Sign in to follow this  
The Walking Man

Boo the Colchester players...

Apologies for starting a new thread about Col Who, but if you have got a ticket in the home end I reckon we should get on the Col Who players back right early on. The Col Who fans aer bleating on about how Norwich fans in the home ends cant do anything this is a way! If there''s grumblings from the ''home'' fans then the Colchester players will get disheartened and it will galvanise Norwich! Everytime Col WHo mis place a pass then needs to be a massive boooooo! Sub him Aidy!

I don''t think that the stewards will be your issue on Saturday, it will be the home fans. This situation is so well documented locally that if any home fan has a slight suspicion that you''re a Norwich fan then they''re going to report you to a steward. Booing the home players when that doesn''t normally happen, they''re fourth in the league, will stick out like a sore thumb.

[quote user="claud"]I don''t think that the stewards will be your issue on Saturday, it will be the home fans. This situation is so well documented locally that if any home fan has a slight suspicion that you''re a Norwich fan then they''re going to report you to a steward. Booing the home players when that doesn''t normally happen, they''re fourth in the league, will stick out like a sore thumb.

[/quote]

Then we can just say we''re actually an Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs fan who now lives in Colchester and decided to come along to see what all the fuss was about. It''s not our fault if we''re used to watching great football every week [:D]

You boo the Col U players from the start, you''ll stcik out like a sore thumb, not that you won''t anyway with 12 fingers, I just ish you lot would get over yourselfs, your not a big club anymore, your a tiny dot on teh football radar and I wish you would all accept it, I bloody hope we give a you good hiding, and even if we don''t, even if we lose 5-0, I will stand there a proud supporter of my club because we have all realised that getting rid of Lambert was one of the best things that happend to our club, Aidy has put the dignity back into Colchester United and with your big club mentality you''ll never have that. If you boo our players, you''ll be thrown out, don''t you think the stewards will eb briefed before hand? You bunch of complete and utter arrogant idiots, I don''t care about the result on saturday, win, lose or draw I just know now that I would rather play in the southern premier divison than support Notrich Shitty

[quote user="Boothroyd is King"]

You boo the Col U players from the start, you''ll stcik out like a sore thumb, not that you won''t anyway with 12 fingers, I just ish you lot would get over yourselfs, your not a big club anymore, your a tiny dot on teh football radar and I wish you would all accept it, I bloody hope we give a you good hiding, and even if we don''t, even if we lose 5-0, I will stand there a proud supporter of my club because we have all realised that getting rid of Lambert was one of the best things that happend to our club, Aidy has put the dignity back into Colchester United and with your big club mentality you''ll never have that. If you boo our players, you''ll be thrown out, don''t you think the stewards will eb briefed before hand? You bunch of complete and utter arrogant idiots, I don''t care about the result on saturday, win, lose or draw I just know now that I would rather play in the southern premier divison than support Notrich Shitty

[/quote]Spelling and punctuation happens to other people obviously [Y]

You boo the Col U players from the start, you''ll stcik out like a sore thumb[/quote]

You usually wait 10 minutes then?

[quote user="Boothroyd is King"]I bloody hope we give a you good hiding, and even if we don''t, even if we lose 5-0, I will stand there a proud supporter of my club because we have all realised that getting rid of Lambert was one of the best things that happend to our club, Aidy has put the dignity back into Colchester United and with your big club mentality you''ll never have that.

[/quote]We haven''t got a big club mentality, it just seems like it to you as a supporter of a small club with an inferiority complex. We lost Martin O''Neil to Leicester, did we throw our toys out? No, most of realised he''d made a fair call given the circumstances. Just as Lambert did given his.Tell me what was the gate for your home game after your glorious 7-1 victory over us? Less than 5000 wasn''t it? You''re not even in a position to blame Lambert, less still us.And you may well hope you''ll give us a good hiding, but I''d bet my left b*ll*ck you won''t. In fact your lot are going to have be very much on their toes to ensure they aren''t on the wrong side of one themselves. Just remember who the manager was that day.

[quote user="Boothroyd is King"] Notrich Shitty

[/quote]I see what you did there. Such razor sharp wit is so rare these days.

