Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

JBA to Millwall

i can understand him going to get some match fitness, which we may need with possible injuries/suspensions. But i don''t like loaning players to a team in the same league as us,

[quote user="Nolly"]i can understand him going to get some match fitness, which we may need with possible injuries/suspensions. But i don''t like loaning players to a team in the same league as us,[/quote]

I dont either, seems odd to loan him to a club in competition with us.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Nolly"]i can understand him going to get some match fitness, which we may need with possible injuries/suspensions. But i don''t like loaning players to a team in the same league as us,[/quote]

[/quote]

I understand the sentiment, but it''s not like we''ve loaned them a really top class player. he''s an ok player but they could have probably got some one  else even better if they''d been prepared to stump up more cash. Also i always think it''s more of a problem loaning attacking players to opposition, i''d have been more worried had we loaned say Jackson who might go on a goal scoring run for them.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I understand the sentiment, but it''s not like we''ve loaned them a really top class player. he''s an ok player but they could have probably got some one  else even better if they''d been prepared to stump up more cash. Also i always think it''s more of a problem loaning attacking players to opposition, i''d have been more worried had we loaned say Jackson who might go on a goal scoring run for them.

[/quote]

agree, I think it is good business. We have loaned them Lambert''s 5th choice CB. Millwall could have brought in a much better defender than Askou, but this way...they get a defender who isn''t good enough to compete with our other defenders when they are all fit - it isn''t as if we are giving them a quality player, Askou is off the wage bill and he gets championship match fitness and experience which will aid him and us if we get a lot of injuries at the back again

I think he could do well for them. He''s another player who hasn''t played much for us at this level, but may fit in well at Millwall and suit their style of play. Not sure about the Morison link, but surely it would help relations between clubs. Who knows

Why does no-one get it? Strikers go out on loan to score goals, get match fitness and cause havoc for other teams defences COMPETING IN THE SAME LEAGUE.So, to clarify, Askou (a defender) will be denying other competing teams the chance to stick the ball in the goal net. Millwall aren''t good enough to get in the play-offs.

So we insure that Millwall strengthen their defence during their injury crisis in a way that keeps the defence weak when they play us. The alternative being they strengthen temporarily in a way that strengthens their defence when they play us.

And this is a bad idea why?

Not bothered about this at all. I like JBA. Seems like a decent guy and did a job for us when needed last season but i don''t think he''s championship quality. Great in the sir but his positioning isn''t brilliant and he''s really uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. I wouldnt mind if he played against us to be honest as i think Holty, Super Chris and Wes would have some real joy. Having said all that he''s ok as 3 choice back up and if he can get fitter playing games for Millwall then great.

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]This is clever from Lambert. Sending out someone who hasn''t looked good at championship level to a team that''s attempting to get near the play-offs, therefore he will make their defence worse, conceding more goals and getting lower down the table.

Top management. [y]
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking!

[/quote]

You mean Lambert has a cunning plan!  Lol!