Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

At last, the BIG club way of getting the right man ! !

I almost begged in these Forums ages back not to hold interviews but to target your man and by legal avenues bust a gut to get him ! As I said that''s BIG club mentality !

Those damned interviews just helped pick out the best orators, full of verbal football talent and devoid of football managerial ability.

Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder could have talked themselves into any job of any kind, neither could have been selected on their managerial achievements. So fingers crossed we now get a man of some proven ability because we want him and not just because he''s available,and hopefully stop this remorseful parade of loser type people who have cost us dearly both financially and status-wise !

Totally agree Jim. All that happens when you advertise a position as we usually do is that you get unemployed managers who have failed elsewhere, men who have never managed before, or if you''re really lucky a current manager who is so unsettled at his current club that he offers his talents elsewhere without caring what his current club feel about it.

A proper manager is busy managing.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

I almost begged in these Forums ages back not to hold interviews but to target your man and by legal avenues bust a gut to get him ! As I said that''s BIG club mentality !

Those damned interviews just helped pick out the best orators, full of verbal football talent and devoid of football managerial ability.

Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder could have talked themselves into any job of any kind, neither could have been selected on their managerial achievements. So fingers crossed we now get a man of some proven ability because we want him and not just because he''s available,and hopefully stop this remorseful parade of loser type people who have cost us dearly both financially and status-wise !

[/quote]Well said sir never thought we would ever choose a manager this way. Robert Chase did so and he picked some good uns, just made a mess of it when he got them.

[/quote]

I agree with that Jim, I just hope they have ''identified'' the right man, and we are not going to feel let down again.

Did you know anyone can apply for the job, and they HAVE to send a response. It''s a great thing to have framed. Although if Peter Grant can get the job..............

Great post Jim. Totally agree, but you seem to have missed the point that you aren''t allowed to post today without starting a totally unfounded rumour!

[/quote]