Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Who next?

Assuming he goes to Burnley or features in merrygoround when prem jobs appear at bolton for example.

Who do we go for?

Malky Mackay, Mark Robins, Eddie Howe, Andy Scott, Derek Mcinnes, Sean O Driscoll, just for starters

Oh fuck off!!!! Can we stop with all this shit! If and when he goes good luck to the bloke, but can we discuss this IF and WHEN he goes? Rather than making it feel like we are looking to replace him?

My target list would be:

Malky Mackay - we love him, he loves us. Would he leave watford now - I think for us he would do.

Martin O''Neill - maybe unlikley but not impossible. Unfinished business. Don''t see him getting a big prem job any time soon.

Alan Curbishley - really not sure what he''s up to these days!

Roy Hodgson (assuming sacked by Liverpool) - mate of Delias so perhaps not as far fetched as it sounds. Applied for our job previously.

Sean O''Driscoll - as he seems to be the man linked with every other championship vacancy.

How in any way is that naive? Are you an insider for the club who knows for a FACT that Lambert wants to leave? If not then why on earth would we need to discuss his replacement when all we know is that the club said no and Lambert had nothing to add?

This board is full of over-reacters and Hollywood actors!!!

[quote user="Bouncebackability"]How in any way is that naive? Are you an insider for the club who knows for a FACT that Lambert wants to leave? If not then why on earth would we need to discuss his replacement when all we know is that the club said no and Lambert had nothing to add?

This board is full of over-reacters and Hollywood actors!!![/quote]He''s off, get over it[:P]

I would say Roy Hodgson

Its a statement of intent and would show the playing staff we are serious. He also has a good working relationship with McNally from before.

He is a very good manager, Liverpool need a transplant (people forget Torres was crap in the WC) where they loose the mouthy superstars and get new ones.

Unfortunately he wont be given the time.

[quote user="The Å¿hroud of Turin"]Martin O''Neil, we''re in perfect position for him to finish the job.  He said when he left, he was confident he would''ve got us up.
[/quote]

Based on something Delia said to me when we bumped into her in a pub prior to the Brentford game last season i really believe O''Neill is not as unrealistic as some might think, particularly as he is now a free agent.

I will say it again. Lambert will not go to Burnley. He has already stated if he moves on it will be to a bigger club than Norwich.

But there is no money in the transfer pot, he is trying to get the 2 players he wants but the board are being hasty.

Why leave when you have the chance of back to back promotions?

[quote user="Fromage Frais"]I would say Roy Hodgson Its a statement of intent and would show the playing staff we are serious. He also has a good working relationship with McNally from before. He is a very good manager, Liverpool need a transplant (people forget Torres was crap in the WC) where they loose the mouthy superstars and get new ones. Unfortunately he wont be given the time.[/quote]

He is also a personal friend of Delia and MWJ. I''m not sure if that would make him more or less likely to get/apply for the job!

F***ing Harold Steptoe from Liverpool!? Me and my 6 year old boy as assistant could do better! Who gives a t**s about the next manager, some of you seem to be forgetting that at this moment in time we still f***ing have one. Deal with it when/if necessary.

Lambert is not gone yet. If he does there may yet be starnge developments and do not assume that Culverhouse would go with him, given his Norwich association. He is an unsung hero in our success it is not all about Lambert

Not naive, Why hasn''t he come out and said "not interested". By acting like this at a critical time with the transfer window open it will unsettle players especially after last week he came out and said they weren''t going anywhere.

If we are not careful and don''t plan for the eventuality of him going then we will be inundated with offers for the players.

Any delay in appointing a manager could dump us back where we were under Roeder and Gunn with a team full of loan signings. As he will have no time to buy anyone.

There should always be a contingency plan in place.

But he is still our manager and we should get behind him! Contingency plans are not for fans to have, Mcnally and the board will make those decisions, not me, you or anyone else on this forum!

Why discuss a matter which currently has no relevance? HE IS STILL OUR MANAGER AT THE MOMENT!!

Lambert has come out and said that he is happy with the club''s statement. In that statement they refuse Burnley permission to approach him. If he was thinking of going to Burnley he could not be "happy" with that statement. Or so it appears to me.

The Pink Un front page headline could just as easily read "Lambert Happy Not To Talk To Burnley" [:O]

Well said nutty. As we all know Lambert is a man of few words and the pepperami will try and tie you up in knots (just like lawyers) to get the answer they want from you to get them a "headline story". In this case I think saying nothing was the right thing to do.