Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Roy Keane sweepstake

[quote user="City1st"]

Why would Evans ''call in his money'' - rather like a pimp keeping a cheap hooker going as long as there''s any chance of turning a few more tricks ?

He''s on a nice little earner. Large up to date stadium, training ground and all for £3.9m - which he still has as he owns the part that the £3.9m was lent to ! ! !

He can cop £580,000 per year off the prefence shares and watch the original debt mount up as the interest accrues. So any income generated can be syphoned off whilst what remains can be offset against any tax liabilty in the group.

And the simple minded dimwits of suffolk still can''t understand why they are stuck at the bottom of the league whilst their grubby little club is being milked for every penny the asset stripper can have away. Any wonder that he doesn''t want to show his face

The shee ite will hit the fan (literally in their case) at some point. Then the real fun will start !

[/quote]You know what, they''ll be a lot of Norwich fans sitting there rubbing their hands with glee at what you''ve just written.  I sincerely hope this is not the case though.  Yes they got away without any real punishment before, but would we really want to see Ipswich in such a position again, and in real terms in a potentially club ending position?I for one would not want this to happen, ever.  However much I dislike Ipswich, I think at the base of it we all have a perverted fondness for the club, same for Ipswich fans with Norwich.  If either club was to go bust, then it would not just be the case of fans moving on, we''d both feel like there was something missing completely from our whole reason of support.  Yes, I''d love Ipswich to go down, and I love seeing them struggle, but I also love our rivalry, and I would never want to see them in a position where they may no longer exist.

What is not correct you worry youtrself about m- the accuracy or the statement or our fans rubbing their hands wity glee at the impending demise of the binners ? Sometying I never actually stated.

All the stuff I posted is freely out their in the public domain, you can easy access it on the internet. Try checking the shareholders letter sent out by old redchops. It expalins it all.

The  binners have always lived by being propped by others. "oooooh look at us, we are punching above our weight". Nope you had two upper class dipsos (the Cobbolds) bailing you out. Times when a few thousand could make all the difference. Stuck in this feudalistic timewarp they next apppointed a grade A silly ass with incredibly limited talents who promptly ran up debts of £8m to get them into the Premiership, Again a fair sum in those days. A glance around the grubby little ground it was soon realised that they woud have to make som drastic improvements. Why not borrow the maximum, clear the debts and built two new stands. The rest is history.

What is not so readily talked of is the £25m they weaselled out of paying NU, the millions they cheated local traders and the taxman. A fair sum that is well in excess of £30m with another £8.1m loaned by Evans to prop them up. Imagine where we might be if we had access to that kind of money. Imagine where they would be if they had actually PAID back some of that money - 5 points adrift might look like a good prospect.

If they float about in the lower leagues for a few seasons then so be it, no more than they deserve. They lived on othere people''s money for so long that I doubt many genuine City fans will care two hoots if they are made to pay back some of thieved money.

Anyway back to the dogwalker and when will he get the boot ?

ps please keep this post on topic, thank you

[quote user="City1st"]

What is not correct you worry youtrself about m- the accuracy or the statement or our fans rubbing their hands wity glee at the impending demise of the binners ? Sometying I never actually stated.

All the stuff I posted is freely out their in the public domain, you can easy access it on the internet. Try checking the shareholders letter sent out by old redchops. It expalins it all.

The  binners have always lived by being propped by others. "oooooh look at us, we are punching above our weight". Nope you had two upper class dipsos (the Cobbolds) bailing you out. Times when a few thousand could make all the difference. Stuck in this feudalistic timewarp they next apppointed a grade A silly ass with incredibly limited talents who promptly ran up debts of £8m to get them into the Premiership, Again a fair sum in those days. A glance around the grubby little ground it was soon realised that they woud have to make som drastic improvements. Why not borrow the maximum, clear the debts and built two new stands. The rest is history.

What is not so readily talked of is the £25m they weaselled out of paying NU, the millions they cheated local traders and the taxman. A fair sum that is well in excess of £30m with another £8.1m loaned by Evans to prop them up. Imagine where we might be if we had access to that kind of money. Imagine where they would be if they had actually PAID back some of that money - 5 points adrift might look like a good prospect.

If they float about in the lower leagues for a few seasons then so be it, no more than they deserve. They lived on othere people''s money for so long that I doubt many genuine City fans will care two hoots if they are made to pay back some of thieved money.

Anyway back to the dogwalker and when will he get the boot ?

ps please keep this post on topic, thank you

[/quote]What?  I don''t understand your first paragraph.  I wasn''t having a dig, I was just saying I wouldn''t want this to happen to Ipswich.  And now because of that I am not a genuine fan?  I think you need to look at yourself and imagine what it would be like without Ipswich.  Who would we despise etc?  Think about it logically, you wouldn''t want Ipswich to go bust.

