Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

What was the last decent team we beat away from Carrow Road??

Honestly though, what was the last decent team we have beaten away from home (anyone who says Ipswich should be castrated :-)). and btw i don''t really class Reading as a decent team

Point is Robbo, records are there to be broken....if we win at the Bridge on Saturday you''re gonna look pretty silly! When you say '' decent'' I take it you mean wealthy because one normally begets the other nowadays and as we haven''t played any wealthy clubs ''til this season your arguement is valid since August. Bearing in mind Hucks was a whisker away from scoring what would have been the winner at Spurs and we gave Newcastle ''one hell of a fright'' at their place, at Old Trafford Bentley''s belter came back off the woodwork with the ''keeper beaten, shortly afterwards Smith hit the post and his went in. The other way around and we''d have come away with three points.....So, I guess you''re right, we haven''t actually beaten anyone........but It''s not for the want of trying!

Away Wins 2003-04

Gillingham  2-1, Walsall 3-1, Ipswich 2-0, Derby 4-0,

Wimbledon 1-0, Coventry 2-0, Burnley 5-3, Reading 1-0,

Watford 2-1, Crewe 3-1.

The last team we beat away from home was crewe in the last day of season last may if i remember rightly. Iwan scored that memorable brace in his last ever game...

not exactly a decent team though.

Depends if you can ever class any team in the fizzy pop as ''decent''.  We did beat Sunderland in the Stadium of Light the year they moved there, but that was again a 1st Div match.........

it''s all a matter of perspective!  Last season we beat Coventry away, a place we very seldom win, we also annihilated Derby 4-0 at their place.......

[quote]Depends if you can ever class any team in the fizzy pop as ''decent''. We did beat Sunderland in the Stadium of Light the year they moved there, but that was again a 1st Div match......... it''s all a ...[/quote]

I think Temp puts it very well.  We need to put it into percpective.  Last season wins at Coventry, Derby, Burnley and the Scum were great wins.  They might not be "great" teams, but they were sure as hell great wins for me

aaah!  ben_elr, a man after my own heart, and clearly of my own City era too.

Goal kick from in front of the Kop by Gunny, flick on by Rosy, and Townesend is through to poke it past Grobbelar.  Sweet as you like!  Historical win, never thought possible...

(dig the signature too!  Ian Crook - future Norwich manager)

Oooooo (eyes go dreamy), 4-0 against Leeds and 5-1 against Everton - two of my my all time favourite results, and two of the teams I dislike most. Marvellous

There''s a much more recent (and famous) win at anfield 1988. 1994! See, almost like yesterday!!!

Goss from outside the area, in front of an expectant kop, hoping for a big send off on its last day of existence. We certainly didn''t read the script that day and we won''t on Saturday!

COME ON LADS!