Sign in to follow this  
Somerset Canary

Leicester

Currently 1 - 0 up at home to Bristol City.

If the result stays the same, they are just 4 points of second. I now feel they are real contenders for 2nd maybe even 1st if they carry on the form they are on.

If they are to get play-offs or auto promotion, which of the current top 6 will miss out on the play - offs?

I find it unbelievable that Everton would let Yakubu out on loan, especially when they are struggling for goals!. He may not be as good as Saha but with his frequent injuries is surely a better replacement than the likes of Beckford or Anichebe.

If Leicester do make it to the play-offs or better ,It''ll be in no small part down to this odd decision from David Moyes.

However much of an influence Yakubu may of had on the squad (and yes he is definetly to good for the championship), one player dosn''t make a team. Leicester do have some real quality players e.g. King, Bamba, Naughton who could certainly beat any championship team without Yakubu.

Mind you as i write this, its now 1 - 1, so panic over.

It''s quite an achievement they''ve made since they were bottom and lost their manager when they came to Carrow Rd! Clearly Sven has done a great job and they are serious outside contenders for the play off now!

i disagree, one man CAN make a team in the championship i.e Taarabt, and even Huckerby for us??. Theres no coincidence that Leicesters upturn has happened since they replaced that Sunday league pub player ,Steve Howard with Yakubu

I am not sure one man makes a team. I think a successful team in this division needs one player to grab the headlines and to maybe outshine the rest of the team. When we went up we had Holt Francis Safri who were all brilliant for us that season as well as the division, they arguably got us promoted. Same with QPR there defence is brilliant, as well as Shaun Derry. Disagree about one man team, just think one player steals the headlines, still takes a very solid team to do the rest.

Back to the original question...

IF Leicester do get a top 6 finish, who of the current six do you think will miss out on the play - offs?

My guess is Leeds. And i do mean GUESS, cos it is so tight at the moment.

Massive game tomorrow it really is , Leicester look pretty unstoppable at the moment , shame we are still waiting on our loan striker arriving to give us a boost.

Leicester are on a very good run and they''ve got some good players but it was only a few days ago that plenty of people were saying Forest are the side to watch out for, infact several people claimed they were nailed on for an automatic spot. However, I doubt there are quite so many people convinced of that now they got done by Scunny.

We have nothing to fear in this league - we''ve played the leaders, taken 4 points off them and done it without conceding a goal. Nobody looks particularly special. The best side we''ve seen at Carrow Road this season is Swansea and we''re above them.

Leicester''s next four fixtures are Cardiff, Coventry, QPR and then us. Let''s see if their run of form is still intact after that...

Taarabt has not made QPR the team they are, they''re a well drilled and organised outfit who don''t concede many goals, Taarabt is just another part of a very good side, interesting to see how he would get on in a different side where he doesn''t have such a strong base to perform from.

[quote user="GJP"]

Leicester are on a very good run and they''ve got some good players but it was only a few days ago that plenty of people were saying Forest are the side to watch out for, infact several people claimed they were nailed on for an automatic spot. However, I doubt there are quite so many people convinced of that now they got done by Scunny.

We have nothing to fear in this league - we''ve played the leaders, taken 4 points off them and done it without conceding a goal. Nobody looks particularly special. The best side we''ve seen at Carrow Road this season is Swansea and we''re above them.

Leicester''s next four fixtures are Cardiff, Coventry, QPR and then us. Let''s see if their run of form is still intact after that...

[/quote]Absolutely - there is no need to worry at all as far as I am concerned. I have my sights set on QPR, not 7th place, and I hope the team do as well!

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]A very interesting run of games.I think that you may need more points than you usually do to either get a place in the play-offs or automatic promotion this season.There will be many twists and turns to come between now and May.