Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Portsmouth today

I know we all carried away before Doncaster, but today Portsmouth had only 4 subs and 2 more injuries.

They may well be struggling just as much on 3rd. De Laat and Kitson both went off with injuiries today, pity its wasn''t Nugent who is their biggest threat as well as a grade A scumbag

Their Manager also says they are running on empty due to size of their squad and are looking at their holidays!

What was looking at a tough match due to the crowd noise, rubbish stadium, some decent players may not be at all, though its important not to take it for granted.

This is actually the game I''m most worried about as we lost at home and it''s away now. Hopefully the injuries help us (especially Kitson) but you can''t guarantee anything really as the Donny game proved. They''ll still be up for it (they drew against the Swans today which is a good result really) and we have to go and try to dominate the game. Fingers crossed we''ll have a cushion by then! (i.e Preston do us a favour against Cardiff and we beat Derby)

Before Thursday night, I''d of said that the S cum away would be our hardest game out of the last 4.

I now expect that 5-1 drubbing of a clueless S cum to be much easier than any of our remaining 3 games put together!

Portsmouth will be touh but if we concentrate on doing our best and show a strong desire to win the game, like we have in most other games this season then Pompey will have to play out of their skins to beat us!

To be fair though, we are a different proposition to what we were then.

Also you''ve got to bare in mind we are better away than at home (altho our home form has improved since we lost to pompey). They''d been steadily climbing the table too then so were more confident... 5 points behind us... Now they are 21 points behind us.

I fully expect us to go there and get the points, however I agree it''s the toughest out of the games left and it won''t be easy.

That''s obviously potentially good news, but I think Portsmouth will be a very tough match.

However, it is absolutely imperative everyone focusses on Derby. As far as I''m concerned, for now, that''s the only match we have on our calendar. Nothing less than 3 points will do.

Portsmouth are 23rd (out of 24) on current form (last 8 games).

Won 1, drawn 3, lost 4.

GF 3, GA 11.

Can''t see them being a problem given our away form.

They also enjoyed huge slices of luck when they played us at The Rud. The form we''re in at the moment I really don''t care who we play in the next three games; we''ll give anyone in this division a game and a scare

Let''s not forgot that despite them beating us at FCR we bossed that game, Nugent scored against the run of play then we all know what happened with Barnett in the final minutes when we were chasing an equaliser.

We don''t need to fear them (or anyone), we''ve already outplayed them once, we owe them one and their injury problems won''t help them either, but as others have said, let''s concentrate on Derby first.

That''s correct, Holt was suspended for the home game, we started with Martin and Jackson up front.

In a similar style of post and because people keep bringing it up, Derby have only had one days rest after having to play on one of the hottest days of the year... for the last 30 minutes with only 10 men! It was also one of their goal scorers who was sent off. You''ve got to facy them to tire after an a hour or so and start to create the space for Jackson et al to run riot!

Oh dear

What a damm shame

Kitson has a broken rib so probably out for season.

Fingers crossed for a nice Burnley player taking out Nugent and our prospects will look very nice