Sign in to follow this  
W-H

Official Theo tribute thread

Look I''ve got nothing against Michael personally and if in the unlikely event that he does stay at Carrow Road and in the even unlikelier event that he plays in goal, I will support him. Probably through clenched teeth (and buttocks) and with closed eyes - but I suspect that will be the same for him. As far as his surname is concerned, I think you''ll find that it isn''t "Theo" and my play on his name was more disablist (for which I apologise if I caused offence) than xenophobic.

He was unlucky to have a debut with only one player in front of him having a reasonable game (Wes) and the rest having howlers - the failings were well documented on this forum. Has anyone ever come across someone having a worse first day at the office and then keeping their job?

Just a thought - Forster at Newcastle, Rudd injured, Steer doing his GCSEs .. it''s penalties in the playoff final against Southampton .. whose in goal? C''mon Cody 

[quote user="Fair dinkum"]Firstly, Melbourne Heart at this stage have denied having any discussion with either Norwich or Theo.  And Theo has denied he''s going back - at this stage.

The sentiment on this thread is quite pathetic.  Talk about whipping boy - is this what supporting your club is all about?  Theo had a shocker in a game in which the entire Norwich defence had a shocker.  His failure to turn up to the Gillingham fixture was inexcusable, and he copped the bollocking from his manager that was deserved.  However, even the boss''s comments at the time after speaking to Theo confirm that he was prepared to forgive.  Theo has clearly struggled to get back into contention and with a good run lately the manager isn''t about to change a winning formation.

It seems that another of Theo''s unforgivable sins on these boards is that he happens to have a surname that is different to that of the average Norwich City supporter.  In some places, but presumably not within the confines of Carrow Road and environs, that attitude would be termed xenophobic. 
[/quote]

have a safe trip back Theo thanks for the post though!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Fair dinkum"]Firstly, Melbourne Heart at this stage have denied having any discussion with either Norwich or Theo.  And Theo has denied he''s going back - at this stage.

The sentiment on this thread is quite pathetic.  Talk about whipping boy - is this what supporting your club is all about?  Theo had a shocker in a game in which the entire Norwich defence had a shocker.  His failure to turn up to the Gillingham fixture was inexcusable, and he copped the bollocking from his manager that was deserved.  However, even the boss''s comments at the time after speaking to Theo confirm that he was prepared to forgive.  Theo has clearly struggled to get back into contention and with a good run lately the manager isn''t about to change a winning formation.

It seems that another of Theo''s unforgivable sins on these boards is that he happens to have a surname that is different to that of the average Norwich City supporter.  In some places, but presumably not within the confines of Carrow Road and environs, that attitude would be termed xenophobic. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

He hasn''t gone, keep up!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

neither''s Simon whaley.. still think he will be here in a few weeks?

He hasn''t gone, keep up!

[/quote]

Thank god for Kevin Keelan and Fair Dinkum. I thought i was the only one finding this post slightly uncomfortable to read.

I can''t imagine what this whole chapter has been like for him.

The other thing that amazes me though is that Gunn was the man who brought him in. You would have thought that of all the signing Bryan Gunn, goalkeeping legend, would make, he''d get this one right! Maybe Crooky had more of a say in it.

It has now been confirmed by the Norwich

website that Theoklitos has signed a two-year deal with the club, with

manager Bryan Gunn confirming the goalkeeper was his “number one

target”."Michael has always been the number one target this summer, so obviously I''m delighted he''s put pen to paper,” Gunn told www.canaries.co.uk.“Although

other clubs were interested in trying to sign Michael he wanted to come

and play for us and that is the kind of passion and commitment to

Norwich City which I''m looking for in my players.”

Thanks Gunny, you prat!