Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Middle Eastern billionaires line up to buy 10 more English clubs

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Last thing we need.[/quote]

We doon`t wunt noo truck with thum faaarriners.....

[/quote]

You''re not funny. There are foreigners, and there are foreigners, in rich Arab countries workers from the Indian sub-continent get treated like slaves and the Taliban is partially bank-rolled by private donations from the Persian Gulf states, discrimination and corruption are rife and human rights ignored. If you are comfortable with these types running our football club then so be it. Personally I would rather us drop into administration.

[/quote]

So are they all like that then? [:^)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]This is one of the few things that i agree with Delia on, I would be very disappointed to see our club owned by anyone who wasn''t already a fan. NCFC isn''t some toy for a rich billionaire to play with its our club, and only a fellow fan can truly be trusted.  [/quote]

So do you feel your trust in the fan we have in charge at the moment has been rewarded then? [:^)]

[/quote]Did i say that? NOA more general point to make is that football is only heading in the billionaire owner direction because people are allowing it to, why can''t we be one of the teams that says no thats not actually what football is all about. Refuse to get sucked into it all, if that means league 2 then so be it. Because one day all these billionaires will start to get bored, they will latch on to the next fad and they will leave a massive hole in finances behind. If you want evidence that a football club can be massively successful without billionaire backers then take a look at Barcelona - European Champions. They are the best team on the planet & play the most attractive football. Yet they are owned entirely by their fans. I am not suggesting that we reach their level of success, but to say that we can''t keep the club in local hands and do extremely well for ourselves is just defeatist.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

You''re not funny. There are foreigners, and there are foreigners, in rich Arab countries workers from the Indian sub-continent get treated like slaves and the Taliban is partially bank-rolled by private donations from the Persian Gulf states, discrimination and corruption are rife and human rights ignored. If you are comfortable with these types running our football club then so be it. Personally I would rather us drop into administration.

[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as funding the Taliban goes, I don''t know and neither do you, it''s something they probably don''t want to advertise. As far as my other points go, it''s things that happen in their countries, they could stop it if they wished...

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Slow The B gger Down"][quote user="Big Dog "]

Might remind you of that when we are bottom of L1 next season having finally gone into admin. Anyone - ANYONE - who appraoches our club offering to invest money now should be welcomed, within reason. Some people don''t realise how deep in the financial sh*t we are.

[/quote]I believe (though I''m not even a fag packet accountant) that if we fail to get to the Championship this season,  we will be in financial dire straights next season.[/quote]On what do you base this belief ?

[/quote]Akin to religion,  fudge all, just my thinking

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As far as funding the Taliban goes, I don''t know and neither do you, it''s something they probably don''t want to advertise. As far as my other points go, it''s things that happen in their countries, they could stop it if they wished...

[/quote]We''re a whisker away from Muslim bashing here.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"There are foreigners, and there are foreigners...the Taliban is partially bank-rolled by private donations from the Persian Gulf states."

Grow up. You could find a reason for any rich person to be undesirable - you don''t get rich by being nice. As I said before, if someone comes along with money, the Old Trout better have a bloody good reason for turning them away (again).

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We''re a whisker away from Muslim bashing here.
[/quote]

Why? Looks to me as though he''s just saying that oil-rich Saudi oligarchs are often known to have shady and unethical business practices (just like most other oligarchs). How the f*** is that ''Muslim bashing''??!! [*-)][8-)]  

[quote][quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]We''re a whisker away from Muslim bashing here.[/quote]

Why? Looks to me as though he''s just saying that oil-rich Saudi oligarchs are often known to have shady and unethical business practices (just like most other oligarchs). How the f*** is that ''Muslim bashing''??!! [*-)][8-)]  

[/quote]What do think the Taliban is?  They were dragged into the stupid argument,  if posters don''t know who these people are they shouldn''t drag them into the stupid argument should they?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, is saying that Macdonalds and other wealthy American business interests have funded the IRA in the past Christian bashing?!    

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Be a bit more careful as to what you say and try expanding your knowledgea bit. Some Arab states employ Pakistanis (and other SE Asians) to work on their building projects, treating them like slaves. The Pakistani workers get paid less than their European counterparts, live in squalid conditions, are seen  to be "unclean" by the Arabs and segregated from them.

The majority of Pakistanis are Muslim...

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]We''re a whisker away from Muslim bashing here.[/quote]

[/quote]

So, is saying that Macdonalds and other wealthy American business interests have funded the IRA in the past Christian bashing?!    

[/quote]What you asking me for?  Firstly I said we were a whisker away from Muslim bashing, and secondly mentioning the Taliban in the first place was ridiculous in the first place. 

[quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"There are foreigners, and there are foreigners...the Taliban is partially bank-rolled by private donations from the Persian Gulf states."

Grow up. You could find a reason for any rich person to be undesirable - you don''t get rich by being nice. As I said before, if someone comes along with money, the Old Trout better have a bloody good reason for turning them away (again).

