Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Andrew Surman Song

A guy near me tried something to this tune yesterday. What do you think?

To the tune of ''You are my sunshine''...

You are my Surman,

My Andrew Surman,

Your toes are magic,

Just like Zidane,

You''ll never know DREW,

how much we love YOU

While watching our Surman game plan

la la la la la, la la la la la, la la la la la etc....

It''s not 100% original but I think it works. Credit to the Saints fans here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS0gCvLTdio&feature=related

Was struggling with the last line so any improvements welcome!

Far to complex for a Norwich songYou need to be blatently ripping off a song aleady sung in Scotland or Germany or substitute the word Torres for Holt

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]Thanks for the support Morty, although I''m not 100% sure whether there''s a hint of sarcasm there![/quote]I would say somewhere between a hint and a smidgen.[:)]

Oh well, just trying to think of some songs for our current squad as we''ve had such a turnover the last few season a lot of our players don''t have a song.

I think that''s why we get the debate about atmosphere so frequently on here. We have quite a few quiet periods during games as there''s only so many times people are willing to repeat OTBC or Paul Lambert''s Green and Yellow Army.

For the record I quite like the Holt/Torres song Nexus. I don''t think there are many clubs coming up with completely original football songs nowadays.

FFS, what''s wrong with....He missed some games with injury, Surman, SurmanHe''s got a slightly dodgy knee, Surman, SurmanWe hope that he can stay match fit ''Cos Simon Lappin''s fairly sh*tHe''s Andrew Surman, Norwich''s number (insert whatever his number is here, I don''t know what it is and can''t be arsed to look it up)

[quote user="Mister Chops"]FFS, what''s wrong with....He missed some games with injury, Surman, SurmanHe''s got a slightly dodgy knee, Surman, SurmanWe hope that he can stay match fit ''Cos Simon Lappin''s fairly sh*tHe''s Andrew Surman, Norwich''s number (insert whatever his number is here, I don''t know what it is and can''t be arsed to look it up)

[/quote]Lappin is good though! But that is quite a funny song [:P]I''ll give my input;When Surman''s running down the wing, Surman, SurmanWhen Surman''s running down the wing, Surman, SurmanWhen Surman''s running down the wing, you know you''ll hear the Norwich sing''Cos we all know that Surman''s gonna scooooorrrrrrre!la la la la la laaaaaaa.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]What about the old classic, ''Andrew Surman has no song'' Could just sing that for everyone who doesn''t have a song?[/quote]How does NO sound?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]FFS, what''s wrong with....He missed some games with injury, Surman, SurmanHe''s got a slightly dodgy knee, Surman, SurmanWe hope that he can stay match fit ''Cos Simon Lappin''s fairly sh*tHe''s Andrew Surman, Norwich''s number (insert whatever his number is here, I don''t know what it is and can''t be arsed to look it up)

[/quote]I''m afraid the last line doesn''t fit the tune Mr C [;)]

I guess we could just use the old classic...

Surman, Surman, Suman repeat until bored.

To the tune of Eadie, Eadie, Eadie.

Or Iwan, Iwan, Iwan.

Or Leon, Leon, Leon.

Or Greeno, Greeno, Greeno.

Or Deano, Deano, Deano.

Or Earnie, Earnie Earnie.