Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Morrison + Bennett = Promotion

It also = about £3.5 million. Not going to happen (although I would obviously be delighted to be proven wrong)!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So the fact were 4th without Morrison and Bennett means nothing?[/quote]Not at all GP, but i think we need that little xtra to give us that final push(Hucks+Crouch) when they signed, it lifted the place that little xtra and as u well know gave us that Xtra bit of quality needed to rise above the rest[Y] OTBC  onwards and upwards[Y]

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Getting those two in wouldn''t guarantee anything. If you go with that theory then Man City should have the Prem wrapped up by now. [/quote]Of course it doesnt guarantee it(tut) But having them here would not do us any harm

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Getting those two in wouldn''t guarantee anything. If you go with that theory then Man City should have the Prem wrapped up by now. [/quote]Question for u...go with what we have got??? OR try to bring in a couple of xtra players to TRY get automatic promotion??? Its a no brainer for me

I was going by the title of the thread which is saying that if we bring them in we''ll get promoted. You would gamble £3 million or so to improve our chances, what happens if it doesn''t work ?

If we don''t go up having bought these 2 players?

It would certainly improve our chances, we have got a good squad but adding quality can''t d ono harm.

Plus i''m sure our board won''t put our club in danger!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So the fact were 4th without Morrison and Bennett means nothing?[/quote]

It means we have a top 6 team.

I want a top 2 please!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="marvin the martian"]Getting those two in wouldn''t guarantee anything. If you go with that theory then Man City should have the Prem wrapped up by now. [/quote]Of course it doesnt guarantee it(tut) But having them here would not do us any harm[/quote]It does us harm if the gamble doesn''t pay off.

[quote user="CallsignViper"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="marvin the martian"]Getting those two in wouldn''t guarantee anything. If you go with that theory then Man City should have the Prem wrapped up by now. [/quote]Of course it doesnt guarantee it(tut) But having them here would not do us any harm[/quote]

It does us harm if the gamble doesn''t pay off.
[/quote]

Not if it leaves us with a even better team for next season, rememebr we are a year ahead of the master plan!!

[quote user="DOGGER"]

Promotion = 90m

Let''s make this happen!!

[/quote]

Unfortunately though failure possibly means administration - 25 points our ground and players sold and league 1 football as it will for cardiff if they fail. McNally and Lambert will know exactly where we stand and they certainly aint going to destroy this club. I wouldnt want the gamble myself on these 2 particular unproven players when for this sort of money we could get premiership players already proven in the championship, but then I suspect the prices being quoted on here are way over the mark, probably £400K for Bennett ( a league 1 player ) and £1m for Morrison based on the fact that holt is being classed as the best forward outside prem but valued at £750000 ( the figure quoted everytime Holt is linked to clubs such as Villa ).

Then again in Lambert we trust so if he does spend big bucks I am sure he will get us up.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="DOGGER"]

Promotion = 90m

Let''s make this happen!!

[/quote]

Unfortunately though failure possibly means administration - 25 points our ground and players sold and league 1 football as it will for cardiff if they fail. McNally and Lambert will know exactly where we stand and they certainly aint going to destroy this club. I wouldnt want the gamble myself on these 2 particular unproven players when for this sort of money we could get premiership players already proven in the championship, but then I suspect the prices being quoted on here are way over the mark, probably £400K for Bennett ( a league 1 player ) and £1m for Morrison based on the fact that holt is being classed as the best forward outside prem but valued at £750000 ( the figure quoted everytime Holt is linked to clubs such as Villa ).

Then again in Lambert we trust so if he does spend big bucks I am sure he will get us up.

[/quote]

You are right, it could mean administration, sale of our players, lower league football but do you really think the board will spend a couple of million if this could be the result?

They are not that stupid.[^o)]

I feel it would definitely strengthen our chances, but as someone said above, it doesn''t guarantee promotion.

And I think we can get them both cheaper then 3.5 Million, I dont know where he got them figures from. Morrison 1.5 million Bennett 750k I think they are more realistic prices, and wouldn''t pay much more then that for them.

