Sign in to follow this  
ca

Moving forward to Derby County game

[quote user="bjg123"]I''d suggest playing 4-5-1, as much as it pains me to leave Chris out of my preferred team after what I thought was a very solid performance Sunday.

Ruddy

Martin Ward Barnett Lappin

Crofts

Lansbury Smith Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

There''s serious creativity and goals in that team I''m sure. Jackson and Martin on the bench if we''re chasing a goal too.[/quote]You mean this?:                                RuddyR.Martin         Ward           Barnett        Drury/Lappin K.Smith(RM)        Crofts(CM)          Surman (LM)                           Lansbury(CAM)       Hoolahan(CAM)                                                         Holt (ST)

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Guys the snow up this way and in the east midlands is terible! road conditions are awfull, I really dont hink this game will be on. And even if it is i would seriously think twice about going. Im definately giving it a miss. Ive never seen snow like it before in this country![/quote]I think the conditions vary considerably even in fairly local areas. I was talking to someone in Chesterfield earlier and they have about a foot and a half of snow - thirty miles further south we''ve got more like three inches and all the main roads are clear. I was in Birmingham yesterday and there was hardly any.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Guys the snow up this way and in the east midlands is terible! road conditions are awfull, I really dont hink this game will be on. And even if it is i would seriously think twice about going. Im definately giving it a miss. Ive never seen snow like it before in this country![/quote]

I think the conditions vary considerably even in fairly local areas. I was talking to someone in Chesterfield earlier and they have about a foot and a half of snow - thirty miles further south we''ve got more like three inches and all the main roads are clear. I was in Birmingham yesterday and there was hardly any.
[/quote]

Hope they make a decision tomorrow  as some of us were going up for a couple of days and staying overnight.

Forecast for Derby tonorrow is plenty of sunshine according to this http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLA_en-GBGB302GB302&q=derby+weather but who knows?

I gather Derby are still saying today they think it will go ahead unless there is more snow tomorrow, which isn''t forcast.

I thought clubs took accessibility into account too - even if the pitch is OK, they won''t play if no-one is going to turn up because the roads are all closed?

The Met Office forcast for the Derby area doesn''t look too bad on Saturday, but it is only a forecast:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/em/derby_forecast_weather.html

As for the line-up, I agree with Yankee and Adam  that Korey Smith could mark Commons throughout (Crofts is too important in shielding the defence, IMO). For me it would be Fox standing down, so that Smith could add steel and pace to match Commons. I see Wes on the bench again, but coming on as an impact sub. Be interesting if the match does go ahead!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought clubs took accessibility into account too - even if the pitch is OK, they won''t play if no-one is going to turn up because the roads are all closed?
[/quote]

As I said in my earlier comment on this thread there is no problem getting to Pride Park - its an industrial estate with plenty of dual carriageway links, close to major motorways, within a short walking distance of the railway station.  Hop on a train!  The only issue will be more snow and as others have said that''s set fair from tomorrow.  Just hope the lads are up for it - no snoods, tights or gloves please!

COYY

[quote user="shefcanary"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought clubs took accessibility into account too - even if the pitch is OK, they won''t play if no-one is going to turn up because the roads are all closed?
[/quote]

As I said in my earlier comment on this thread there is no problem getting to Pride Park - its an industrial estate with plenty of dual carriageway links, close to major motorways, within a short walking distance of the railway station.  Hop on a train!  The only issue will be more snow and as others have said that''s set fair from tomorrow.  Just hope the lads are up for it - no snoods, tights or gloves please!

COYY

[/quote]

Thanks for the update.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="bjg123"]I''d suggest playing 4-5-1, as much as it pains me to leave Chris out of my preferred team after what I thought was a very solid performance Sunday.

Ruddy

Martin Ward Barnett Lappin

Crofts

Lansbury Smith Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

There''s serious creativity and goals in that team I''m sure. Jackson and Martin on the bench if we''re chasing a goal too.[/quote]You mean this?:                                RuddyR.Martin         Ward           Barnett        Drury/Lappin K.Smith(RM)        Crofts(CM)          Surman (LM)                           Lansbury(CAM)       Hoolahan(CAM)                                                         Holt (ST)[/quote]

That''s the more attacking line-up. When we want to over-run their midfield and defend a lead I''d drop Korey to the centre, have Crofts lie very deep and move Lansbury to the right

No Surman now so guess it''ll be the diamond formation tomorrow??

[quote user="cityangel"]No Surman now so guess it''ll be the diamond formation tomorrow??[/quote]

Remember the song angel....."somedays are diamonds, somedays are stones"

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="cityangel"]No Surman now so guess it''ll be the diamond formation tomorrow??[/quote]

Remember the song angel....."somedays are diamonds, somedays are stones"

[/quote]

Very true Yankee, but I have the feeling tomorrow will be a diamond of a day for us [:)]