Sign in to follow this  
kc canary

Teenagers playing for city

IMO, the youngsters are getting too much of a run out at the moment. Adeyami, Smith and Daley are hopefully going to featuring for norwich in years to come, and i do agree with giving them game time. But starting with two of them last night, in what will be one of the hardest away games of the season, only behind Charlton, Leeds and Huddersfiled, was not the cleverest plan. Im not the biggest fan of Russell, but i would have preferred to seem him coming on instead of Adeyami, and I would have preferred to have Hoolahan, who i am also not the biggest fan of, to starty on the wing rather than Daley. Daley has the pace and perhaps the skill, but the way he plays he needs strength and he just does not have enough right now. Maybe bringing him on in the final 20 so he can run at tired defenders. but certainly not a starter. We are in danger of overplaying these youngsters and giving them too much confidence

thats the point im trying to make, not good enough. im using their age as an excuse as to why they are not good enough to be starting every game at the moment, but once they mature and grow a bit more they wil be very good players

Korey Smith is fine whilst he has, Hooze, WLY and Lappin playing with him, i''ve seen all 3 shouting encouragement to him at some point since Lambert''s been in charge.

Agree With Giving The Youngsters A Shot In The First Team As Long As They Are Good Enough And Can Handle It Physically! But I Don''t Agree With A Team Full Of Youngsters, As Some Experience Within The Team Is Needed!

Agreed that Smith looks good with experience around him. Perhaps we should ship some of them Luton for a season and see if they come with a similat improvement to "Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee!"

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]Agree With Giving The Youngsters A Shot In The First Team As Long As They Are Good Enough And Can Handle It Physically! But I Don''t Agree With A Team Full Of Youngsters, As Some Experience Within The Team Is Needed![/quote]Agreed. Last night we ended up with five Academy graduates out there, all aged 20 or under, and I think we need a bit more experience out there.The thing is though, I wouldn''t be too displeased with a top half finish this season if the youngsters all play regularly and develop.

Youth doesn''t command a large salary.....and fills the back page of the programme making the squad look sizeable & healthy....ish.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Youth doesn''t command a large salary.....and fills the back page of the programme making the squad look sizeable & healthy....ish.[/quote]

Oh so true Mello.

Team selection recently seems to have more to do with finances than with form.