[/quote]HAHAHA "Aidy put the dignity back into Col U".... yeah and with your chairman maintaining a dignified silence over the whole Lambert affair and not mouthing off in a hilarious fit of sour grapes, it is dignity all round in deepest, darkest essex. Cowling knows we have the better manager. While you are watching hoofball and shivering because you don''t even have enough fans to fill an igloo, we are watching fantastic flowing football, week in, week out, scoring shedloads of goals, with a team that cares and plays for the shirt and for Paul "God" Lambert. We have a chairman who isn''t a complete tosser, and fans who know that Ipswich are the only team we will ever have as a rival and the only one we''ll ever care about beating. It would be nice to beat your tinpot club in your shed, sure, but you are not our rivals and we dont give a sh*t about you so stop shouting your petty bitter little mouths off.Lambert is clearly a better manager than Hoofroyd, look at the league table if you don''t believe me.Tiny dot with attendances bigger than several prem clubs, we''re definitely not a big club then. We can only dream of being a massive club like Col U with HUGE average attendances of 5600.You''re a bunch of jumped up little mockneys with ideas far above their station and a league position to match. You are the arrogant ones, thinking that you will ever be our rivals. You will never ever be our peers in terms of club size and stature, regardless of league position.

1. What do you define as a big club? Somebody who is languishing in the 3rd tier of English football, a team that has massive debts? You may have a big stadium, you may have quite a few fans, but so would we if we were the only league club in our county, if you were really that big, you wouldn''t be where you are on and off the pitch at the moment.

2. Your welcome to Lambert. He got out when the going got tough at Wycombe and he scrambled across to when he realised you wanted him. I''m not going to lie to you, you are a bigger club than us if your working on pure fan base and stadium alone, and although your debts are big i''m not denying you can pay bigger wage sthan us, but we all saw how worried you lot got when there was even a sniff of him being offered the Burnley job, you knew aswell as us that if he was approached, he would have been off quicker than you can say incest. In the end he will leave, but it will be his downfall, because one day when he is in line to get that big job, people will look at him and think well he might leave us at any time, do we want to take the risk

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Boothroyd is King"]

[/quote]

HAHAHA "Aidy put the dignity back into Col U".... yeah and with your chairman maintaining a dignified silence over the whole Lambert affair and not mouthing off in a hilarious fit of sour grapes, it is dignity all round in deepest, darkest essex. Cowling knows we have the better manager. While you are watching hoofball and shivering because you don''t even have enough fans to fill an igloo, we are watching fantastic flowing football, week in, week out, scoring shedloads of goals, with a team that cares and plays for the shirt and for Paul "God" Lambert. We have a chairman who isn''t a complete tosser, and fans who know that Ipswich are the only team we will ever have as a rival and the only one we''ll ever care about beating. It would be nice to beat your tinpot club in your shed, sure, but you are not our rivals and we dont give a sh*t about you so stop shouting your petty bitter little mouths off.

Lambert is clearly a better manager than Hoofroyd, look at the league table if you don''t believe me.

Tiny dot with attendances bigger than several prem clubs, we''re definitely not a big club then. We can only dream of being a massive club like Col U with HUGE average attendances of 5600.

You''re a bunch of jumped up little mockneys with ideas far above their station and a league position to match. You are the arrogant ones, thinking that you will ever be our rivals. You will never ever be our peers in terms of club size and stature, regardless of league position.

[/quote]

Sorry this is th Aidy Hoofroyd who has got a mediocre team into the premiership and also after doing themselves proud in the prem, getting into the the play-offs in the championship the next season? How can you define Lambert as a better manager? And look at it from our point of view, if in a real life situation, somebody steals something off you (you lot stealing Lambert of us) and then that same person ask the victim of the steal a favour and to give them something they want (you wanting extra tickets) what would you say? Don''y harp on about the finanical benefits of giving you the tickets too because we have sold our ends out, so what is your answer to that?

I have a thought. Listen to this; what if Mr Cowling is justifiably angry?

You know considering that Norwich broke two league rules to tap up and induce Paul Lambert to break his contract?

It''s a free country, so if the media ask RC a question he is entitled to respond. The guilty party in cases such as this are advised to keep quiet.

Let the football do the talking on Saturday. After All the FA have months to ponder just how many of your points to deduct... 20... 30...

