[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="The Colonel"]there are 4 of them! all that way in a car boot, i''d take the bus any day![/quote]

I believe four coaches went to Carlisle and we had just over 1,000 there.[/quote]Blimey. They must have been big coaches![:^)]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="The Colonel"]there are 4 of them! all that way in a car boot, i''d take the bus any day![/quote]

I believe four coaches went to Carlisle and we had just over 1,000 there.[/quote]Blimey. They must have been big coaches![:^)]

[quote user="McCanary"]What`s the relevance of cabbages? racked my brains and can`t decipher this one lol[/quote]

i was trying to think of this. seems weird to compare a coach to a cabbage lol

Club Canary was many years ago christened ''club cabbage'', as a reference to the kind of people who tend to populate said coaches!

Thank you...now you mention it, I have heard this before...but a very long time ago.[:D]

[quote user="glove1"]

went past the cabbage buses to leeds on A47 earlier and there were only 2 of them.... would have thought there would have been more if we have sold so many tickets??

i would rather go in a car boot to leeds than on cabbage!! lol

[/quote]

hey, stop being nasty. I used to drive those coaches!!!

I think what''s mostly ignored is how much of City''s away support is fans who live nearby.

For many reasons i was able to get to both the Yeovil and Exeter games (staying with a relative). Most I spoke to were from Bristol and other south west places.

I''m not decrying our wonderful support at home and away but most commentators always talk of fans travelling from Norfolk with no acknowledgement to those who use such games as one of the few chances to see the team.

[quote user="City1st"]I think what''s mostly ignored is how much of City''s away support is fans who live nearby.

For many reasons i was able to get to both the Yeovil and Exeter games (staying with a relative). Most I spoke to were from Bristol and other south west places.

I''m not decrying our wonderful support at home and away but most commentators always talk of fans travelling from Norfolk with no acknowledgement to those who use such games as one of the few chances to see the team.[/quote]i agree, i am now about to leave the house, and i will still manage to get a pint in

[quote user="A change gonna come..."]Club Canary was many years ago christened ''club cabbage'', as a reference to the kind of people who tend to populate said coaches![/quote]Yes, loyal away supporters rather than stop at home armchair supporters.