Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Oli for Nelson ?!?

BBC site says Oli came on for Nelson, after Macca had replaced Smith.

How were we lining up after those subs? Martin Doc and Rose as a back 3? Can''t imagine we''d get away with that too often!!

Couldn''t we just TRY a good ol'' 4-4-2 some time!!

Not a case of ''getting away'' with anything in my opinion!

We have successfully played 3 at the back with 10 men and today with 11 men. Both times we had winning outcomes.

That''s the objective of playing games of football isn''t it? - to win.

Lambert''s a genius - he doesn''t think like most other managers - that''s why he''s a ''balls-out'' winner.

Let''s embrace what we have and enjoy it!

[quote user="a1canary"]BBC site says Oli came on for Nelson, after Macca had replaced Smith.

How were we lining up after those subs? Martin Doc and Rose as a back 3? Can''t imagine we''d get away with that too often!!

Couldn''t we just TRY a good ol'' 4-4-2 some time!![/quote]With you in charge we would have lost 2-0 today im sure......

Here we go, words being put in my mouth again. Where did i say he doesn''t know what he''s doing?

And we were losing when we were 4-3-3 /diamond in case you hadn''t noticed! My main question was what was the formation when Nelson went off? Did we have a mf4 at that point? 3-4-3?

We won''t be able to turn around a losing position in the last 10 mins too many times.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Is it possible that PL knows what he''s doing? After all we have won 20 of the 28 league games under his leadership.[/quote]Lol. Here, here!

I loved it when I heard he was making that change.. It makes such a nice change to have a manager in charge with a set of balls and the results to back them up!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="a1canary"]BBC site says Oli came on for Nelson, after Macca had replaced Smith. How were we lining up after those subs? Martin Doc and Rose as a back 3? Can''t imagine we''d get away with that too often!! Couldn''t we just TRY a good ol'' 4-4-2 some time!![/quote]

With you in charge we would have lost 2-0 today im sure......
[/quote]

Well, thank god, ''cos i nearly was in charge... ridiculous comment. Besides, you can''t say that if we''d gone 4-4-2 the same wouldn''t have happened. Or that we couldn''t have done better. Or worse. Who knows? And in case you''re really deluded, we weren''t that great today against an average side. Lambert would agree. We only turned it on in the final 15 mins.

Does anyone want to answer my question - what was the formation after the subs - or just have a go?

I have massive respect for Lambert as a manager, finally a lad in charge who can make a gutsy call like that, the man has balls and it makes a nice change in my book, five up top and really going for it, that''s what I want in a manager when things are not going our way and to top it all, it payed off.

Doc centre with Rose and Russell.

Lappin and D. Russell in front.

McNamee and Oli wide with Hooly roaming.

Martin operating nearer the left and Holt through the middle.

Really was quite clever from PL.

Thankyou BR!

That sounds like nothing i''ve ever seen before!

3-2-3-2 !?

Where did he get that from? He must be a genius!

I believe its called WW (or WM?) and was invented by Hungary in the 50s.

In any case it predates 4-4-2 by some distance