[quote user="Boothroyd is King"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Boothroyd is King"]

[/quote]HAHAHA "Aidy put the dignity back into Col U".... yeah and with your chairman maintaining a dignified silence over the whole Lambert affair and not mouthing off in a hilarious fit of sour grapes, it is dignity all round in deepest, darkest essex. Cowling knows we have the better manager. While you are watching hoofball and shivering because you don''t even have enough fans to fill an igloo, we are watching fantastic flowing football, week in, week out, scoring shedloads of goals, with a team that cares and plays for the shirt and for Paul "God" Lambert. We have a chairman who isn''t a complete tosser, and fans who know that Ipswich are the only team we will ever have as a rival and the only one we''ll ever care about beating. It would be nice to beat your tinpot club in your shed, sure, but you are not our rivals and we dont give a sh*t about you so stop shouting your petty bitter little mouths off.Lambert is clearly a better manager than Hoofroyd, look at the league table if you don''t believe me.Tiny dot with attendances bigger than several prem clubs, we''re definitely not a big club then. We can only dream of being a massive club like Col U with HUGE average attendances of 5600.You''re a bunch of jumped up little mockneys with ideas far above their station and a league position to match. You are the arrogant ones, thinking that you will ever be our rivals. You will never ever be our peers in terms of club size and stature, regardless of league position.

[/quote]

Sorry this is th Aidy Hoofroyd who has got a mediocre team into the premiership and also after doing themselves proud in the prem, getting into the the play-offs in the championship the next season? How can you define Lambert as a better manager? And look at it from our point of view, if in a real life situation, somebody steals something off you (you lot stealing Lambert of us) and then that same person ask the victim of the steal a favour and to give them something they want (you wanting extra tickets) what would you say? Don''y harp on about the finanical benefits of giving you the tickets too because we have sold our ends out, so what is your answer to that?

[/quote]Same Hoofroyd who''s "direct" style was despised by Watford fans. I''d rather watch us playing superb flowing football and not get promoted than watch dull, boring 1-0s and hoofball and going up. Irrelevant though as Lambert has had the same amount of time in the job as hoofers and whilst we have done nothing but win, play stunning football and ascend the table, you have plateaud resulting in us climbing above you, and you would be languishing in mid-table if it weren''t for that scummer loanee you have up front (who all of our front 3 have scored more goals than, incidentally).No-one is bothered even the slightest modicum that you have refused us extra tickets, none of us here are bothered about it, nor harping on about it. Brighton have allocated us just 850 tickets and do you see us crying on here about it? No. The only reason that it is an issue is because your incredibly bitter and petty chairman cant stop shouting his mouth off, and in fact the only one who is harping on about it is mr tw*tling. In real life do you give someone permission to steal something off you then cry about it? Cowling gave us permission to talk to Lambert, therefore it''s his own problem. Not our fault Lambert wanted to move up in the footballing world and get some prestige with a real club and not a glorified pub team with a sh*t stadium, no fans, and a c**t for a chairman.

P.s Isn''t this sellout going to be your biggest ever crowd at the stadium? If only we were a big club think how many extra tickets we could sell....oh yeah, none because your poxy shed only holds 10k (and you can only fill half of it!). Your club is a laughing stock.

1. What do you define as a big club? Somebody who is languishing in the 3rd tier of English football, a team that has massive debts? You may have a big stadium, you may have quite a few fans, but so would we if we were the only league club in our county, if you were really that big, you wouldn''t be where you are on and off the pitch at the moment.

[/quote]We never said we were a big club. That''s just you and your inferiority complex.[quote user="Boothroyd is King"]

2. Your welcome to Lambert. He got out when the going got tough at Wycombe and he scrambled across to when he realised you wanted him. I''m not going to lie to you, you are a bigger club than us if your working on pure fan base and stadium alone, and although your debts are big i''m not denying you can pay bigger wage sthan us, but we all saw how worried you lot got when there was even a sniff of him being offered the Burnley job, you knew aswell as us that if he was approached, he would have been off quicker than you can say incest. In the end he will leave, but it will be his downfall, because one day when he is in line to get that big job, people will look at him and think well he might leave us at any time, do we want to take the risk

[/quote]Yeah, yeah, we know how much you don''t care about Lambert. How glad you are he''s gone, etc etc.(laughs)

[quote user="Lt.Columbo"]

You know considering that Norwich broke two league rules to tap up and induce Paul Lambert to break his contract?

It''s a free country, so if the media ask RC a question he is entitled to respond. The guilty party in cases such as this are advised to keep quiet.

Let the football do the talking on Saturday. After All the FA have months to ponder just how many of your points to deduct... 20... 30...

