Sign in to follow this  
burnleyfc1882

Hi guys

So, obviously an interesting last 24 hours or so for our two clubs!I really don''t know what to think with regards to if he is coming or not, his appearance on Sky Sports News when he was getting in his car either told us very little, or lots and lots. He was very non commital, and it could either mean, obviously, that he will be managing his last game for you tomorrow, or that he has signed an extended contract with you.I don''t know what seems more likely at the moment, obviously the key point in my mind is - surely if he was staying with you, either he himself or your board would have made a statement this afternoon/evening after having talks, confirming he was staying putting your minds at ease? Thinking of how quickly they responded to us announcing that we had asked permission to speak, it seems they would have given us the yes/no if it was good news for NCFC. Maybe I am being optimistic there.No doubt all Burnley fans want Lambert to come, he would be a hugely popular choice as the job he has done for you has been excellent. I totally understand why you would feel aggrieved/bewildered if he left you, as we ARE a smaller club (though our catchment area is tiny in comparison to yourselves, we have Man United/City/Liverpool/Everton/Blackburn/Bolton/Wigan all within easy reach, not to mention Preston/Blackpool etc as well) and we are way behind you in the league at the moment. It is fair to say we are very surprised he is, seemingly, interested in the role, and he could definetely be seen as yet another footballing mercenary if he did the dirty on you after doing the same to Colchester. The comparisons with our own ''Judas'' Owen Coyle are so numerous, and there is definetely an air of hypocrisy on the side of some Burnley fans now getting ahead of themselves and seemingly forgetting the terrible pain we felt when Coyle upped sticks in the transfer window in our maiden voyage in the Prem.I just hope whatever happens now works out well for both clubs. Burnley are not a club that look to disrupt/upset other teams, and it is really just poor decision making on the boards behalf that they waited so long in giving Laws the bullet and that we now have to approach the likes of Lambert at a crucial stage of the season. I wish you luck for the rest of the season whatever happens, a lot of your fans have been on Clarets Mad (our main messageboard) over the last few days and came across very well and I hope that you will bare no grudge with Burnley if this does go through.

Check our official website - your chairman is a T**T now F^^K of employ Roy Keane and look forward to the invasion of Yellow and Green on 5thh February. Wewill show you what a real club is, clearly your chairman has tried to destabilise our club and you are going no where    

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2261383,00.html

Have just heard Lambo is staying so hoorah.

My business partner and director is a Burnley fan and we have taken all our staff to Burnley games when they play in this area. We have always had a great time and ur support is superb.

Having said all that, I''m so glad he is staying for he is ''the expected one''

All the best for the rest of the season mate

Burnley FC are a very decent club, always have been. Fans polite, typical lancashire people too. Its been a strange 24 hours for sure and something has gone on, but we may never know. I guess the Feb away game at Turf Moor will have an extra zip now for sure!!! Good luck to yourselves.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

Check our official website - your chairman is a T**T now F^^K of employ Roy Keane and look forward to the invasion of Yellow and Green on 5thh February. Wewill show you what a real club is, clearly your chairman has tried to destabilise our club and you are going no where    

[/quote]Apologies OP, we arent all like the poster above.Looks like he is staying for now. You guys were unlucky with Coyle, hes a hell of a manager. Im sure you will pick up a decent boss to come in.

Thanks for the balanced post.LiK - no need to take it out on him. He came on here presenting a balanced opinion and you go and swear at him like that. I know it''s Burnley''s board that have created this situation - though NCFC have not helped by remaining quiet for so long - so why take it out on a reasonable Burnley fan?

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

You''re obviously another outstanding ex-pupil of The Alastair Campbell Charm School then ?