Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_1902

Board Poll - Is British football corrupt?

Hahaha Morty you really are like a dog with a bone at times.

While I don''t think he was far off. 0-10% sounds about the right amount claiming to know when he doesn''t is just wrong :)

Davo

[quote user="Bobert"]You all seem to have forgotten that Hucks wages were paid by a business man from Diss. No one complained about that who supported Norwich.[/quote]Hucks wasn`t on £90k a week.Norwich hadn`t been dragged through the courts by the tax manNorwich payed their bills.Cardiff`s new ground is owned by Cardiff City Council. Therefore what happened to to money from the sale of their old ground which they did ownIt`s about time the football authorities come down heavy on these clubs that can`t or won`t pay their bills. I don`t want to hear this bollocks about it being the fans that suffer either

Who paid Huckerby''s wages then, when he came here on loan - and also when we signed him?....

Go on, someone say the board.....

Morally yes. Not necessarily because of the amounts of money now involved in the game but more so the way business is now conducted. In my eyes you should pay of old debts (to Motherwell) before splashing money out on new signings. Cardiff haven''t done anything wrong in regards to the Bellamy transfer but they shouldn''t have been allowed to bring in players whilst owing money to a club that should have been paid in Janruary!

Now let''s get on to dirty ''Arry everyone''s favourite uncle. Still on bail for corruption charges as is Milan Manderic, is it no surprise Portsmouth are in their current predicament? That said I cannot understand how they went through so many owners in such a short period of time? I believe more stringent vetting checks should be in place. Similarly who owns Leeds? Who is Marcus Evans?

I think football has lost sight of the fundamental reason why they exist and that is to serve the fans of their clubs and the game in general. I firmly believe that if we carry on like this one day there will be a tipping point when people think sod this i''d rather do something else other than watch Manure on the tele again. Even in local football money is having a negative impact on clubs, when the likes on Kirkley can offer £1000 signing on bonus and £150 a week for one player, players who are extrinsically motivated then move to that club but when the money dries up the club is left in the lurch.

I don''t know how to remedy this situation but I have faith that intrinsically motivated people within the game will exist as a beacon of hope that the rest of us can believe in.

There is an easy answer to all these problems and that is to forbid League Football Clubs to become Limited Companies. I think Nottinghame Forrest was the last "true" Club to be in the League.

If Clubs did not have the protection of Limited Liability for their members those same members would very quickly make sure the Club paid its way as otherwise the members would be going down the pan with all their assets.

The Committee running the Club would stand for election, and re-election, every year in the same way as your local bowls or cycling club. Any treasurer, chairman, committee member found with his finger in the pie would be prosecuted for fraud or embesslement.

Quick answer Hey?.

It depends did Cardiff have a transfer embargo? No therefore they can bring in players but the FA have made a dumb decison that they havent finshed paying off their fee for Quinn what usually grants a team an embargo and they get an ebstablished top flight player in on loan and can "apparently" afford his wages (depends on the wage fee what is usually 50%) it is odd that they let this happen

[quote user="lmc"]At the press conference Cardiff''s Chief Exec had a smirk on his face when he acknowledged that Cardiff were making a ''contribution''.

Bellers also confirmed that he is still getting paid the same overall, just by two different clubs now.[/quote]maybe  man city are   paying cardiff just to get rid ?

[quote user="The Walking Man "]

Morally yes. Not necessarily because of the amounts of money now involved in the game but more so the way business is now conducted. In my eyes you should pay of old debts (to Motherwell) before splashing money out on new signings. Cardiff haven''t done anything wrong in regards to the Bellamy transfer but they shouldn''t have been allowed to bring in players whilst owing money to a club that should have been paid in Janruary!

Now let''s get on to dirty ''Arry everyone''s favourite uncle. Still on bail for corruption charges as is Milan Manderic, is it no surprise Portsmouth are in their current predicament? That said I cannot understand how they went through so many owners in such a short period of time? I believe more stringent vetting checks should be in place. Similarly who owns Leeds? Who is Marcus Evans?

I think football has lost sight of the fundamental reason why they exist and that is to serve the fans of their clubs and the game in general. I firmly believe that if we carry on like this one day there will be a tipping point when people think sod this i''d rather do something else other than watch Manure on the tele again. Even in local football money is having a negative impact on clubs, when the likes on Kirkley can offer £1000 signing on bonus and £150 a week for one player, players who are extrinsically motivated then move to that club but when the money dries up the club is left in the lurch.

I don''t know how to remedy this situation but I have faith that intrinsically motivated people within the game will exist as a beacon of hope that the rest of us can believe in.

I would  say that it is morally wrong  for overpaid footballers  who dont  really  need any more  big bucks as they have more than enough to last the average working man a lifetime to insist on signing on fees and  excessive wage demands especially  as there is still a  recession and  people losing  their jobs  right left and  centre and  finding it hard to make ends  meet and  with the government  making cuts that is effecting  the majority of the people in this country and these are the people that support the football clubs and put money into their respective clubs and  then the  clubs  pay the players out of the money that is being  put into the club I would  say have a poll on whether footballers should  take a wage  cut in this recession or  maybe  their wages  should be  matched  to their performance, if the  england  players was to have a performance related  pay during the  world cup they would  end  up owing the fans 

ok guys rant over your  turn

[/quote]