"What is not so readily talked of is the £25m they weaselled out of paying NU,"

How many f*cking times - they STILL OWE THAT DEBT, it''s just NU offloaded it to someone else, meaning that Ipswich STILL OWE THAT DEBT to the someone else that is was offloaded to.

NU thought they were too much of a risk, and offloaded the risk, to a third party willing to take on that risk. The debt still exists.

Ncfcstar where did I state that you were not a City fan ? You really need to stop making up stuff and replying to it and respond to what has been posted. As to the scum''s existence I couldn''t give a flying fart. I support City to watch footballl........... not hate someone.

First Jedi. I''m not sure what your point is other than to state the bleedin obvious. It''s pretty much known that the binners still owe the original £25m. My point was that as they had avoided making the payments they had been living on a very false financial footing ie had they had done the decent thing and kept up the payments then it''s highly likely that they would have dropped into League (or further) a few seasons back. So all their infantile squeaking about the ''mighty'' town should be taken in that context.

Now can we get back on thread to the impending departure of the angry young dog walker

[quote user="City1st"]

Ncfcstar where did I state that you were not a City fan ? You really need to stop making up stuff and replying to it and respond to what has been posted. As to the scum''s existence I couldn''t give a flying fart. I support City to watch footballl........... not hate someone.

[/quote]So basically our rivalry means nothing to you and therefore the thread  you started in the first place is football.  Of course you care about Ipswich otherwise you would never have started this thread.You also need to think before you type then, because you stated the genuine city fans would not care about Ipswich, the genuine was also underlined.  If this is not a dig at my post then why the emphasis?  I am not making anything up thank you very much, and I was just querying what you had posted previously, a lot of which I could not understand because of it''s structure.And like I said earlier, Keane will be out on Halloween.

Just read in the EDP that Roy Keane has a personal fortune of £27m. No wonder he finds its so easy to walk away from clubs.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="City1st"]

Why would Evans ''call in his money'' - rather like a pimp keeping a cheap hooker going as long as there''s any chance of turning a few more tricks ?

He''s on a nice little earner. Large up to date stadium, training ground and all for £3.9m - which he still has as he owns the part that the £3.9m was lent to ! ! !

He can cop £580,000 per year off the prefence shares and watch the original debt mount up as the interest accrues. So any income generated can be syphoned off whilst what remains can be offset against any tax liabilty in the group.

And the simple minded dimwits of suffolk still can''t understand why they are stuck at the bottom of the league whilst their grubby little club is being milked for every penny the asset stripper can have away. Any wonder that he doesn''t want to show his face

The shee ite will hit the fan (literally in their case) at some point. Then the real fun will start !

[/quote]

You know what, they''ll be a lot of Norwich fans sitting there rubbing their hands with glee at what you''ve just written.  I sincerely hope this is not the case though.  Yes they got away without any real punishment before, but would we really want to see Ipswich in such a position again, and in real terms in a potentially club ending position?

I for one would not want this to happen, ever.  However much I dislike Ipswich, I think at the base of it we all have a perverted fondness for the club, same for Ipswich fans with Norwich.  If either club was to go bust, then it would not just be the case of fans moving on, we''d both feel like there was something missing completely from our whole reason of support.  Yes, I''d love Ipswich to go down, and I love seeing them struggle, but I also love our rivalry, and I would never want to see them in a position where they may no longer exist.
[/quote]

I agree with what City1st has written Star and while I''m not exactly rubbing my hands with glee I am feeling slightly smug and contented. Our club is facing problems now just like we faced them in the 90''s. Once again we are facing up to those problems like men, standing together to get out of trouble. ipswich always look for a quick fix whether it be an alleged events managing arms dealer or robbing local businesses by going into administration and coming out scot-free.

But I am rubbing my hands with glee over the City Fans who can''t resist holding ipswich up as an example to our club. Those who continually used them as a stick to beat our club with last season, those who were wetting their knickers over a top six finish or better for the scummers this season. Yet these same posters don''t seem to be enjoying ipswich''s struggles for now. Never mention them in fact! But if the scum turn it around expect to see that change!

I would never like to see any club fold and that includes Ipswich, however I would love nothing more than to see the Ipswich Town Football Club suffer for their past debts and tax dodging, even if it meant they would slip into the third or fourth English division. I was at Portman Road last season when relegation was all but sealed after our embarrassing 2-1 defeat to the binners, they were unsurprisingly so smug that day and it hurt when chants of "going down" & "we''ll never play you again" were sang by Ipswich fans untill long after the game had finished.Since then they have been even more smug, so it''s highly satisfying to see Ipswich''s season be panned out in a way that no Town fan expected, IF a relegation or two were to happen to Ipswich in the future I wouldn''t shed a tear, far from.