Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Reviews of Milk Cup 25th Dvd

BBC coverage but not the commentary-no Motty, sadly, just that bloke from Anglia who falls into the trap of "predicting" things within the game, knowing full well they are going to happen..the "...and if John Deeham pressures David Corner here, he might be able to run the ball along the touchline and get the ball over for a shot, possibly from Asa Hartford..." sort of thing!

But its good fun and a nostalgia fest.

Loved seeing Barham''s flying volley again!

would be amazing had they found a Motson commentary - considering it was the far superior Barry Davies who actually commentated that day - always loved it when Donowa gets the ball on the half way line ands he shouts " go , donowa , go "

[quote user="gary "]would be amazing had they found a Motson commentary - considering it was the far superior Barry Davies who actually commentated that day - always loved it when Donowa gets the ball on the half way line ands he shouts " go , donowa , go "[/quote]

i think Barry Davies had a soft spot for Norwich, listen to some of his other commentaries on his games he covered for us...

He also seems disapointed at Denis Van Wyks handball and alot happier when Clive woods shanks the spot kick.

Yep, spot on, it was Barry Davies! I''m bad...

When Van Wijk handles, he goes "oooooh, its a penalty", real emotion in the voice!

Fave commentator by a country mile and much missed.

I was watching this the other day and my 15 year old son walked in the room at the just moment when Chris Woods picked up a back pass from Steve Bruce.

"Free kick" he shouts.

"No son, not in those days!"

Ive got the original recording dad made including stuff from about anglia and look east,both before and after the match,next day etc when they were at the city hall(a very young fox standing in the hall joking about something),and a bit done by sat grandstand day before,including channon saying something to dowona in the wembley tunnel,that would be classed as racist now. ..I converted it for my dad and then made copies for my brothers...................... :)

The dvd is worth getting but I agree re the added commentry - it just does not work.  Shame as it should be the best NCFC DVD in anyones collection!

Does anyone know why the original commentary isn''t on there. Surely the cost of the pictures+Davies isn''t that much greater than the cost of the pictures alone?

The DVD is a nice memento, but the dubbed-on commentary is terrible.