Sign in to follow this  
AA

An Idea....

Without getting too ahead of myself (i clearly am) but given that the administration penalty is 10 points (per Crystal Palace)........

If we are 10 points clear over third place at the end of season (or with a game to go), would it be possible to drop ourselves into administration, clear our debts and still get promotoed?!?

Just a thought, it would be a great use of this season in league one!

Its really not that simple, and has been discussed to death in other threads.Its not like a magic wand that waves away all your debts.[:)]

I think the rules state that you can''t do it after a certain point of the season, to stop this happening or a team thats already relegated doing it - like Leeds did (which is why they got such a heavy points deduction).

Also the Football League have the power to judge whether a team has cynically entered admin to gain an advantage and would probably change the deduction to just enough to know us out of the play-offs.Also, ADMIN DOESN''T JUST CLEAR YOUR DEBTS!!!!

if you go into administration and the 10 point penalty doesn''t affect the result of either a promotion or a relegation then it is deferred to the following year. Thats why Southampton started this year with -10 rather than had it deducted last year when they were already relegated. So no.

if we went into administation the assets ie ground etc would be sold to pay of the creditors, we would not be better off, it will not happen.