Sign in to follow this  
EssexNCFC

OT - UEA Oxfam Fundraiser - PLEASE READ!

Hi everyone,

For the Oxfam Haiti appeal, UEA student radio Livewire1350 have released a charity single before their annual Hearing Aid campaign!

You can download it for only a pound or as much as you would like to donate!

http://single.livewire1350.com/track/hearing-aid-for-haiti

Please help if you can! Thanks alot for taking the time to read this!

Joe

Haiti, Haiti, bloody Haiti. With all the ridiculous jump-on-the-bandwagon charity projects going on this former shithole of a country can probably elevate itself to Superpower status soon.

hehhee mustachio.Are u per chance related to a certain B.Mussolini?As for the Haiti stuff id say ur half right, but then if you don''t want to give anything then don''t!Would be nice if any proceeds were split 50-50 with Chile but we all know that wont happen.Anyways there are enough American troops over in Haiti that it can just become like Puerto Rico..... 

Seeing as Haiti is one of the poorest nations in the world, its not surprising really that you are hearing so much about it and people are trying to do their bit! I agree that it has been thrust in peoples faces but a forum is a good place to try and get support and hopefully raise a little bit more than we would otherwise have been able to! Also, once Oxfam''s Haiti fund has been completed all money goes to helping other projects in countries that need the money most! Thanks for at least reading the post anyway - shows at the worst a vague amount of interest in the fundraiser and if you bought the single, thank you even more!

Oh seriously could the people knocking this guys effort be any more pathetic? Perhaps the reason you''ve heard a lot about Haiti is because there is a horrific disaster going on there and without peoples help it would be 100x worse.What frustrates me even more is naivity of people. You probably have no idea as to why Haiti is so poor. And probably are in a dead end job if any at all meaning that if you were born into Haiti you''d be one of the people begging for other nations help.The bottom line here is if you ain''t got anything nice, or constructive to say stfu.

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]The bottom line here is if you ain''t got anything nice, or constructive to say stfu.[/quote]Even to me? [A]

Surely we are at UEA so we can get a job in the future...? and seeing as I work while Im here, it seems like I didnt need your advice but thanks for the tip!

Thanks alot for looking at this post anyway guys, hopefully we can make a difference to people that need it most!

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]Oh seriously could the people knocking this guys effort be any more pathetic?

Perhaps the reason you''ve heard a lot about Haiti is because there is a horrific disaster going on there and without peoples help it would be 100x worse.

What frustrates me even more is naivity of people. You probably have no idea as to why Haiti is so poor. And probably are in a dead end job if any at all meaning that if you were born into Haiti you''d be one of the people begging for other nations help.

The bottom line here is if you ain''t got anything nice, or constructive to say stfu.
[/quote]

Agreed! Pathetic [:|]

[quote user="AndyWhyteUK"]Oh seriously could the people knocking this guys effort be any more pathetic?

Perhaps the reason you''ve heard a lot about Haiti is because there is a horrific disaster going on there and without peoples help it would be 100x worse.

What frustrates me even more is naivity of people. You probably have no idea as to why Haiti is so poor. And probably are in a dead end job if any at all meaning that if you were born into Haiti you''d be one of the people begging for other nations help.

The bottom line here is if you ain''t got anything nice, or constructive to say stfu.
[/quote]

Why the fuck should I? Firstly this is in the wrong section of the Forum, secondly some of us are getting sick and tired of these endless charity appeals to help third worlders that will now go on to live off this money for years on end. Just look at Ethiopia; Saint Bob raised millions there and where did it go? Into the pockets of Warlords to buy guns and ammo, and what was left (and still continues to pour into that country) feeds the ever growing population (gone from 34 to 72 million since the famine) who sit around waiting for food parcels, shagging themselves silly with no intention of sorting out their country. If you want to use a Public Forum to hold out the begging bowl do it in the non-football, non-NCFC section..... or else STFU!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[/quote]

Why the fuck should I? Firstly this is in the wrong section of the Forum, secondly some of us are getting sick and tired of these endless charity appeals to help third worlders that will now go on to live off this money for years on end. Just look at Ethiopia; Saint Bob raised millions there and where did it go? Into the pockets of Warlords to buy guns and ammo, and what was left (and still continues to pour into that country) feeds the ever growing population (gone from 34 to 72 million since the famine) who sit around waiting for food parcels, shagging themselves silly with no intention of sorting out their country. If you want to use a Public Forum to hold out the begging bowl do it in the non-football, non-NCFC section..... or else STFU!

[/quote]

Thanks for that Ebenezer [:)]

Mustachio,

I am assuming you might not want to contribute to my collection for unemployed, single parent, one armed, drug addicted,immigrant gypsies?

However I could be wrong.

Ha ha, it`s good `ere in it. Good luck to all the UEA students here, hope your enjoying student life as much as I did.