[/quote]HAHA as if we will be deducted points. don''t be ridiculous. How is it tapping up when Tw*tling GAVE US PERMISSION to talk to Lambert? We didn''t make him resign, although i cant say i blame him working under Cowling. He who protests too much... he is obviously throwing accusations out in a ridiculous attempt to undermine a promotion rival, we asked permission, he said yes and then refused to let Lambert go, so Lambert handed his resignation in, as he entitled to do.Cowling is also entitled to respond to the media, no-one is forcing him to mouth off like someone raped his dog though! If I get angry about something, I dont behave like a 2 year old and throwing a tantrum. Even if it is proven his anger is justifiable, his behaviour and conduct isn''t. He is making himself and Col U look ridiculous, whereas we have maintained a dignified silence about the whole affair, Cowling needs to do the talking in the boardroom and stop being so petulant.

Actually our attendances were falling as a direct result of Lambert’s dross. It’s hilarious that you think Lambert is some kind of saviour, when in reality you’d probably have the same number of points if you’d stuck with Gunn.

Your season will choke like all Lambert’s managerial campaigns as your players’ bottle it like they famously did at Fulham and Charlton.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Lt.Columbo"]

[/quote]

HAHA as if we will be deducted points. don''t be ridiculous. How is it tapping up when Tw*tling GAVE US PERMISSION to talk to Lambert? We didn''t make him resign, although i cant say i blame him working under Cowling.

He who protests too much... he is obviously throwing accusations out in a ridiculous attempt to undermine a promotion rival, we asked permission, he said yes and then refused to let Lambert go, so Lambert handed his resignation in, as he entitled to do.

Cowling is also entitled to respond to the media, no-one is forcing him to mouth off like someone raped his dog though! If I get angry about something, I dont behave like a 2 year old and throwing a tantrum. Even if it is proven his anger is justifiable, his behaviour and conduct isn''t. He is making himself and Col U look ridiculous, whereas we have maintained a dignified silence about the whole affair, Cowling needs to do the talking in the boardroom and stop being so petulant.
[/quote]

I think you are missing the point. Football League rules, which you agree to in return for your golden share, are subtly different from employment laws per se. 

[quote user="Herb"]
We never said we were a big club. That''s just you and your inferiority complex.

[/quote]

So the posts on here saying you are bigger than Burnley, Middlesbrough and Ipswich are figments of my imagination?

Actually our attendances were falling as a direct result of Lambert’s dross. It’s hilarious that you think Lambert is some kind of saviour, when in reality you’d probably have the same number of points if you’d stuck with Gunn.

Your season will choke like all Lambert’s managerial campaigns as your players’ bottle it like they famously did at Fulham and Charlton.

[/quote]Brilliant - our season will choke, you mean like Boothroyd''s last season in charge at Watford did, the one where they were 9 points clear at top of the league and nearly missed playoffs altogether after a run of 1 win in 13 going into the end of the season. That sounds a little bit like choking to me. Lambert is a saviour, we were sh*t under Gunn last season and would have been this one too, he just wasn''t a manager. Funny how Lambert had you playing dross yet he''s managed to get us playing like Brazil.The stats don''t lie...Look at the records with their current teams:Lambert: 19 August 2009 - Played: 29 Won: 18 Drawn: 7 Lost: 4 Win percentage: 62.07% Hoofroyd: 2 September 2009 - Played: 18 Won: 10 Drawn: 6 Lost: 2 Win percentage: 55.6% Or in fact their entire managerial careers (including Lamberts diastrous spell at crisis hit Livingston which distorts the stats in Hoofy''s favour):Lambert - Played: 212 Won: 86 Drawn: 50 Lost: 76 Win percentage: 40.7 Loss percentage: 23.5%Lambert (minus Livingston tenure) - Played: 180 Won: 81 Drawn: 43 Lost: 56 Win percentage: 45% Loss percentage:  31.1%Hoofroyd - Played: 194 Won: 75 Drawn: 57 Lost: 62 Win percentage: 42.6 Loss percentage: 35.2Lambert is currently the best manager in our history statistically, and he is a better manager than Hoofy statiscally, and he is racking up the points and not only did we catch you, we overtook you and are chasing Leeds.

[/quote]That is absolute crap. Average attendance in 2007/2008 (pre-Lambert) - 5508 - that was in championship.Average attendance in 2008/2009 (Lambert era) - 5084 - in League 1.Are you seriously telling me those 500 people a week didn''t turn up as a direct result of Lambert''s football style and had nothing to do with the fact you were relegated and playing at a lower level? Dont talk sh*t.

