Sign in to follow this  
Suffolk exile

Season ticket prices

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol and also, all the direct debit payments add up to the total price of the ticket, they don''t make it any cheaper.[/quote]

Quite agree,but it makes it easier for a lot of people, including myself, I only live on my pension, and savings, I sold my house when I retired and the horses are mostly out on loan, I only have 9 that are housed in livery but they are being looked after by other people, I just do the bad penny bit now and keep turning up un-announced, No Morty I''m not wealthy just careful

[/quote]Yeah, you sound really hard up.Thankyou for you slightly patronising advice though.[Y]

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I think its enevitable with all the talk of big debts and Norwich looking like they could be in the Championship next season, that season ticket prices will go up!

But remember our ticket prices even with £40-£50 put on them will still be cheaper than most other clubs.

Also remember if you pay on the day its much more expensive as well!

I just hope the board realise that our big crowds are partly because of  affordable prices and don''t silly with the increases!

[/quote]

I think if they continue with the 12mth D D a lot of fans would''nt mind as it would only work out as an £8 or£10 a month,for the £100 increase, and as it''s already been said wev''e had it cheap here for years.  

[/quote]

Speak for yourself, I have 3 season tickets to buy, and like I said earlier, times are hard for some of us!

That said, if prices were put up I (like most of us) would have a moan about it but ultimately would find the money from somewhere!
[/quote]

Not been on here long have you, I have 6 ST to pay for, although 4 of them are under 16s, so I do speak for myself.

[/quote]

No one HAS to pay for 6 season tickets.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol and also, all the direct debit payments add up to the total price of the ticket, they don''t make it any cheaper.
[/quote]

Quite agree,but it makes it easier for a lot of people, including myself, I only live on my pension, and savings, I sold my house when I retired and the horses are mostly out on loan, I only have 9 that are housed in livery but they are being looked after by other people, I just do the bad penny bit now and keep turning up un-announced, No Morty I''m not wealthy just careful

[/quote]

Yeah, you sound really hard up.

Thankyou for you slightly patronising advice though.

[Y]
[/quote]

Sorry mate wasn''t intended sorry if it sounded that way.

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol and also, all the direct debit payments add up to the total price of the ticket, they don''t make it any cheaper.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, you sound really hard up.Thankyou for you slightly patronising advice though.[Y][/quote]

Sorry mate wasn''t intended sorry if it sounded that way.

[/quote]Apology accepted. My original point was that I could not afford to pay much more than I already do and I''m sure my situation isn''t uncommon.The average pay in Norfolk is almost the lowest in the country, I remember seeing that the average wage here is about 12k.So whereas you obviously have no problem with all your season tickets, theres a very real possability that a lot more people will have.

[quote user="First Wizard"]ST prices don''t affect me, but I''d happily pay a 100% increase on my membership.[/quote]

How much is your membership Wiz?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]ST prices don''t affect me, but I''d happily pay a 100% increase on my membership.[/quote]

[/quote]

£10 Nutty..........and thats a joke of a price.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

£10 Nutty..........and thats a joke of a price.

[/quote]

I''d happil;y pay a tenner increase on my ST ticket too. It would still be cheaper than last seasons.

Look here folks, I realise that I''m a fountain of knowledge and many of you rely on my contribution here, but I''m not a member of staff at the Citizens Advice Bureau, and there will surely come a time when I have to stop giving you this stuff for free:Consider the fact that if Newcastle and West Brom both go up as seems likely, then next season all teams not getting parachute money (including those promoted from Division Three) would be entitled to the parachute money that the former would usually receive.That would likely be worth something in the region of a couple of million quid to every side in the Second tier.So with that in mind I would say that a 10% increase for tickets would suffice.