[/quote]

The Queen, Bill Gates and Richard Branson - Fire away, I won''t accept anything less than "funding organised terrorism" though as that is what the Taliban do.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"There are foreigners, and there are foreigners...the Taliban is partially bank-rolled by private donations from the Persian Gulf states." Grow up. You could find a reason for any rich person to be undesirable - you don''t get rich by being nice. As I said before, if someone comes along with money, the Old Trout better have a bloody good reason for turning them away (again).

[/quote]

The Queen, Bill Gates and Richard Branson - Fire away, I won''t accept anything less than "funding organised terrorism" though as that is what the Taliban do.

[/quote]Unlike Britain And the USA who''d never do that would they.

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unlike Britain And the USA who''d never do that would they.
[/quote]

Now we certainly agree on this STBD [Y][:)]

[quote user="Slow The Bgger Down"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Big Dog "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Unlike Britain And the USA who''d never do that would they.
[/quote]

You seem to have trouble grasping what people are saying in this thread. I was talking about wealthy Arabs, BigDog mentioned "any rich person", at no point has state-funded terrorism been brought up. It''s not like "Britain and the USA" are going to buy our club is it?

MF - Do you think that the kind of person who is likely to fund terrorism is the same kind of person who wants to own a football club ? Bin Laden could very easily have bought Arsenal and saved the world and himself a whole load of bother - Do you think anyone has it in them to be both a Bin Laden and a football club owner ?

The Queen does not count because of her constitutional status.

If you think Richard Branson and Bill Gates made money without hurting people along the way you are even more stupid than you appear.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]MF - Do you think that the kind of person who is likely to fund terrorism is the same kind of person who wants to own a football club ? Bin Laden could very easily have bought Arsenal and saved the world and himself a whole load of bother - Do you think anyone has it in them to be both a Bin Laden and a football club owner ?[/quote]

Don''t be so naive these are exactly the sort of people who wish to buy football clubs. It is a legitimate investment for their ill gotten gains as well as deflecting attention away from some of their more dodgy activitiesExamples include former Thai president Thaksin Shinawatra who briefly owned man city. He

allegedly had political opponents ''disappeared'' as well as having

allegations of massive corruption. Don''t forget that the original billionaire Roman Abramovich is far from clean. He basically stole his billions from the Russian workers. I want success too, but not on the back of peoples suffering.

[quote user="Big Dog "]The Queen does not count because of her constitutional status.If you think Richard Branson and Bill Gates made money without hurting people along the way you are even more stupid than you appear.[/quote]Well the Queen is a thief anyway, thats our money/palaces etc that she uses. If you ask me we should demand them back and send the lot of them down to the job centre.

[quote user="Big Dog "]The Queen does not count because of her constitutional status.If you think Richard Branson and Bill Gates made money without hurting people along the way you are even more stupid than you appear.[/quote]Really? I''d like some examples please.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Big Dog "]The Queen does not count because of her constitutional status.If you think Richard Branson and Bill Gates made money without hurting people along the way you are even more stupid than you appear.[/quote]Really? I''d like some examples please.

[/quote]I suppose you could argue that Branson nearly helped to put British Airways out of business - but that was just by being more competitive ?  Oh, and by their pension scheme being ridiculously generous.

"The Queen does not count because of her constitutional status."

Yeah! The Queen is local at Sandringham, got lots of money... she could buy us out! Awesome!

My overall point is that I don''t think it is as simple as just grouping rich people as "good", "bad" or "naughty" millionaires.

A Marxist would say that all property is theft, and therefore all millionaires are naughty.

A market capitalist would be at the other end of the spectrum.

All I am saying is that I am a realist, and I do not believe you can make millions of pounds in this world without stepping on people - and hurting others - to get there. Some are worse than others of course.

Is Delia a "good" millionaire? Of course, but you don''t get a TV series without being a pushy sod and fighting your way past others...fact. Did she exploit her loyal following by publishing a book that included how to boil and egg and cook oven chips? Some would say, yes. It is not so black and white; good and bad.

So I say, if someone wants to give Norwich City money and arrest this gradual slide into League Two, then being sniffy about whether they are a nice person is absurd.

I was with you up til; "Did she exploit her loyal following by publishing a book that included how to boil and egg and cook oven chips? Some would say, yes." See didn''t exploit them - her entire career was built on teaching people basic, simple, effective cooking with normal ingredients. To say she exploited them by what is her major selling point is to twist the truth somewhat.

But it''s is a minor point.

[quote]All I am saying is that I am a realist, and I do not believe you can

make millions of pounds in this world without stepping on people - and

hurting others - to get there. Some are worse than others of course.[/quote]These days you can, just by positioning yourself in a stream of traffic and taking a couple of pence off everyone that goes past you.

[quote user="First Jedi"]I was with you up til; "Did she exploit her loyal following by publishing a book that included how to boil and egg and cook oven chips? Some would say, yes." See didn''t exploit them - her entire career was built on teaching people basic, simple, effective cooking with normal ingredients. To say she exploited them by what is her major selling point is to twist the truth somewhat. But it''s is a minor point.[/quote]

Sorry, my bad. Will go and count some rosary beads for insulting Our Blessed Saviour.