard and improving all the time.