Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

85 82 89

85,82 & 89,these are the points total that the second placed teams have gone up with in the last three seasons in League 1,with 16 games left,8 of which are at home and with City on 63 points already, and with an excellent goal difference,why are so many fans getting worried,just can''t believe some of the posts over the last few days, 1 defeat and some are ready to throw in the towel,we will drop more points before the seasons end but so will the teams around us but our home form will take us up i have no doubt about that,some fans need to chill and enjoy the remainder of a superb season that will end with promotion.

My only conern is an injury to Holt, as I am not sure we can break down the better teams without him, as shown over the last three games. I think the top two as they stand will be the two that go up, although agree a Swindon or other will make a late run just to keep us biting our finger nails till the very end.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

There seems to be a few more contenders in league 1 this year than I can remember in past years.

Watch out for Swindon creeping up on the rails.[;)]

[/quote]

If we convert all the games in hand into three points then Swindon and Colchester would be 5 behind us, Charlton 6 and Leeds 4 ahead. Does anyone think that Southampton can make the play-offs? 12 points is a lot to make up at this stage of the season.

[quote user="Wandsworth Canary"]My only conern is an injury to Holt, as I am not sure we can break down the better teams without him, as shown over the last three games. I think the top two as they stand will be the two that go up, although agree a Swindon or other will make a late run just to keep us biting our finger nails till the very end.[/quote]So Holt needs to be fit for the Charlton, Swindon, Leeds, and Huddersfield games.  We have the strength in depth to deal with the rest without fielding a first 11 I reckon.  That''s not meant to sound arrogant, it''s a testament to how well Lambert has got the squad playing, everyone who comes on from the bench seems to make a positive impact.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Does anyone think that Southampton can make the play-offs? 12 points is a lot to make up at this stage of the season.

[/quote]Statistically[8-|] it looks very hard, unless there is an unusually low sixth place finish this season. They are getting 1.57 points per game. And that is actually down from a few weeks ago.[:@] Half-way through the season it was 1.65 points per game. A cynic would say that''s what comes of signing Otsemobor...[;)]Anyway, the average points total for sixth place over the last six season is 74. To reach that Southampton will need to start racking up 2.2 points per game. That is not only much better than they have been doing but better than us (2.1) or Leeds (2.17).It also translates into an extremely challenging 12 wins, four draws and two defeats out of their last 18 games.[U]

[quote]Anyway, the average points total for sixth place over the last six season is 74.[/quote]By that reckoning, we can get 6th place with relegation form over the next 16 games.