Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Dear oh dear

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

There is this perception that we should be up there and that is wrong. I don’t buy into this nonsense that Norwich should be where they are.

“You have to earn the right whether you are playing Scunthorpe or Swansea or QPR.

[/quote]

Well well well.   Didn''t earn the right tonight did we Saint Paul?  Worrying, deeply worrying.  I sense a long hard winter of relegation dogfights and lower table six-pointers lies in wait while the relegation trapdoor looms beneath our feet like a bottomless chasm to nowhere.

Well done BBB. Looks like you spotted this result coming in April!

Some people crack me up. Bringing up this thread after a carling cup defeat. When was the original post made? Oh yes, when we LOST against swansea. I guess this kind of doom and gloom merchant, fair weather fan is to be expected along with the untold fortunes that lie in the premier league.

Wow, digging up your own thread after 1 bad result to what, demonstrate that you''re some sort of visionary genius among us? That''s just pathetic. Really pathetic.

I don''t understand why people are bothered. It was a training match, as it was last yr and the yr before.

Single minded approach. One goal. To stay in the Premier league. Focus on Chelsea on Saturday and 3 points.

[quote user="Tao of Lambert"]I don''t understand why people are bothered. It was a training match, as it was last yr and the yr before. Single minded approach. One goal. To stay in the Premier league. Focus on Chelsea on Saturday and 3 points.[/quote]

LOL!!!!

[quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

There is this perception that we should be up there and that is wrong. I don’t buy into this nonsense that Norwich should be where they are.

“You have to earn the right whether you are playing Scunthorpe or Swansea or QPR.

[/quote]

Well well well.   Didn''t earn the right tonight did we Saint Paul?  Worrying, deeply worrying.  I sense a long hard winter of relegation dogfights and lower table six-pointers lies in wait while the relegation trapdoor looms beneath our feet like a bottomless chasm to nowhere.

[/quote]

Of course it shouldn''t matter whether we''re playing in front of 13,000 or the world and his wife. Winning football matches breeds confidence to win more. Losing just breeds fear. Back in the days of Watling, South and Chase we regularly went on long mazy cup runs while managing to compete at the top of the first division. It''s only Delia''s little Norwich that have no respect for our great cup fighting traditions and throw in the towel at the first opportunity.

Last time I went to Saint Paul''s I fed the birds.

Tuppence a bag.

I have to agree with BBB & NN here - if you were a ManUre fan and had watched your team being thrashed by one two leagues below at home wouldn''t you ask questions.  Tonight was not good enough, we should have passed our way around the franchise (ffs not even a real team!).  Chelsea next, boy I hope Holt can produce a Strauss like phoenix from the flames moment.  Tonight should never have happened and I am sure McNasty & Lambo won''t let it be repeated.  But really........ I do enjoy a cup run,tonight was  embarassing - just when we had the Scum on the run as well.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"][quote user="Bore Bore Bor"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it shouldn''t matter whether we''re playing in front of 13,000 or the world and his wife. Winning football matches breeds confidence to win more. Losing just breeds fear. Back in the days of Watling, South and Chase we regularly went on long mazy cup runs while managing to compete at the top of the first division. It''s only Delia''s little Norwich that have no respect for our great cup fighting traditions and throw in the towel at the first opportunity.

[/quote]

At the end of the day, football is a results business.  Lambert has to cut out the dead wood, give youth a chance and accept that we have 36 more cup finals between now and the end of the season.