Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Heroes and Zeroes.......A perspective.

[quote user="First Jedi"]Arthur is professing how amazing soldiers are - funny how that works, since he was in the armed forces (I think it was mandatory in his age)...[/quote]

Unless he signed up for longer mate. From what I have read, of Mr Whittle, regarding his time in the forces, I think he was in there for a fair while longer than you had to do compulsary.

Dont quite understand what road this thread is going down, but I will just say that, a soldier injured in the line of duty, recieves roughly, a one off lump sum 5% compensation of what one of those England players makes in a week. A soldier can lose both legs and get £15,000 paypout, Heskey can play like a donkey and get £45,000 a week, and Rooney little over £100,000. Is that fair?

I do agree that soldiers sign up, and know what the job is all about, but I have many friends who have done tours, and most of them dont agree with the reasons they are out there.

Help For Heroes Walk saturday, 10am, Stannard Road.

[quote user="Boogle"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]Arthur is professing how amazing soldiers are - funny how that works, since he was in the armed forces (I think it was mandatory in his age)...[/quote]

Unless he signed up for longer mate. From what I have read, of Mr Whittle, regarding his time in the forces, I think he was in there for a fair while longer than you had to do compulsary.

Dont quite understand what road this thread is going down, but I will just say that, a soldier injured in the line of duty, recieves roughly, a one off lump sum 5% compensation of what one of those England players makes in a week. A soldier can lose both legs and get £15,000 paypout, Heskey can play like a donkey and get £45,000 a week, and Rooney little over £100,000. Is that fair?

I do agree that soldiers sign up, and know what the job is all about, but I have many friends who have done tours, and most of them dont agree with the reasons they are out there.

[/quote]And a banker can make a million and break the legs of the entire country.

"Unless he signed up for longer mate. From what I have read, of Mr Whittle, regarding his time in the forces, I think he was in there for a fair while longer than you had to do compulsary."

I was joking...

I''d just like to say - sod our so called "football heroes" - the real heroes of this country are the Software Engineers - that''s right - you heard me! All Software Engineers are mighty people. Learned, intelligent and wise, many before their time - making the sacrifice for the good of England and all the children - yes - the children - they think of them! The best of them are the Java guys - mark my words... these guys are the real deal - doing their job, which they get paid for. Day in, day out. Troopers.

The fact that I am a Java Software Engineer in no-way provides a bias for my opinion.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

And a banker can make a million and break the legs of the entire country.
[/quote]

And get knighted.

[quote]A soldier can lose both legs and get £15,000 paypout, Heskey can play

like a donkey and get £45,000 a week, and Rooney little over £100,000.

Is that fair?[/quote]No, it''s a bloody disgrace.  But wars aren''t shown live on Sky TV, with all its'' subscribers paying silly money to watch "the best war in the world"...[quote]I do agree that soldiers sign up, and know what the job is all about,

but I have many friends who have done tours, and most of them dont agree

with the reasons they are out there.[/quote]If they don''t agree with why they are out there, why join up ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]A soldier can lose both legs and get £15,000 paypout, Heskey can play

like a donkey and get £45,000 a week, and Rooney little over £100,000.

Is that fair?[/quote]No, it''s a bloody disgrace.  But wars aren''t shown live on Sky TV, with all its'' subscribers paying silly money to watch "the best war in the world"...[quote]I do agree that soldiers sign up, and know what the job is all about,

but I have many friends who have done tours, and most of them dont agree

with the reasons they are out there.[/quote]If they don''t agree with why they are out there, why join up ?[/quote]Sky would if they could get away with it. £20 per month for a minium of 4 Taliban vs British fire fights. 

As someone who has a stepson who has done three tours to Afghanistan and a son-in-law who is due out there next year I am finfing this whole thread nausious.

Please give it a rest

I would like to apologise for my behaviour this week.

We have had some unfortunate personal family matters happen over the last 5/6 days, which I will not get into, as it is personal, and I did hit the sauce a bit too hard. I wasnt drunk for all the posts I made, but some of them yes.

This is not an excuse, and I apologise to anyone offended, for my language and behaviour, and personal attacks.

Cant promise it wont happen again, as you know what I get like when ive had a few, but I am genuinly sorry, and feel I have let myself down again, but this time I went a lot further than previously. The sort of behaviour of me this week, is not appropriate for a family forum like the pinkun.

Sorry to all.

Arthur.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I would like to apologise for my behaviour this week.

[/quote]No worries.  I hope you get things sorted.

[quote user="PKC"]As someone who has a stepson who has done three tours to Afghanistan and a son-in-law who is due out there next year I am finfing this whole thread nausious.

Please give it a rest[/quote]You think that''s bad? I''m Gareth Barry''s uncle.  [:@]

And you think that''s bad Mister!! I''m Messi''s mentor and I have to go back with him and face his people. An angry nation who expected so much and have been disappointed after capitulating so tamely to the Germans. To put it in perspective I''m sure there are many other Argentinians returning home this weekend who are far more deserving of their nations pride than a sorry bunch of footballers.

Have I said too much? There''s nothing more I can think of to say to you. But all you have to do is look at me to know that every word is true.........

[:''(]

No worries Arthur my friend. It''s only message board and it just moves on and on...

Like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
As the images unwind
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind.....