[quote user="kick it off"]
The stats don''t lie...

Look at the records with their current teams:

Lambert:
19 August 2009 - Played: 29 Won: 18 Drawn: 7 Lost: 4 Win percentage: 62.07%

Hoofroyd: 2 September 2009 - Played: 18 Won: 10 Drawn: 6 Lost: 2 Win percentage: 55.6%

Or in fact their entire managerial careers (including Lamberts diastrous spell at crisis hit Livingston which distorts the stats in Hoofy''s favour):

Lambert - Played: 212 Won: 86 Drawn: 50 Lost: 76 Win percentage: 40.7 Loss percentage: 23.5%

Lambert (minus Livingston tenure) - Played: 180 Won: 81 Drawn: 43 Lost: 56 Win percentage: 45% Loss percentage:  31.1%

Hoofroyd - Played: 194 Won: 75 Drawn: 57 Lost: 62 Win percentage: 42.6 Loss percentage: 35.2

Lambert is currently the best manager in our history statistically, and he is a better manager than Hoofy statiscally, and he is racking up the points and not only did we catch you, we overtook you and are chasing Leeds.
[/quote]

Stats are always interesting but they can tell many stories

Just a couple of points.

You have overtaken us - but only presently because we have games in hand. I''d rather have points in the bag but there is no reason we can''t win those games and that would put us level on points (and, of course, above you if we win on Saturday).

Aidy''s stats with us are P 21 W12 D6 L3  so a win percentage of 57.2, a slight improvement on your figures.

Plus if you can remove Lamberts Livingston stats - because they were crisis hit (although they came out of administration before Lambert took charge) then for the benefit of fair comparison you could also remove Boothroyds stats from when Watford were in the Premiership as they were arguably punching just as far above their weight as Livingston were, if not more so.

This would give Aidy a record of   151 games - 67 wins, 42 draws and 42 defeats. A win percentage of 44.4% (slightly down on Lambert''s 45%) and a loss percentage of 27.9% (just over 3% better than Lambert).

The fact is all the stats prove is that they are both good managers and are both doing a good job for their respective clubs.

[/quote]

The only supporters coming over as arrogant are you lot pal, and particularly your mad owner. And you are just as likely to find someone with 12 fingers off your Greenstead Estate as you are anybody in Norfolk. (Although I accept that the average Col U fan is more likely to be a fake Cockney chav type)

Most NCFC fans don''t think we are a "big club", that''s why when any "big club" comes along waving a cheque book we usually roll over and give up our best players, we have a history of doing that for the last 30 years. However the facts are - we are a biiger club than Col U! So, put yourselves in our place, we are playing a team who get ave crowds of 5000. We average crowds of 25000. Your ground holds 10000, but you never fill it. We have an average away support of 2500, and more for games closer to the fine city of Norwich. Yo have a history of giving clubs with a lot of supporters extra tickets (Leeds Utd). Then, in a childish sulk because your ex Manager chose us over you (after being given permission to speak to Norwich by your club!) Col U throw their toys out of their pram and have a big sulk.

I''ll tell you what the problem is now - the profile for this game has been raised so high that I wouldn''t mind betting some of the squaddies who like a punch up in Colchester town centre every Sat night will have bought a ticket for this one. So in your home end you are going to have you lot, Norwich fans and neutrals just loking for a bit of sport. Well done.

And in your wildest imagination you cannot believe that getting rid of Lambert was a good thing, one day he will be going onto to bigger and better clubs than ours, but he''s the best Manager we have had in a long time.

[quote user="colufan"]

[quote user="kick it off"]
The stats don''t lie...

Look at the records with their current teams:

Lambert:
19 August 2009 - Played: 29 Won: 18 Drawn: 7 Lost: 4 Win percentage: 62.07%

Hoofroyd: 2 September 2009 - Played: 18 Won: 10 Drawn: 6 Lost: 2 Win percentage: 55.6%

Or in fact their entire managerial careers (including Lamberts diastrous spell at crisis hit Livingston which distorts the stats in Hoofy''s favour):

Lambert - Played: 212 Won: 86 Drawn: 50 Lost: 76 Win percentage: 40.7 Loss percentage: 23.5%

Lambert (minus Livingston tenure) - Played: 180 Won: 81 Drawn: 43 Lost: 56 Win percentage: 45% Loss percentage:  31.1%

Hoofroyd - Played: 194 Won: 75 Drawn: 57 Lost: 62 Win percentage: 42.6 Loss percentage: 35.2

Lambert is currently the best manager in our history statistically, and he is a better manager than Hoofy statiscally, and he is racking up the points and not only did we catch you, we overtook you and are chasing Leeds.
[/quote]

Stats are always interesting but they can tell many stories

Just a couple of points.

