Sign in to follow this  
writeronthestorm

How about a guide to the squad for Lambert?

If you were to be called in to meet Paul Lambert and give him a rundown on each member of the current squad, what would you tell him?

I haven''t been to any games, so I will leave it to those that have, as they are in a much better position to judge. 

He''s probably already got more than enough info already - after all he presumably masterminded the 7-1 defeat. No doubt he''s already ready penciled in the weak spots, starting with the Goalkeeper and the whole defence.

At least he should be fully aware that Doc/Nelson and OTJ/Gill are suicidal combinations in the center of the park!Would like to see Askou and Spillane with Hughes and Adeyemi in midfield.

here is mine:Alnwick - Keep as number oneRudd -  Young keeper with great potentialTheo - Get rid, youve seen the evidence...Otsemobor - Poor for three years, get rid. Dont take notice of the pace because he is lazy and rarely uses itSpillane - A dependable player and should do a job and is improving all the timeDoc - Probably our second best defender but can be a bit clumsy but always puts in 100%Nelson - To slow get rid, once again youve seen the evidence.Askou - Looks an assured signings, could do well.Stefanovic - Gunny didnt like him but he is our best defender and would be great to pursuade him to stay.Dumic - Probably the best of the youth players, needs to go on loan or be blended into the first teamStephens - Another youth with potential, but too early I would sayDrury - Had terrible injuries for two years but is dependable and reliable and is coming back to full fitness.Wiggins - Potential at Palace but has been injuredHabergham - Another youth with potential, was injured last season, needs timeWhaley - Either good or is crap, looks lazy at times but has a great shot, should be better so needs work on himMcVeigh - Skillful and can change a game, good squad playerTudor-Jones - Slow and doesnt like heading, not a bad passer, overrated im afraid.Gill - Started off slow but i rate him and could be a good player.Adeyemi - The best of the youngsters, recommend that we play him but not too much, very mature for 17Hughes - The best midfielder at the club, good passer, but struggling for fitnessRussell - Out of favour with Gunn, but had played in the champ and should be pursuaded to stayLathrope - Had potential, needs to go on loanSmith - Was one our best players against Charlton, should be close to the first team, loads of energy.Hoolahan - Nothing needs to be saidLappin - Very good pro and dependable, but lacks pace for a winger but does have the best cross at the clubHolt - Goals and works his socks offMcdonald - Pace and is a raw talent, most exciting player hereMartin - Good season at Luton and is a good finisher but lacks pace and is too similar to Holt in his styleMaric - Settling in but is good in the air and could be a good player to use if Holt gets injuredCureton - Has had a torrid time, but come could good if you can in store confidence in himDaley - Loads of pace no end product and is lightweight, would get ridRenton - Not good enough, get ridKelly - Centre forward, needs time. Can also play centre half where I reckon is his best position.I think thats everyone...

I Dont Think We Should Get Rid Of Theo. Everyone Says Give Lambert A Chance So We Should Give Him A Another Chance Too! Enough Said About His First Performance But The Longer We Leave Him Out The Worse He Will Be And If We Can''t Get Alnwick For Longer/Permanent Then We May Be stuck! I Also Think Dumic Should Be Given A Chance In The First Team, He Looks More Solid Than Others. Lappin Also Deserves A Start But In Mid-field Not Defence! Docherty Should Not Be Captain Based On His Present Form! :)