[quote user="YellowLittle1"]I feel it would definitely strengthen our chances, but as someone said above, it doesn''t guarantee promotion. And I think we can get them both cheaper then 3.5 Million, I dont know where he got them figures from. Morrison 1.5 million Bennett 750k I think they are more realistic prices, and wouldn''t pay much more then that for them.[/quote]

I presume the OP got the figures from Kenny Jacket saying Morrison would not be sold for under 2 million and from the reports that we had a 1 million pound bid rejected for Bennett. Personally, I wouldn''t persue Bennett and would rather that money spend on a decent striker as we now have Lansbury loan extended, Surman nearly back and all other midfielders in good form, even when we had all those injuries - we created lots of chances but failed to finish them more times than not

As I said on an earlier post, there could be a compromise here - 1 permanent signing and 1 loan player similar to the original loan deal for Huckerby. The first could be a younger player like Bennett or someone like him and the second a proven player at both Championship and Prem level. The loan could be an older player to add a new option up front for the 10 weeks left in the season. This could someone currently out of favour with their own manager, like Jason Roberts of Blackburn, for example, who could add pace and goals to improve chances of promotion. If we miss out on that, he could return to his own team at the end of the season having only cost 10 weeks wages or a portion of those. At least we would have a proven player without any great risk to the finances. If we did win promotion, we could then have the option of signing a player already experienced in the Premiership and playing for City.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]I was going by the title of the thread which is saying that if we bring them in we''ll get promoted. You would gamble £3 million or so to improve our chances, what happens if it doesn''t work ?[/quote]OH DEAR!!! what happens if it does???

I think we should have some faith in our board, if they can find up some extra cash to aid us in our push for promotion it would not be at the expense of that if we fail, we are in ruins

[quote user="CallsignViper"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="marvin the martian"]Getting those two in wouldn''t guarantee anything. If you go with that theory then Man City should have the Prem wrapped up by now. [/quote]Of course it doesnt guarantee it(tut) But having them here would not do us any harm[/quote]

It does us harm if the gamble doesn''t pay off.
[/quote]we have sensible people in charge of the club now!!! Im 100% confident they will not put the club at risk...im also sure someone(dont kknow who) has bunged a few quid in!!! Hence we are now talking about signing  £1 mill+ players

[quote user="canary_girl"]I think we should have some faith in our board, if they can find up some extra cash to aid us in our push for promotion it would not be at the expense of that if we fail, we are in ruins[/quote]lol beat me to it CG[Y]

Are these 2 players really THAT good

OR ... is this just a case of being over exciting by the possibility of new faces?

There is no comparison between Morrison/Bennett & Crouch/Hux.

[quote user="Broadstairs Canary"]Are these 2 players really THAT good OR ... is this just a case of being over exciting by the possibility of new faces? There is no comparison between Morrison/Bennett & Crouch/Hux.[/quote]It was an example!!! imho IF we do sign these 2(Morrison+Bennett) we will win Automatic promotion, We may well do it without them, but surely bringing in "xtra help" as PL would put it cant hurt our chances of Auto promotion? I know Hucks and Crouch are completly different[Y]

City till I die, Christ what is it with all these negative vibes!  McNally and the board aren''t stupid and I''m sure they realise what a great chance we have of getting promoted if we can add just that little bit extra.  Who that might be, on a loan or permanent even possibly 2 players I dont know but I am quite happy to leave those particular decisions down to Lambert.  I think some people on here are missing the point/bigger picture and just want to split hairs.  Anyone watch Britains worst neighbours last night, know what I mean?

No personal attack intended CTID - I meant it generally.

Quite a few people are suggesting that we are only a signing or two away from promotion but are these 2 good enough to add that extra special quality?

I think not.

They may add depth but not more ability to what we already have. I would rather the cash went on someone else.

[quote user="Ernie"]City till I die, Christ what is it with all these negative vibes!  McNally and the board aren''t stupid and I''m sure they realise what a great chance we have of getting promoted if we can add just that little bit extra.  Who that might be, on a loan or permanent even possibly 2 players I dont know but I am quite happy to leave those particular decisions down to Lambert.  I think some people on here are missing the point/bigger picture and just want to split hairs.  Anyone watch Britains worst neighbours last night, know what I mean?[/quote]Everyone has an opinion and it is a message board to share their views, Totally agree with you Ernie and as i previously stated, we have some very smart people in charge now and im sure they would not put the club at risk to try and get promotion...They have a plan and NCFC are ahead of that plan which is fantastic news for us all, Spending big is a gamble but m sure this is a very calculated gamble(if we spend the money)and has not been thought of overnight lol. OTBC

Most if not all are asking for the board to show intent and move forward and when they do SOME people question it lol...its a no win for them lol

Well firstly Lambert has said all a long that he wants 3 players in the January transfer window, we have already brought in two so we will not sign both unless Lambert suprises us all but I really doubt he will.

I would like these players though and whilst I don''t think they would clinch automatic promotion I think they will secure our play off position.  I think if we do sign one it will be Morrison because we now have Lansbury untill the end and Surman is coming back from injury.

Exciting times!