[quote user="Shyster"]Look here folks, I realise that I''m a fountain of knowledge and many of you rely on my contribution here, but I''m not a member of staff at the Citizens Advice Bureau, and there will surely come a time when I have to stop giving you this stuff for free:Consider the fact that if Newcastle and West Brom both go up as seems likely, then next season all teams not getting parachute money (including those promoted from Division Three) would be entitled to the parachute money that the former would usually receive.That would likely be worth something in the region of a couple of million quid to every side in the Second tier.So with that in mind I would say that a 10% increase for tickets would suffice.[/quote]

Quite agree, however the kids prices must be hitting the club commercially ( I do pay for two of these before I get stick ). Aseason ticket for our two lads in the lower Barclay cost I beleive about £80 each. Economically you would only need to fill this seat 3 - 4 times a year with an adult to get the same revenue. It is a toss up of making the same money with a full house or make thesame money with 20000, and if we do well guess what we sell out every week even at higher prices. If Doncaster would have looked after our money that would be fine but Mcnally has the difficult balance of putting things right and keeping everyone happy. Personally I think there will be a 20% increase and childrens tickets increased to £150. Away from home ( odd away game deals on ) we normally have to pay £12ish for our 5 year old

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="Shyster"]Look here folks, I realise that I''m a fountain of knowledge and many of you rely on my contribution here, but I''m not a member of staff at the Citizens Advice Bureau, and there will surely come a time when I have to stop giving you this stuff for free:Consider the fact that if Newcastle and West Brom both go up as seems likely, then next season all teams not getting parachute money (including those promoted from Division Three) would be entitled to the parachute money that the former would usually receive.That would likely be worth something in the region of a couple of million quid to every side in the Second tier.So with that in mind I would say that a 10% increase for tickets would suffice.[/quote]

Quite agree, however the kids prices must be hitting the club commercially ( I do pay for two of these before I get stick ). Aseason ticket for our two lads in the lower Barclay cost I beleive about £80 each. Economically you would only need to fill this seat 3 - 4 times a year with an adult to get the same revenue. It is a toss up of making the same money with a full house or make thesame money with 20000, and if we do well guess what we sell out every week even at higher prices. If Doncaster would have looked after our money that would be fine but Mcnally has the difficult balance of putting things right and keeping everyone happy. Personally I think there will be a 20% increase and childrens tickets increased to £150. Away from home ( odd away game deals on ) we normally have to pay £12ish for our 5 year old[/quote]

Yeah, I think there should be a 20% increase too, I was just trying to keep people like morty happy.It''s tough being a single parent.

Sounds like a 20% increase is not out of the question for most of us. If you have a job things are not actually too bad if you consider taxes and interest rates are lower than they will be in coming years. If they are going to do it this is the year considering how rosy things are looking. The point about the DD scheme is true - it helps people sign up when it may otherwise be hard to find or justify the one off payment. I hope they keep this. I take morty''s point about building for the future - but first and foremost we need a successful product and solvent club to hand on to future generations!

The reason I raised this is because I tried to get a couple of extra tickets a couple of days before Exeter. None at all in lower Barclay and none together in the whole ground. So the club missed out on 40 quid or so revenue in this one instance. And this is against Exeter (no disrespect) and when everyone is skint just after Christmas. There must be scope to increase revenue.

Our gate receipts have been static at £8 million for the past 5 years. Main reason - with relegation difficult to increase prices.

Just taking inflation into account over the 5 year period,you could say they should be £10million next season i.e 25% increase. Many will say too much but the Club''s outgoings exceed income by £5million so the difference has got to be found from somewhere. I would imagine the Directors (and the corporate lenders) are praying for promotion so that such an increase can be reasonably justified.As a matter of interest based on present gate receipts and attendances the average ticket price is £14 per game. Based on a 25% increase this would mean £17.50 average.

I currently pay £9 (OAP) for most games which I consider to be cheap, certainly when you take into account the entertaining football seen at the moment. I would be prepared to pay up to £15 but I accept everybodys circumstances are different.

In the present situation some strong positive action has to be taken and I am confident McNally will deal with it.

Football in general and finances in particular are in a shambles.One begs the question what have the Football League and FA doing about it over recent years. Answer - very little or nothing.

[quote user="vos"]Our gate receipts have been static at £8 million for the past 5 years. Main reason - with relegation difficult to increase prices. [/quote]

....or we were playing such poor football (until Lambert took over) that you have to be careful that people dont start thinking about the poor value for money they were receiving.