Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

what those who have been getting their knickers in a twist have forgotten is....

none of our key players have been sold during the transfer window and we have a pretty settled squad going into the 2nd half the season.

+ the loan market will be open soon should we need any further reinforcements.

Let me add my spin on things....we never needed to improve the squad as we have a good enough squad anyway to be where we want to be.

No one can predict what will happen or where we''ll be, so let''s just enjoy the ride and keep the Green flag flying high!

Sounds about right to me young Jez!

We have sold Nelly who had become quite a hero afeter a dodgy start. I wish him well. But don''t forget we signed Barnett as cover for Nelsons injury. When Nelson got fit and Barnett didn''t go back the writing was on the wall. Signing Barnett showed ambition. What would have sending Barnett back and giving Nelly a new deal shown?

Too right.I liken the January transfer window sometimes to the Boxing Day sales. You end up buying things because you can, and its what everyone else is doing. But when you get home and look at what you bought, you realise you didn''t actually need anything you bought.If we need to strengthen the squad in a few weeks time, we have the loan window to do so - without the hype of "Boxing Day" expectations.

Good luck to the Admiral on his move. As Askou was allowed out on loan I would imagine his contract will not be re-newed in the summer which means presumably that PL will be looking for another centre back then. Should be an interesting second half to the season.

Have to add my view on things, think we do need to add to the squad and here''s why.

We haven''t had a NCFC striker score in Jan, with Martin (C) desperately out of form and Holt having to carry the goal expectation.

Also, I have mentioned before that this season will be our best chance as none of last seasons relagated teams from the Premiership are in the running as they are financially suffering. I don''t believe that will be the case for next season espeecially when the 4 years of parachute payments become evident.

I believe we have a good squad but all those around are strengthening and we have to look to keep improving too.You always need to be improving.

Also, if we don''t need to improve the squad why do we need loan players?At least lets make whatever we spend money on actually be an asset for NCFC.

Yet, despite no striker scoring, canaryfan68, we remain undefeated in the league throughout January. I agree it would have been nice to secure another player. But it was never essential. The trick is not to go out and buy, buy, buy when players go through a bad patch; it''s to motivate and reinvigorate. We know Simeon Jackson and Chrissy Martin can score goals at this level. We just need them to get a bit of confidence and start doing it again.

Why go out and buy for the sake of it?

Not losing a key player in the window for me is a big point, imagine how hacked off we would of been and what we would of been saying, if say, holt or hools have been sold for 2/3 mil plus

I do find it interesting that Lambert was really only after 1 winger in the end, it shows confidence in the current squad and their abilities. I wouldnt be surprised however if there are one or two loans now that we know who has and hasnt moved during the transfer window and how new signings affect players at other clubs.

Holt having to carry the goal expectation.

With respect canaryfan68 Holt has scored 1 goal in his last 7 games so good job that is not the case. We are a team not a group of individuals. If you want forwards that work and defend you cant have forwards that score shed loads of goals.

That''s it for me, its a team effort. Can''t remember if I made this point in the original post at the top but is it not the case that because we haven''t spent bucket loads of money within the last week, Lambert still has the transfer budget intact if we were to go looking for another player in the loan window.