Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Promotion!

If Cardiff lose and we win! We are up! Cannot believe it! I think Boro have the potential to cause an upset; and even if Cardiff beat them...they still have to face a Burnely side fighting for a play-off place. We have the advantage when it comes to our opponents; we are playing teams who are guarenteed championship football. They will play for pride...we play for glory! OTBC! HUGE GAME MONDAY!

[quote user="The Shack Is Back"]If Cardiff lose and we win! We are up! Cannot believe it! I think Boro have the potential to cause an upset; and even if Cardiff beat them...they still have to face a Burnely side fighting for a play-off place. We have the advantage when it comes to our opponents; we are playing teams who are guarenteed championship football. They will play for pride...we play for glory! OTBC! HUGE GAME MONDAY![/quote]

Unless they beat Leeds on Monday and Forest lose to Scunthorpe then Burnley will not [realistically] be playing for a playoff place. The same if Millwall beat Swansea.

I actually worry more about teams who have nothing to play for, though; you make fewer mistakes when you have nothing to lose. Charlton were already relegated two years ago and gave us a good thrashing when we were the ones with survival at stake, Similarly, Fulham had little incentive (except a rumoured win bonus) on that fateful day in 2005. Unfortunately for us, Portsmoth and Coventry will be the ones with little to play for in our remaining games. I think our team''s mental strength is far better under Lambert than in days gone by, though. I am still hopeful of two consecutive Canary victories.

I just can''t see Cardiff losing at home to ''Boro, even though the scum managed a 2-0 win at Cardiff a while back. Burnley will be a tougher game for them though. I also think we are going to find the Portsmouth game tough - they will be quite confident as they beat us 2-0 at Carrow Road. I''ve also got a horrible feeling that it''s all going to go exactly the way we don''t want it to, I''m just praying that the FA choose to send QPR into the playoffs as that would seal automatic promotion for us, even if we didn''t win the title.