Sign in to follow this  
anonamoose

Out of contract player summer 2011

List stolen off a Newcastle forum, only includes players under 30. (not sure how accurate it is)

And here''s a shortened version of that list, that only includes those under the age of 30...

Most of these guys we have no chance of signing, but interesting to see who is out of contract and i think we have a shot at one or two of these guys.

Premiership

Aston Villa - Nigel Reo-Coker (26, Midfielder)

Birmingham - Sebastian Larsson (25, Midfielder) James McFadden (27, Forward)

Blackpool -David Vaughan (28, Midfielder)

Bolton -Johan Elmander (29, Forward)

Chelsea -Jose Boswinga (28, Defender)

Newcastle - Kazenga Lua Lia (20, Forward)

West Brom -Marek Cech (28, Defender) Jonas Olsson (28, Defender) Giles Barnes (22, Midfielder)

West Ham Jonathan Spector (25, Defender)

Victor Obinna (23, Forward)

Wolves David Jones (26, Midfielder) Michael Kightley (25, Midfielder)

Other players from Europe of note

Anthony Vanden Borre (23, Right back, right winger, Genk)

Banel Nicolita (26, Winger Steaua Bucharest)

Hamit Altintop (28, Right midfielder, B. Munich)

Mario Santana (29, Right Winger, Fiorentina)

Oscar Wendt (26, Left Back, FC Copenhagen)

Phillipe Mexes (28, Centre defender, Roma)

Piotr Trochowski (26, Attacking midfielder, Hamburg)

Reto Ziegler (25, Left back, Sampdoria)

Sylvain Marveaux (24, Left winger, Rennes)

Taye Taiwo (25, Left back, M****ille)

Thomas Hubschmann (29, Midfielder, Shakhtar Donetsk)

Vicente (29, Left winger, Valencia)

Also a full list of Championship players out of contract here:Much more possibles here.http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218737

Out of the English ones, I would say that only the Wolves pair and the Newcastle player are realistic, I would have Jones and Kightly here in a shot, great players. Reo-Coker is a very outside chance and if he was willing to come here, then I would have him.

Obinna is only on loan at West Ham from Inter Milan and is going to sign for Napoli

Championship Out of contract player summer 11. Burnley

-Wade Elliott

Cardiff -Jay Bothroyd

Coventry - Aron Gunnarsson, Marlon King, Kieren Westwood

Hull - Craig Fagan, Kevin Kilbane

Nottingham Forest - Robert Earnshaw, Guy Moussi

Portsmouth - David Nugent

QPR - Radek Cerny, Heidar Helguson

Reading - Brynjar Gunnarsson

Swansea - Dorus de Vries, Yves Ma-Kalambay, Darren Pratley Angel Rangel

Watford - Don Cowie, Nathan EllingtonThere are a few good potential singins here. Nugent in particular

Wages requirement would surely be too high for Upson? Must be on 40-50K+. Would be great otherwise. Would definitely do a job (although a little slow). Wouldn''t think Lambert would want him though.

Would gladly take Reo-Coker, Upson & Nugent on free transfers. Would give some solid experience down the spine of the team,

Rob Green would also be available on a free - get him back with Ruddy as his number 2 maybe?

Out of this list there are a few interesting ones:

Burnley -Wade Elliott
Cardiff -Jay Bothroyd
Coventry - Aron Gunnarsson, Marlon King, Kieren Westwood
Hull - Craig Fagan, Kevin Kilbane
Nottingham Forest - Robert Earnshaw, Guy Moussi
Portsmouth - David Nugent
QPR - Radek Cerny, Heidar Helguson
Reading - Brynjar Gunnarsson
Swansea - Dorus de Vries, Yves Ma-Kalambay, Darren Pratley Angel Rangel
Watford - Don Cowie, Nathan Ellington

I would think that Westwood, and Gunnarsson have some potential, although Gunnarsson a little too raw perhaps. I would really like to see us have a look at Pratley for definite, I think he could be great, although I would rather see McGugan comes in. Not a fan of Nugent really, not sure that his attitude is really what we need.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I find it quite funny that this forum doesn''t let you write Marseille...[/quote]I presumed that was from some ancient geordie rivalry between them and Marseille from some European game?

[quote user="anonamoose"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I find it quite funny that this forum doesn''t let you write Marseille...[/quote]I presumed that was from some ancient geordie rivalry between them and Marseille from some European game?[/quote]

Seeing as how the four letters censored were ''arse'', I assumed that was the reason.Whatever it is, it is a bit daft, but then again, they''re Geordies.

It''ll never happened but Taye Taiwo would be a fantastic signing just for his stats on Pro Evo. Had many a good game with him a few years ago blasting free kicks in from 40 yards thanks to his shot power 99. Accuracy was pretty terrible mind. Also did a particularly silly long run up to take them.

I''d imagine Nugent is on pretty big wages, not sure he''d be worth it.

Seeing as how the four letters censored were ''arse'', I assumed that was the reason.

Whatever it is, it is a bit daft, but then again, they''re Geordies.

Perhaps it''s a good job Arsenal or Scunthorpe didn''t have any out of contract players then.

I''d see us snap up Darren Pratley in a flash if i could.Kazenga LuaLua would be awesome, but i suspect it''s come to a point where it would be almost impossible to tempt him away from making his move to Brighton. He regularly attended Brighton games after his loan finished, and has said unless he''s granted assured first team football at Newcastle next season, he''ll be playing at the Amex; i should think it''d take a heft sum and a lot of promises to tempt him away from his path.Would however be every bit as sensible a move as Matt Phillips was for Blackpool if it did happenOtherwise, i''d like to see us make an attempt for Kieran Westwood, David Nugent and Jay Bothroyd, and it may be worth giving Guy Moussi, Neil Danns, James McFadden, Michael Kightly and Steve Thompson a look-in.Give Johan Elmander a go as well, just for comic effect if he happened to come.

I''d take Kightly like a shot! also Rangel, Pratley and that would do as starters. Add Bennett and get a quality striker and Ashley Williams from Swansea and we have ourselves a young, hungry team with quality who want to prove themselves in the best league in the world.

Nice.

[quote user="Pboro Canary"]

Would gladly take Reo-Coker, Upson & Nugent on free transfers. Would give some solid experience down the spine of the team,

Rob Green would also be available on a free - get him back with Ruddy as his number 2 maybe?

[/quote]

I''m not sure that Lambert would have Reo-Coker as he has had attitude problems in the past and this may disrupt our current team spirit.

May need players for a different formation, could the diamond work in the Prem?  Will need competent flankers both right and left, Macnamee unlikely too be good enough, possibly Bennett and left sided Surman, Wes, Lappin not speedy enough.  Not sure if any listed fit the bill.  Danny Green seems to be attracting PL attention or was it Vincelot at Dagenham?