Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Is the NCFC board ready, willing and able?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

So to follow that through then T are you saying that the Directors have invested in land, restaurants etc and NOT in the core business of the club?

That the club would not be sustainable even without the millions spent on land and in the support of that land.

That the money taken from Chase''s land deals has been used to finance other land deals less profitable or stagnant or loss making.

Interesting. I am also waiting to see the makeup of the alledged 8.5 million spent "on the playing side" last season and what that covered in total. As an (I assume) accountant you must also await the latest accounts with not inconsiderable interest.

[/quote]

Indeed Butler! Wouldn''t it be a rum''un if the new Chairman was caught out spinning the facts so early in his tenure[:^)]

[/quote]

Like "I have no wish or intention of joining the board" Quote.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

So to follow that through then T are you saying that the Directors have invested in land, restaurants etc and NOT in the core business of the club?

That the club would not be sustainable even without the millions spent on land and in the support of that land.

That the money taken from Chase''s land deals has been used to finance other land deals less profitable or stagnant or loss making.

Interesting. I am also waiting to see the makeup of the alledged 8.5 million spent "on the playing side" last season and what that covered in total. As an (I assume) accountant you must also await the latest accounts with not inconsiderable interest.

[/quote]

Indeed Butler! Wouldn''t it be a rum''un if the new Chairman was caught out spinning the facts so early in his tenure[:^)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s him done for already then. And McNally and Lambert by association!

Lapp... where are you, where are you, LET''S BE ''AVIN'' YOU...

Because....

We''re doomed I tell ya ... DOOMED[H]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Butler - given that Deloitte came out and said last year in their report that all championship clubs are dependent directly on hand-outs from their owners, why would you suspect that Norwich would be any different ?[/quote]

Because I have never agreed with sweeping statements.

Every company/person club is different. They may or may not have had a good crop of players to sell.

They might not have had the foresight too invest in land when it was cheap and sell when it was higher.

Most certainly many of them do not have 24,000 supporters each home game and 19,000 plus season ticket holders.

No other league clubs within 40plus miles etc etc.

On last look (their figures not mine) DS/MWJ had invested 11mil in thirteen years so on that basis they were funding at less than a million a year.(still a lot) Now how much has been put into non return making investments?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because....

[/quote]

McNally and Lambert associated with the Chairman. Now that''s an original thought. So nothing to do with the other board members then.

Still I suppose he is entitled to change his mind.

And there was me thinking that all clubs meant all clubs.[quote]On last look (their figures not mine) DS/MWJ had invested 11mil in

thirteen years so on that basis they were funding at less than a

million a year.(still a lot) Now how much has been put into non return

making investments?[/quote]You don''t seriously expect an answer to that question, do you Butler... [:)]

How many clubs have the size of overheads that we have?  Remember that constructive thread about the near £10m difference in cost base between Preston and NCFC. Now £2.5m - £3m of the difference was due to our catering operation and some of the rest was due to us having a larger player budget (and look where that got us!) however that still left us with a big difference due to overheads.

While some of the difference in overheads is due to NCFC having bigger gates some of the overheads are not. We are no longer a Premiership club and I trust Mr.  McNally is looking at this aspect!

Cranky Yankey - Have a nice day.  Enjoy Obama!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because....

[/quote]

McNally and Lambert associated with the Chairman. Now that''s an original thought. So nothing to do with the other board members then.

[/quote]

Well I let''s look at the facts as we know them since relegation. (And note the order of events)

1. Munby and Doncaster resign.

2. Gunn is appointed manager by the remaining board.

3. Bowkett Mcnally and the paperboy are appointed tpo the board.

4. Gunn is sacked and Lambert takes over.

Who do you associate with what[:^)]

Do you reckon he''ll change his mind as often as Wiz[:^)]

[;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]And there was me thinking that all clubs meant all clubs.

[quote]On last look (their figures not mine) DS/MWJ had invested 11mil in thirteen years so on that basis they were funding at less than a million a year.(still a lot) Now how much has been put into non return making investments?[/quote]

You don''t seriously expect an answer to that question, do you Butler... [:)]
[/quote]

No I don''t expect an answer from you, as I can''t give one to you!

The devil as always is in the detail. Some obviously made bigger losses than others. What was the range of loss?

-1p is a loss as is -10 million. Therefore the average loss is?

