Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Who was your childhood hero @ City?

chris woods when i was in my teens he had it all ..the looks , the talent , the david van day hair style.. i so wanted to be him [:D]

I started watching norwich when i was 10/11 so my heroes were david nielsen, darren huckerby and funnily enough Jim Brennan, i really liked him.

Im with you Robert N. LiM, Gunny is my childhood hero too.  In fact he''s the reason im a Norwich fan at all, his ability and personality attracted me to football in the first place (over half my lifetime a go now!)  And no matter what has happened since i will always love him for that, i might be one of those people who doesnt like football if it wasnt for him....

[quote user="CatNcfc"]Im with you Robert N. LiM, Gunny is my childhood hero too.  In fact he''s the reason im a Norwich fan at all, his ability and personality attracted me to football in the first place (over half my lifetime a go now!)  And no matter what has happened since i will always love him for that, i might be one of those people who doesnt like football if it wasnt for him....[/quote]

good for you,he made some very foolish decisions over the last 18months and has said the wrong things, but deep down I know he is a decent guy and has been a great inspiration for many. When he took on the managers job, most football fans in Norwich feared he would fail, nobody wanted him to become what he is now on this board, it`s a very sad situation IMO but you reap what you sow! 

First one was Kevin Keelan, haven''t seen a keeper of his class since play for us. After him it was Graham Paddon, then Ted MacDougall, and following on from them John Deehan and Kevin Drinkell.

Onto the great times in the late eighties would have to say the wonderful Mark Bowen and Ruel Fox were always my favourites. I wept buckets when Ruel went (the beginnings of the end of our good times as it turned out). Since them only Hucks really comes close. Not only a great player, but an ambassador for the club he really has no modern equal.

Of the current team Wes carries the torch at the moment.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="CatNcfc"]Im with you Robert N. LiM, Gunny is my childhood hero too.  In fact he''s the reason im a Norwich fan at all, his ability and personality attracted me to football in the first place (over half my lifetime a go now!)  And no matter what has happened since i will always love him for that, i might be one of those people who doesnt like football if it wasnt for him....[/quote]

good for you,he made some very foolish decisions over the last 18months and has said the wrong things, but deep down I know he is a decent guy and has been a great inspiration for many. When he took on the managers job, most football fans in Norwich feared he would fail, nobody wanted him to become what he is now on this board, it`s a very sad situation IMO but you reap what you sow! 

[/quote]Yep, it was Gunn for me too.  I was lucky enough to meet him briefly as a youngster, although annoyingly our camera chose that day not to work!  He was a proper legend for me, and regardless of what''s happened recently, I''ll always try to view him as the goalkeeper rather than the manager!Of course, there''s also Gossy, Fox and Iwan...