Sign in to follow this  
DW

Pull yourselves together.....

What with all the negitivity on here?

Januarys been a fairly good month for the club both on and off the pitch. We''ve learned that Lambert is commited to the cause. We''ve signed decent players to provide compition for places. We have a great team moral as results have shown only losing once in 6 games and to top it off we are 2nd in the league!

Yes, It would have been nice too see somone sign tonight but we all know Lambert likes to do his buisness early in the window. So i didnt expect to see anything.

Everyone seems to be sh*tting themselves over letting Nelson go. Nelson may have wanted out, he is out of contract in the summer and as in PL statement Nelson obvously wanted the best for his family.

Now can everyone put all this cr*p behind them and get behind the lads for the game tomorow!

Anyone panicking, get a bloody grip.

Yes i know form changes over the season, and more often than not 2/3 teams will pick up really good form in the run up and move up the league a few places.

But 28 games in (More than half) we are second. This time last season where were we?

We had a fairly bad time with injuries for a couple of months. And we have moved up the table in the last 5/6 games, with only one goal coming from out strikers. Seriously, there is nothing to worry about.

This whole ''going for it'' business has been completely blown out of proportion, we were already going for it. If we win tomorrow, all in all were on a pretty good run of form. I really don''t understand why anyone can be at all upset.

..actually, it seems most of us are!! :-)

It is a little disappointing that we''ve seem not to have got our last target, but there''s other fish in the sea; who knows there may be better ones who we can get in on loan.

Come on, just take a step back, chill out and actually think about it.Think about where we were less than eighteen months ago.  Were we or were we not a total laughing stock?  Did anybody seriously expect what we have now, after relegation at Charlton, after Colchester, after Brentford?  Personally in August 2009, I thought promotion out of League One was a million miles off, let alone competing at the top of the Championship.I think, considering where we have come from, we have over-achieved so far this year.  It''s worth remembering that a lot of work has been done, and still needs to be done, in sorting this club out financially after the mess that former board members and managers left us in, which is why we''ve got a seven-year plan in place.  We are certainly ahead of schedule so far.Just remember the quality of manager we have now, and the squad that has been put together - we don''t really have many star players, we''ve not spent big in comparison to other clubs because we simply can''t do that as this point.  Yet many many teams in this league would gladly swap places with us, let''s face it.  Not only because of our league position, but because we''ve got solid foundations to build on, and a real, genuine team spirit, something that has been lacking for a number of seasons pre-Lambert.It''s all very well saying we should be signing this player, or that player, or we need to score more goals... we''d all love that.  But at the same time, we shouldn''t be held to ransom and spending daft money, and we also need to be very careful who we sign - it''s about the right characters as well as having talent.  I''m sure Lambert knows this and to potentially compromise the team spirit could prove very problematic.  He knows what he''s doing, he''s seen how brilliantly we''ve performed so far, and rightly has faith in the current group who have proved they belong at this level.  He won''t panic buy like we''ve done in the past.  I''d rather we held fire then just getting someone in for the sake of it, and he has used the loan market extremely well to this point so if he gets the chance to bring in the right man there''s still loads of time in which to do it.So let''s just chill out, reflect on what has been achieved in such a short space of time, and enjoy what is happening at this club.  God knows we''ve stuck with the club throughout some really depressing times, when we had quite a lot to really moan about.  Let''s not let this season pass us by worrying about how much other clubs are spending and what players we supposedly missed out on.  Let''s have a bit of faith in our manager and our players and see where it takes us.  Remember, no defeats in seven league games, one defeat in 14, two losses in 14 away games... this isn''t Norwich-like form is it?  I''m not sure we could ask for too much more at this stage so let''s get a sense of perspective and look forward to what could potentially be achieved in the longer term - for once we are in capable hands.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]..actually, it seems most of us are!! :-) It is a little disappointing that we''ve seem not to have got our last target, but there''s other fish in the sea; who knows there may be better ones who we can get in on loan.[/quote]

I''m afraid there are more than enough numpties who expected some kind of miracles during this transfer window, as you say I am more than happy how this season has gone so far

[quote user="Gingerpele"]A few of us posting very similar things.

:D[/quote]At very similar times too.  In my defence these weren''t here when I started typing!Great minds and all that...

Given the juvenile twaddle posted up I would think that the phrase "Anyone panicking, get a bloody grip" would not necessarily be appropriate, given that most seem to be taking the subject title as their evening activity.

"who knows there may be better ones who we can get in on loan"

err, we can get ANY of those who have not yet signed after Feb 8th. This was the transfer deadline for the Premier League NOT US.

I dont get what some peoples problem is?

Honestly, where did people expect the club in terms of league position at this stage of the season? mid-table at best? whats been achieved so far is beyond what anyone asociated with the club would have thought!

quotes like "play-offs at best" so what? if we finish within the playoffs it would have been one hell off a season....far better than any season for many years. I honestly think we will finish somwhere in the top 6 weather its auto or the more likely play off position, nothing can be taken away from what has been achieved so far!

thats really good of you to write all that out; that must of taken you a long time. wow. that takes perserverance....it really does. i congradulate you, i really do. its nice that you''ve taken the time just like i have taken the the time to write this about how you''ve just added to all the other threads telling us to calm down. well done. still reading? good good. if only there was a medal. jeeze. anyways goodnight everyone

who''s over reacting really? everyone is no doubt disappointed by not brining an extra player because in most (not all) cases extra players mean a stronger squad.

However there is a difference between being disappointed by not signing anyone today and feeling let down by this transfer window - i''m not, Barnett and Wilbrahim for me are both good signings, giving something else to aim for upfront and (IMO) an improvement in the CB position (Barnett>Nelson) (as good as I think Nelson was)

besides, Surman will be back soon...I think ill treat him as a new signing! :P