Statistics produced by firms of accountants are the worst of all[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I let''s look at the facts as we know them since relegation. (And note the order of events)

1. Munby and Doncaster resign.

2. Gunn is appointed manager by the remaining board.

3. Bowkett Mcnally and the paperboy are appointed to the board.

4. Gunn is sacked and Lambert takes over.

Who do you associate with what[:^)]

Do you reckon he''ll change his mind as often as Wiz[:^)]

[;)]

[/quote]

1  cannot be right because 2 would then have been illegal (carefull). McNally was not appointed to the board until later.(They said)

It''s unlike you to get your facts wrong[:D]

You see Nutty there is the problem. It is now stated that everything is a board decision. So on my count there are 6 board members so he might not have wanted Lambert and still he arrived. Just like DS/MWJ may not have wanted BG got rid of.(Comments at the City slickers meeting)

We are told it is majority rule.

I have no idea who decides what. All I am saying is that he is a man who CAN change his mind![;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Butler my friend...

Do you own a season ticket for the Mad Hatters Tea Party[:^)]

[/quote]

Not unless I borrowed (or is that burrowed!) it from you Nutty.

Do you keep a posting[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Butler my friend...

Do you own a season ticket for the Mad Hatters Tea Party[:^)]

[/quote]

Not unless I borrowed (or is that burrowed!) it from you Nutty.

Do you keep a posting[:D]

[/quote]

I just read your post again and I like the idea of choosing which board members vote for what.

One person one vote we are given to understand.

Do you think there are many score draws? (Perhaps I should ask Astro that question[;)])

[quote user="T"]did someone say NCFC had purchased some land? really? did that happen recently? is it news?  or is someone being incredibly boring? Just as property prices go down so they will go up again at which point NCFC will be better placed than clubs that do not have any assets they can realise. In the meantime I''m sure everyone would like to know if the NCISA has anything constructive to offer or ideas to raise finance rather than just the constant whining.[/quote]

We''re fuggin skint.....accept it, instesad of trying to poo poo it off - and attempt to make light of it....

Mr Mac our current CE, said the finances are dire.....I prefer to accept his comment, as opposed to yours.....Or, are you calling him a liar?

[quote user="T"]So tangy confirms he is just whinging about the past and has nothing constructive to offer.[/quote]

He''s more constructive in his offerings, than your contribution of attempting to build an NCFC mansion out of half a dozen well chewed lego bricks....and you don''t whinge, do you?

Maybe because some folk (who with their fag packet and pencil) are probably more close to the mark concerning the accounts and finances, that you find it uncomfortable ( I still think you''re connected to Carra) and attempt to divert and detract from the issue being discussed.

Either way, we are skint.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="T"]So tangy confirms he is just whinging about the past and has nothing constructive to offer.[/quote]

He''s more constructive in his offerings, than your contribution of attempting to build an NCFC mansion out of half a dozen well chewed lego bricks....and you don''t whinge, do you?

Maybe because some folk (who with their fag packet and pencil) are probably more close to the mark concerning the accounts and finances, that you find it uncomfortable ( I still think you''re connected to Carra) and attempt to divert and detract from the issue being discussed.

[/quote]

Paranoid or what? No one speak positively about NCFC folks, colin will have you down as one of Delia''s mercenaries.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr Bowkett was criticical of the previous board.....then becomes Chairman? Get your enemies onside....maybe?

Still don''t know what the Archant blokes contribution is?....

Because our local press loved the club, and wouldn''t print a bad word about NCFC....much.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Paranoid or what? No one speak positively about NCFC folks, colin will have you down as one of Delia''s mercenaries.

[/quote]

I wondered how long it would be.....and I didn''t have to wait long.

I''m certainly not paranoid.....although, I do think that you are. "Maggotio Forcefedio"

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m certainly not paranoid.....although, I do think that you are. "Maggotio Forcefedio"

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

ha...

ha ha...

ha.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

ha...

ha ha...

ha.

[/quote]

Yahay!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because....

We''re doomed I tell ya ... DOOMED[H][/quote]

Wishes and intentions can legitimately change from day to day - but not formal accounts. So, done for?

(Of course if you have 8.5 and 9.5 tucked away in that old bingo bag ready to be whipped out at any convenient port then wheeee.....!!) 

Patience; time answers all things. Well, most.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]Congratulations Mello, you have finally accused everyone in this forum of working for Delia.  Well everyone but Smudger and Freebie City FC that is.  Who are probably your cousins for all I know.If T was really working for them, he would know how "dire" the finances were, wouldn''t he ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Congratulations Mello, you have finally accused everyone in this forum of working for Delia.  Well everyone but Smudger and Freebie City FC that is.  Who are probably your cousins for all I know.

If T was really working for them, he would know how "dire" the finances were, wouldn''t he ?
[/quote]

Divnah  knar whit yez talkin aboot yah borin'' tossah.....Arz justa fat Geordie.....(apparently). Oh, and tomorrow, I''ll be a binner......(probably)....

Well, this forum is quite evidently divided....I know where I sit.....and you sit where you sit.....

