Sign in to follow this  
AJ

He got the ball.

AJ - I disagree, rash challenge, my immediate reaction was that it was a penalty, having seen it 20 times since (courtesy of Sky) I am still of the the same opinion. In any case we were not cheated, MKD dominated the second half, I am afraid to say we lack pace and we lack quality....

Not sure what all the fuss is about, it stands to reason that referees who are not good enough to officiate Premier or Championship matches are going to be given the lower league stuff because they''re either gaining experience to build themselves up,older, or just plain crap (last night for instance).The players in the lower leagues aren''t necessarily going to be as skilful as Premier or Championship players (thats why they play in the lower leagues) & are going to resort to dirty tactics either because they''re too slow or lack the skill to deal with players in a fair manner.MK Dons may even have been trying to emulate the antics of the 80''s Wimbledon team with Vinnie & John Fashanu with some success.Surely these things are obvious & should come as no surprise.We are also in this league for a reason,because we''re simply not good enough to be in the leagues above.In my opinion we should,rather than moan about the referees & bully boy tactics such as last night,instead toughen up a bit get used to the circumstance & show a bit of fight ourselves & treat every game as a cup final (we knew that the opposition would be doing just that against us).No surprise!A change of attitude both mentally & physically is needed before we can even think about getting into the top part of this league.

[quote user="fire3822"]Not sure what all the fuss is about, it stands to reason that referees who are not good enough to officiate Premier or Championship matches are going to be given the lower league stuff because they''re either gaining experience to build themselves up,older, or just plain crap (last night for instance).The players in the lower leagues aren''t necessarily going to be as skilful as Premier or Championship players (thats why they play in the lower leagues) & are going to resort to dirty tactics either because they''re too slow or lack the skill to deal with players in a fair manner.MK Dons may even have been trying to emulate the antics of the 80''s Wimbledon team with Vinnie & John Fashanu with some success.Surely these things are obvious & should come as no surprise.We are also in this league for a reason,because we''re simply not good enough to be in the leagues above.In my opinion we should,rather than moan about the referees & bully boy tactics such as last night,instead toughen up a bit get used to the circumstance & show a bit of fight ourselves & treat every game as a cup final (we knew that the opposition would be doing just that against us).No surprise!A change of attitude both mentally & physically is needed before we can even think about getting into the top part of this league.[/quote]Reckon Holt knows what it''s all about. Did you see him defending in the box? Like a bloke in a pub trying to get things to kick off !

He definately got the ball and therefore I dont think it was a penalty but the ball never changed direction when contact was made so it was a tough one for the linesman. We were unlucky through injury and could''ve had a pen ourselves as well but I don''t think we did enough to get anything from the game (paticularly second half)

Penalty for me, absolutely no need to make that challenge.

If that had happened at the other end and we got nothing then every single one of you would still be going mad.

That said I also think the push on Holt was a blatant stone waller too.

Martin may have got the ball (barely). The ridiculous thing is why Martin made the challenge. The guy was going nowhere and Martin should have seen him out and most importantly not given the officials the opportunity to give a pen.In cricket the umpire doesn''t get every decision right so the bowler needs to give him every opportunity to give him out.

If we had eleven players with Holts passion & confidence we wouldn''t be in the current position.I didn''t go last night but have been enough times in the last few seasons to see a lack of passion from the players & general ability which I''ve not seen at Norwich since I''ve supported them (mid seventies),possibly because of the volume of loan players in recent years.The players definitely need a massive injection of confidence & surely playing for one of the best supported teams in England should generate passion enough,there''s thousands of people who can only dream of playing for Norwich (most who turn out to watch on a regular basis) & lets not forget that these are professional footballers who should leave personal emotions in the dressing room & go out & give their all on a Saturday afternoon ...but they don''t. I''m hoping & praying that Lambert can fire them up to do just that & return some well deserved pride back to the long suffering Norwich fans. 

What the **** was he thinking? The fact that he touched the ball is pointless since the touch was so small it was impossible to detect in full speed. How stupid do you have to be to make that challenge. All he had to do is see him out of the area.All those blaming the ref, from his angle and distance from play any ref would have gone with the linesman who had a much better view of the incident.

your the idiot, Martin just made an error, he''s a striker asked to do his share of defending. I suppose your perfect and never make mistakes?Perhaps if Lambert hadnt employed him left wing and instructed him to do his share of tracking back he wouldnt have been there.

There will be hundreds of dodgy penalty decisions every season and as somebody said earlier if it had happened up the other end everybody would be screaming penalty , get over youselves you sound like a load of cry babies .

plain and simple tho, the ref got it wrong, and so did the linesman, if it was a penalty then martin shouldve gone in the book, he didnt therefore it shouldnt of been given, the rules are if you foul a player in the area where no contact of ball is made then its a penalty and a card, why did the ref only give the penalty and not a card,

the ref was awful all night, chadwick got carder yet the first major challenge was a horendous foul that shouldve been a yellow and wasnt

how can the FA say we should respect refs when they perform as bad as that, the rules are rules, the ref should enforce those rules, last nights ref didnt.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]There will be hundreds of dodgy penalty decisions every season and as somebody said earlier if it had happened up the other end everybody would be screaming penalty , get over youselves you sound like a load of cry babies .[/quote]Cock.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]There will be hundreds of dodgy penalty decisions every season and as somebody said earlier if it had happened up the other end everybody would be screaming penalty , get over youselves you sound like a load of cry babies .[/quote]Even if you think you aren''t, you''re a binner.Go & find another team to moan about, you miserable, miserable man.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]There will be hundreds of dodgy penalty decisions every season and as somebody said earlier if it had happened up the other end everybody would be screaming penalty , get over youselves you sound like a load of cry babies .[/quote]Even if you think you aren''t, you''re a binner.Go & find another team to moan about, you miserable, miserable man.

[/quote] Didnt think i was moaning about the team just its cry baby supporters who all come across as nine years old ,grow up the lot of you , you are more of a disgrace than the team and thats saying something.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]There will be hundreds of dodgy penalty decisions every season and as somebody said earlier if it had happened up the other end everybody would be screaming penalty , get over youselves you sound like a load of cry babies .
[/quote]

Even if you think you aren''t, you''re a binner.

Go & find another team to moan about, you miserable, miserable man.

[/quote] Didnt think i was moaning about the team just its cry baby supporters who all come across as nine years old ,grow up the lot of you , you are more of a disgrace than the team and thats saying something.
[/quote]

You''re the artist formerly known as ''Gunn''s no legend'' aren''t you?