Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Disallowed goal???

What on earth was that decision by the ref? i know it probably won''t be that important in the end, but i do not see any reason whatsoever why hoolahans rebound from the penalty breaches the rules, fully confused, i think the ref feels sorry for Colchester

The rule is that if the ball hits the post or bar the penalty taker cant have the next touch.If the keeper saves it then the taker can go for it. Strange rule but its been around for as long as I can remember.

Its because no other player touched the ballWes hit the bar, the ball came back to him and he scored.Another player has to touch the ball because its akin to him side footing it then toe punting it into the corner once the keeper has been sold

I''m scratching my head trying to figure that one out. Perhaps the referee has only ever refereed penalty shoot-outs before, so thought the rebound rule in shoot-outs still applies in actual play?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]didn''t it come off the keeper tho?[/quote]Dont know, if so then it was the wrong decision, but obviously the ref didnt think so. No mention of it on Radio Norfolk.

I think there is a rule for all set pieces that you cant touch the ball twice with anothe player on either side touching it. Its never an issue with most set pieces as you''d have to be pretty fast anyway!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Its because no other player touched the ballWes hit the bar, the ball came back to him and he scored.Another player has to touch the ball because its akin to him side footing it then toe punting it into the corner once the keeper has been sold[/quote]Exactly right.