Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

' U's ' Boss Backs City

Thats the oldest trick in the book. I lost count last season the number of managers and players who backed us to stay up and assured us we were in no danger. Sorry PL when you''ve been tonked 7 -1 it sounds a bit silly. No chance of  us being lulled into a sense of security this time round !

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Have you got a link?
[/quote] Is in todays pink un pullout in edp.

'' U''s '' Boss Backs City...to get tonked again if they play like that!!!   That is what it SHOULD read...same old speal and i fear will will be hearing mcuh the same over the coming season...all my optimism has gone and only after 1 game  [:(] i will still be suppoting City as they are in my blood

[quote user="ref89"]Vote of confidence after one game from a fellow manager.  Says it all![/quote]Can people please stop saying ''says it all'' about things that say almost nothing?

It''s nothing new from PL.  He said weeks ago that he thought you would be one of the better sides in the Division and he regarded the game as a "very tough" opening fixture for us.

We are always confident this end (in fact we''re all as daft as you lot) and once we signed Lisbie I thought we would be in with a chance because I felt his pace might cause problems for you. 

But it was regarded as a tough start this end and no one could have foreseen what happened.   

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]What about if we draw them in the Paint Pot...?
[/quote]

He will back us again once they have thrashed us for a second time ! [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]He''s just saying that in the hope that nothing changes at the club and they can give us another mauling in January. [Y][/quote]

Sighs. We are at home to Orient (Carling) and then Yeovil.  We have moved on this end.  Suggest you do the same.

That was then.  This is now.[:|]