Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Whitbread, Johnson, McNamee, R Martin

So will this be it or can we expect more signings by the end of January.

I personally am happy with these players but I have a feeling that Lambert won''t be finished yet.

For once it is nice to get some business done at the start of the window. This then allows us time to move people out now and bring in others if required, rather than a last minute rush.

[quote user="Wandsworth Canary"]For once it is nice to get some business done at the start of the window. This then allows us time to move people out now and bring in others if required, rather than a last minute rush.[/quote]

Being prudent waiting until the last min. meant we could get them cheap!! (or not at all)

Wasteing all this money on footballers when there are good roads to build and property to buy

Huh don''t know what this club is coming to!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Wandsworth Canary"]For once it is nice to get some business done at the start of the window. This then allows us time to move people out now and bring in others if required, rather than a last minute rush.[/quote]

Being prudent waiting until the last min. meant we could get them cheap!! (or not at all)

Wasteing all this money on footballers when there are good roads to build and property to buy

Huh don''t know what this club is coming to!

[/quote]

I think i''ve got it, they are actually turning us back into a football club and not a chain of restaurants and hotels

Good point. Great to see this for a change.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I don''t think we need any more so unless anyone leaves expect that to be it.[/quote]AgreedSquad looks complete now, 2 decent players in every position and a glut of versatile midfielders giving us various formation options. Maybe get Seaborne in case Spillane doesnt get back to full fitness. But to now look at the squad and it looks very very strong and healthy indeed.GK - Forster, RuddRB - Martin, Otsemobor, SpillaneCB - Doc, Askou, Whitbread, Nelson, SpillaneLB - Drury, Lappin, WhigginsDM - Russell, Adeyemi, GillAM - Smith, Hughes, Hoolahan, Tudor-JonesRM - McNamee, McVeighLM - Lappin, McNameeST - Holt, Martin, Cody, Johnsonthe future''s bright, the future''s yellow (and green)....

Nice one Lambert

Sorry, didn''t read this thread before starting another one. My bad.

I''d like Adomah from Barnet to be honest, looks pretty nifty.

[quote user="Curious Canary"]Sorry, didn''t read this thread before starting another one. My bad. I''d like Adomah from Barnet to be honest, looks pretty nifty.[/quote]

Adomah or Joel Grant from Crewe to give us options down the wing and would defo be signing Barnard upfront, because if he moves elsewhere then we would be lucky to get a striker of equal quality for 4 times the price that is being put on his head at the moment.

I am happy with the signings so far, but would be over the moon if Lambert could get two of the above players in the bag.  I think this would all but guarantee us promotion and give us a strong footing to build on for Championship football next year.

I never thought I''d see the day, a positive and sensible comment from Smudger, bravo that man.Not heard of that lad from Crewe but I definitely agree that we should get Barnard if we can and some cover for Holt.Unfortunately that would probably mean the end of Cody though. As much as we all like him, it just doesn''t look like it''s going to work out for him does it?I''m more than happy with the four signings made and once Lambo gets rid of the dead wood we''ll be well set to build a Championship squad, but then we will have to set our sights on higher calibre players.Let''s worry about actually getting back to the Championship first I suppose, but Lambo clearly feels confident that we''re going up!