Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

Elliott.. money well spent?

Do you think it has been money well spent bringing in Elliott?It was said that the NOTW compensation money funded his move here.I just thought it would be an interesting discussion to hear people opinions?

other than his goals at huddersfield - which were tap-ins - he hasn''t really had an impact on any game he has been part of, imo. money well spent? not in my opinion.

Depends on how much we paid really!Lambert obviously thinks he brings something that Cody and Oli don''t, I''m guessing a bit of experience, which can be crucial when it gets to the squeaky bum time of the season.I''d suspect he''ll get a start tomorrow night.

If we end up winning promotion by less than 3 points then i would say his two goals against Huddersfield was money well spent on their own!!

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - at the top of League 1"]Morty - there ware way too many characters in that last contribution!!!! ;-) (don''t let the buggers get you down)[/quote][:D](That better?)

Bit too soon to say I reckon. 2 goals in 2 appearances but that doesn''t really tell much of a story. I think Lambert has to play him these next two games to see how he gets on. He''s got an ok track record at his former clubs so hopefully he can do the business for us. Time will have to tell on this one though.

[quote user="norfolk_canary"]other than his goals at huddersfield - which were tap-ins - he hasn''t really had an impact on any game he has been part of, imo. money well spent? not in my opinion.[/quote]tap ins are you deluded,he made 2 terrific runs to get them,money well spent just for the huddersfield result iof you ask me

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - at the top of League 1"]If we end up winning promotion by less than 3 points then i would say his two goals against Huddersfield was money well spent on their own!![/quote]

Don''t forget also the goals that he spurred Chrissy on to score in the past few games.[;)] 

Definitely money well spent IMO.

It seems Elliott is coming into some critisism for last nights performance... Question is: is he playing poorly? if yes, then is it because he is here on loan? are we seeing that horrible repetition of last season where loan signings just don''t cut it?

[quote user="AndyCanary"]if yes, then is it because he is here on loan?[/quote]Forster is on loan isn''t he?  It''s nothing to do with the fact he''s on loan, he''s just not very good.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="AndyCanary"]if yes, then is it because he is here on loan?[/quote]Forster is on loan isn''t he?  It''s nothing to do with the fact he''s on loan, he''s just not very good.[/quote]Fair point but Forster and Elliott are at completely different stages of their career and on loan for different reasons.Forster is here to gain experience and to prove himselfElliott is here because he can''t break into the first team at Preston and they want to get some/all of his wages back.