Sign in to follow this  
G

Lets get Sol.

I think he quit because they said they were building new facilities and they wern''t but Notts County said after playing in a crappy ground he couldn''t handle it. And it says he can''t sign for a Premiership club until January.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Seen he has left Notts County. Sign him up I say.[/quote]

He only lasted one day with Notts County before he decided that League 1 wasn''t for him so what makes you think he''d even think about us never mind play for us.

Also where are his wages going to come from?

[/quote]

Notts County are in League 2 dear. I don''t care where his wages are coming from. Didn''t say it was happening just said i wanted it to.

[/quote]

Silly me [:D] Bet he has a deal lined up for January which is why he jacked it in so quickly.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Surely it makes more sense for him to play for Notts til January though?[/quote]

Not if you know Sol (I''m sometimes so deep I don''t know myself).

I think he simply had a WTF moment, having encountered the poorly watered training ground and then one of Morecambe''s less subtle "Football Operatives" during the game itself.

He''s just moved in with the Barrett Homes heiress and they are having a mansion built (as you do) way up in Kirkwhelpington, a very beautiful outpost of Toon Country.

Could have been any of that or something else entirely.  One of the probs with Sol is that he leaves you wondering what the REAL story is behind whatever it is and then you realise there doesn''t necessarily HAVE to be a real story.[:|]

Good player in his prime I think.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Surely it makes more sense for him to play for Notts til January though?[/quote]

Not if you know Sol (I''m sometimes so deep I don''t know myself).

I think he simply had a WTF moment, having encountered the poorly watered training ground and then one of Morecambe''s less subtle "Football Operatives" during the game itself.

He''s just moved in with the Barrett Homes heiress and they are having a mansion built (as you do) way up in Kirkwhelpington, a very beautiful outpost of Toon Country.

Could have been any of that or something else entirely.  One of the probs with Sol is that he leaves you wondering what the REAL story is behind whatever it is and then you realise there doesn''t necessarily HAVE to be a real story.[:|]

Good player in his prime I think.

[/quote]

PS: Let''s all hope that the Notts County supporters who had majority ownership of a club they''ve not had much cause to crow about in recent generations and who willingly gave up a fans ownership - treasured by some, I believe - upon hearing that they were to be led into The Promised Land.

All of us must hope they are or.............................[:#]

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Fair enough on the money. But he is a quality player, experienced, and a leader just what we need.[/quote]

Just because he is big and a centre back doesn''t make him a leader. He walked out at half time in one match, and has just walked out on his club after one game ffs, hardly leading by example. I know it''s not gonna happen but I would be gutted if it did.

Cant move untill january and wouldnt want him here. He knew the situation at Notts County, he looked round the ground and training faciltys and after a few weeks accepted the offer. Why did he sign a 5 year contract when he knew what everything was set up like? Idiot.Hes a bottler, we dont need players like that. Besides which I read in the paper hes a shirt lifter allegedly.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]The shirt lifter remark was meant as a joke by the way, apologies. Forgot to add a wink.[/quote]

LOL!

Was on the point of getting someone to ring the Barratt Homes heiress.[:$][;)]