Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

Still cant see it!

Holts sending off i rewound it several times, yes he went down 2 footed but doesnt seem to get the player at all, and the player gets straight up!!! Not impressed!

Was you at the game? He was down for a few minutes. Two footed and miss the ball, you are asking for a red unfortunately.

[quote user="Largey"]Was you at the game? He was down for a few minutes. Two footed and miss the ball, you are asking for a red unfortunately.[/quote]yesah i was there, down to get holt sent off! he got up wth out a limp! or hop! think the ref should have looked at the 2 foot over the ball before Holt went in!

[quote user="Largey"]Was you at the game? He was down for a few minutes. Two footed and miss the ball, you are asking for a red unfortunately.[/quote]if he caught him or not...INTENT is enough im affraid...they r the rules

If someone did that against one of our players, you would be livid.. it was reckless and pointless.

Yeah Intent was there [N] But the other guy went in 2 footed, studs up? [:|] Both should''ve got reds.

You would have seen the other chap down for a few mins then. I think anyone would be feeling the pain after that, lucky he could carry on!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Largey"]Was you at the game? He was down for a few minutes. Two footed and miss the ball, you are asking for a red unfortunately.[/quote]if he caught him or not...INTENT is enough im affraid...they r the rules[/quote]so why wasnt the rule applied to the brentford player coming over the top of the ball????

[quote user="Largey"]You would have seen the other chap down for a few mins then. I think anyone would be feeling the pain after that, lucky he could carry on![/quote]

just wind your tv back...HE WASNT IN PAIN!!!!!

I love Holt but the ref called it correctly and I''m relieved we are not talking today about a Brentford player with a broken leg. The includeds Holts benefit because he would have to live with it and I honestly think he''s better than that.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Largey"]Was you at the game? He was down for a few minutes. Two footed and miss the ball, you are asking for a red unfortunately.[/quote]if he caught him or not...INTENT is enough im affraid...they r the rules[/quote]

so why wasnt the rule applied to the brentford player coming over the top of the ball????
[/quote]

cause the referee is a tw4t. Besides, like Lambert said, the whistle should have been blown before Holt was neer the player.

[quote user="Brendan"]Yeah Intent was there [N] But the other guy went in 2 footed, studs up? [:|] Both should''ve got reds.
[/quote]like i said in another thread...Holty got in before the other guy did....silly but these things happen

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Largey"]Was you at the game? He was down for a few minutes. Two footed and miss the ball, you are asking for a red unfortunately.[/quote]if he caught him or not...INTENT is enough im affraid...they r the rules[/quote]

so why wasnt the rule applied to the brentford player coming over the top of the ball????
[/quote]

cause the referee is a tw4t. Besides, like Lambert said, the whistle should have been blown before Holt was neer the player.

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Brendan"]Yeah Intent was there [N] But the other guy went in 2 footed, studs up? [:|] Both should''ve got reds.[/quote]like i said in another thread...Holty got in before the other guy did....silly but these things happen[/quote]

Have u just watched it?? the guy came in over the ball, holt came down after ball had come??

Holts foot looked to go between the guys legs, so luckily he didnt catch him full on.

I''ll agree to disagree, however I don''t believe the Brentford chap went in two footed, his trailing leg was flailing out rather than full-blooded like Holts.

As I said on another thread, I think Holt was trying to get his foot inbetween the Brentford player and the ball, and it went haywire.

Holt''s challenge was particularly stupid as we had been given a free-kick - but the ref had slightly delayed before giving it so he presumably didn''t realise when preparing for his lunge. Holt was stupid, and the sending off was probably deserved.

...but most of the other yellow cards were feeble on the part of the ref who didn''t have a good game - Russell''s in particular (who IMO had a great game today).

And its not as if he was really going for the ball, like the other guy way. I mean he just jumped on him? WTF[N] Gotta show more responsibility Holty. I love you, but thats just stupid seeing as though you''re captain.

Perhaps the real question is...why has Holt been so edgy lately and why did the red mist come down? Is there anything else behind it? I thought he was happy and settled.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Brendan"]Yeah Intent was there [N] But the other guy went in 2 footed, studs up? [:|] Both should''ve got reds.
[/quote]like i said in another thread...Holty got in before the other guy did....silly but these things happen[/quote]

Have u just watched it?? the guy came in over the ball, holt came down after ball had come??
[/quote]yes i did watch it....take the green and yellow glasses of lol...it was a sending off simple as....if it had been the other way around you would be screaming blue murder[Y]

Hopefully he will calm down a bit as this should be an eye opener! I havent got a replay so I cant really comment any further though.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Well just out of interest how can holt avoid the tackle without using both feet to jump in the air? Are you all suggesting holt to hop?:P
[/quote]he wasnt jumping out of the way lol....he knew exactly what he was doing....it was a silly tackle end of

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Well just out of interest how can holt avoid the tackle without using both feet to jump in the air? Are you all suggesting holt to hop?:P
[/quote]

If he jumped to avoid it, he wouldn''t have gone in two footed, he would have fell over!

[quote user="Largey"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Well just out of interest how can holt avoid the tackle without using both feet to jump in the air? Are you all suggesting holt to hop?:P[/quote]

If he jumped to avoid it, he wouldn''t have gone in two footed, he would have fell over!

[/quote]I think ....like u say we will have to agree to disagree on this one! it looked worse then it was! but depending on view of ref, red was an option, i wouldnt be surprised if this one gets rescinded! but watch this space!

[quote user="Largey"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Well just out of interest how can holt avoid the tackle without using both feet to jump in the air? Are you all suggesting holt to hop?:P[/quote]

[/quote]If you jump over a tackle (which you use both feel for) you don''t fall over unless you lose you balance lol..