You have overtaken us - but only presently because we have games in hand. I''d rather have points in the bag but there is no reason we can''t win those games and that would put us level on points (and, of course, above you if we win on Saturday).

Aidy''s stats with us are P 21 W12 D6 L3  so a win percentage of 57.2, a slight improvement on your figures.

Plus if you can remove Lamberts Livingston stats - because they were crisis hit (although they came out of administration before Lambert took charge) then for the benefit of fair comparison you could also remove Boothroyds stats from when Watford were in the Premiership as they were arguably punching just as far above their weight as Livingston were, if not more so.

This would give Aidy a record of   151 games - 67 wins, 42 draws and 42 defeats. A win percentage of 44.4% (slightly down on Lambert''s 45%) and a loss percentage of 27.9% (just over 3% better than Lambert).

The fact is all the stats prove is that they are both good managers and are both doing a good job for their respective clubs.

[/quote]

very true, in which case what is all the fuss about? you''ve got a good Manager, we''ve got a good Manager, so why are your club sulking?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"] However the facts are - we are a biiger club than Col U! So, put yourselves in our place, we are playing a team who get ave crowds of 5000. We average crowds of 25000. Your ground holds 10000, but you never fill it. We have an average away support of 2500, and more for games closer to the fine city of Norwich. Yo have a history of giving clubs with a lot of supporters extra tickets (Leeds Utd). Then, in a childish sulk because your ex Manager chose us over you (after being given permission to speak to Norwich by your club!) Col U throw their toys out of their pram and have a big sulk.

[/quote]

Leeds are the only club we have given extra tickets to. We have played Charlton and our dear friends from Southend who all bring large numbers of away support and could have had extra tickets - particularly Southend who wanted more, and didn''t give them any. The size of our gate and the travelling fanbase of the visitors are irrelevant.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

very true, in which case what is all the fuss about? you''ve got a good Manager, we''ve got a good Manager, so why are your club sulking?

[/quote]

We''re not sulking, it''s how you choose to interpret it. The Chairman, and some fans, are angry that Norwich have not done what they should have done and paid compensation. That''s life and after the tribunal it will get paid. More than you wanted to pay and less than we asked for.

I''m sure your fans were angry when Mike Walker left for Everton, but you got what you were due. Probably the same when O''Neill left.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

We''re not sulking, it''s how you choose to interpret it. The Chairman, and some fans, are angry that Norwich have not done what they should have done and paid compensation. That''s life and after the tribunal it will get paid. More than you wanted to pay and less than we asked for.

I''m sure your fans were angry when Mike Walker left for Everton, but you got what you were due. Probably the same when O''Neill left.

[/quote]

yeah we were, we were angry at Robert Chase - OUR Chairman, Walker and O''Neil both left because of him, because of lack of transfer funds.

Even if we lose 5-0, I will stand there a proud supporter of my club because we have all realised that getting rid of Lambert was one of the best things that happend to our club

[/quote]If that''s true, maybe you should be giving us compensation.

I know a fair few people who didnt renew their season tickets because of Lambert, I''m sorry but did you see our home record last season, not only were we losing it was awful to watch. Oddly this went with our best away season but that was still a mixture of great games/awful games. I am another that didn''t like Lambert, his style or his man management.However, with the right resources (or spending when you don''t have any in your case) and with a good set of players in place (you had a good team at the start of the season other than the keeper) and adding a few I''m sure he will do well for you. The signs were there at the start of this season that the players we had bought over the summer could make a real difference.He will be a good manager in the future, he has a head start with you as I don''t think you had a ''bad'' team at the start of the season.The problem is like this, if you have your TV stolen, then you buy a replacement that is, in your eyes, better. Do you not want justice for the TV being stolen in the first place or is it, that''s fine, this one is better?And the tag of Hoofroyd is laughable. Yes we were like that when he first arrived, he had a team of players that were not his, he played that style and got the wins while sorting the team out. We now play a mixture and mostly on the ground, that''s what beat Southampton, he has put his stamp on the team. We may well play long ball against you to start with as it worked so well the first time, but, we can play good fluid passing footy as well.