I''m not really a binner, or a fat Geordie....Are you a borin'' tossah though?....(apparently)....(probably)....

[/quote]

Mello Yello,

Its noticeable how T appears when certain subjects are being discussed .........he then tries to smother the discussion. So predictable!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Mr Bowkett was criticical of the previous board.....then becomes Chairman? Get your enemies onside....maybe?

Still don''t know what the Archant blokes contribution is?....

Because our local press loved the club, and wouldn''t print a bad word about NCFC....much.

[/quote]

Well you know a lot more than me. I don''t know what any of their contributions are. Either financial or otherwise. All I know is Bowkett did a web chat. Foulger matched the unclaimed rebate money. And Delia has been working on a book apparently to help shore up the finances.

Before you ask I have no evidence for any of this.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

T,

If you are bored then may I suggest you stop reading this thread.

Bye, bye!

[/quote]

Well said Tangy.

''T'' keeps using this "Royal WE" when matters at the Madejski Stadium should be more of a concern to him surely???

[quote user="City1st"]Blimey, smudger''s found someone to lie for him "The first link Smudger gave you took you to a page of a thread where the above link was given. That is sufficent evidence for any reasonable person. Therefore Smudger is correct." err, no Smiudger''s smear were NOT about what funds were available but whether the board would back the manager. " less than two months after Swindon rejected City''s offer" I think you''ll find that was AFTER the transfer window closed so they could not have joined us. In fact I believe that Lambert''s comments at the time were that both clubs were asking ridiculous prices. Of course the curious might ask where City had ANY money to make a bid if Smudger''s lies were true. If they had money to make a bid then, they would still have that money for a loanee(s). So you''ve not answered to point about smudgers lie of there not being money. No proof of not backing Lambert either. Either there was money available and he made abid so the backing was there or there was not money and so they could only back him with what was available. Finally the old tosh about frustration - maybe we could let Lambert speak " and it''s something I am not going to go on about ". So no proof, no quotes, nothing other than the usual lies and smears. And here''s a suggestion try reading the post before you bleat on here again Tangi.[/quote]

Clearly they are not able to offer Lambert enough money to sign two of his suggested targets in McNamee and Seaborne and so Lambert has vented his disappointment with regards to the shortage of cash in the local press (on more than one occaision recently).  Of course Archant haven''t made much of a big deal over this as they do not want to rock the boat.  It surprises me that they have the gaul to call any of their remaining employees reporters these days. When was the last time any of these guys came up with an actual story before we hadn''t already got the news days/weeks/months in advance???

Hardly signs of harmony between manager and boardroom I am sure you will agree???

It is clear to all but dumb individuals like yourself, that Lambert has less than £100k to spend on any one individual player.  Lambert knows that he is unlikely to be able to strenghten the squad which he has inherited without him either being able to get ridiculous money for selling a player he already has, or unless those in the boardroom increase the paltry budget that they have given him to sort out the mess created by our majority shareholders and Mr Gunn over the summer months & the back end of last season.

So based on the evidence that we have City1st is assuming that approx £50k is enough for Lambert to bring in a Loanee of suitable quality for a few months who may make a difference to the result of our campaign come the end of the season?  If that is the case then thank god Lambert is keeping this small change in the bank, because as Cam keeps reminding us, we will need this shrapnel to pay off Colchester Utd for putting right another one of our marvellous majority shareholding duos mistakes made this summer.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Yes, he absolutely does. He prefers to pretend that he''s clever ( although, of course, that''s delusional for Tangy and most of us when only looking to the past to service our "clever" need ) rather than get into some serious thought regarding what we should do going forward. It''s why most of us hang out on a message board rather than using our intelligence to get into positions that can influence decisions going forward. Many of us recognise that. Tangy seems to have difficulty recognising it.  

[/quote]

As opposed to the clueless few who find themselves in power only to lead us to the mess that we find oursleves in today???

Priceless!!! [:$]

[quote user="T"]The football side as you call it does not make enough money as you would put it: ncfc had a competitive budget last year according to the chairman and is also clearly competing this year - the shortfall is being made up by the owners. They and the banks have affectively financedd the land in the hope of making the club competitive in the future without constant cash injections from the owners. Given that the fans do not contribute enough - how would you fund the shortfall?[/quote]

How much have Smith & Jones put in this year then T?

If memory serves me correctly the shortfall was made up by Mr Foulger and the Fans yet again.  But being a Reading fan you would not be able to grasp those simple facts about Norwich City FC would you???

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Mello Yello,

Its noticeable how T appears when certain subjects are being discussed .........he then tries to smother the discussion. So predictable!

[/quote]

He''ll vanish like scotch mist if you ask him to defend the board''s use of a short term loan to fund a long term project (the LSE land) . . . equally predictable! [;)]