Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Parker, Pennant, Ashton, Kristiansen in - Bentley out

According to ''Dodgy Rumours'' we shall in January:

(a) bring in Scott Parker from Chelsea on loan

(b) swap Arsenal''s Jermaine Pennant for David Bentley

(c) buy Dean Ashton from Crewe for 750,000 pounds

(d) buy (?) a tall central defender (probably Robert Huth from Chelsea)

(e) buy Jan Kristiansen (''Denmark''s Wayne Rooney") from Esjberg - with a little help from Thomas Helveg.

Sounds good to me!

Heck, I just woke up!!

OTBC.

I saw info too and couldnt be bothered to post it.

I would love to see any of the mentioned players at the club. Ashton is already valued in excess of £2m with the likes of Villa sniffing around, I cant see bentley leaving the club until the end of the season if he leaves at all, Pennant I would love to see here and Huth is attracting Newcastle. Parker could probably have his pick of clubs in the prem.

Mind you I said I couldnt see the club signing Hux or Helveg either and look where they ended up

OTBC

i dont know were uve got this from but i think only one of them things is at all possible n thats ashton in and mayb just mayb we might be able to get this kristiansen in but its gona be tight i doubt bently will be goin anywhere and i cant see us affording parkers wages because anit he on about 20,000 a week? well that would be very hard to pay

(a) bring in Scott Parker from Chelsea on loan

Could have his pick of teams in the top 10, but believe he is concentrating on fighting for his place at chelsea, so I would say definitely no.

(b) swap Arsenal''s Jermaine Pennant for David Bentley

I think this could be likely, but not a swap, just a straight move for JP, I really like the idea of him on the right and huckerby on the left, its been a while since we have had a good attacking winger on both flanks at Norwich (O''Neil and Eadie for a while I spose, when either werent injured!)

(c) buy Dean Ashton from Crewe for 750,000 pounds

Would love to buy him, but would be a min of 3 mill and I dont think Worth would risk that on a slightly unknown quantity, which is fair enough.

(d) buy (?) a tall central defender (probably Robert Huth from Chelsea)

Again your Villas/Newcastles tracking him, wouldnt drop down to our level.  A feasible alternative to him of course would be Dawson at Notts Forest.  I think you could pick him up for 1 mill, seeing has he has had quite a few injuries and so been out of the limelight for a while, would be a good bit of business.

I did say I just woke up!

Don''t shoot the messenger!!

But...........if we can''t afford........

(a) 2 expensive loans (Parker and Pennant. Net cost really only 1 - if Wenger wll take back Bentley as part of deal and let us keep Greeno until the summer)

(b) a Div 1 striker (Ashton) on terms. 750,000 pounds down with the rest on terms.

(c) a tall, young central defender (not Huth please) on terms(Actually I''d far prefer Worthy to give Shackell a real chance first- if he''s good enough he''s old enough, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating)

(d) an erratic (with huge potential) Danish youngster (Kristiansen) from a hard up Danish club.

then what is the point of being in the Premiership. Eh Delia??

...................................................................................

The ''next Arsene Wenger'' (Delia on Worthy a few weeks ago in The Guardian - I think - for those who missed it) will not make it if he is not provided with reasonable funds. (in our context). Even the current Arsene Wenger needed some good money to start and would like some more!!!!!

All this self-soothing stuff about going down and coming back up stronger is PSYCHOLOGICALLY WRONG AND VERY DANGEROUS.

We must do every thing possible within reason to stay up this time. A measured risk must be taken in January - just like last year -without breaking the bank.

How about getting in Harry and Jim on a short term consultancy for a couple of months!!!!!!! - as I''m not sure that wheeling and dealing is our stong suite!!!!!!!!!

Rant over for now; from a 1959er''

OTBC - now''s your chance.

[Hope you like the colours Dumble, ...........      I just found those glasses!!] 

we should ask rooney

He would come, he loves his pies

ROLE ON DELIA!!!

AJ.

Do you know if Doriva likes pies. Don''t suppose so coming from Brazil - but those guys do have huge appetites, so maybe there''s hope.

You see ''Dodgy Rumours'' says that we''ll be taking him from Middlesborough for $3m in January (also that ManU are looking to sign Greeno again).

Don''t shoot the messenger!

OTBC